Info about cruising on Oosterdam

mskitty1

Who has been on the Oosterdam recently? Am booked leaving on January 13, 2017 and would like to know about the Production shows, Lincoln Center Stage, and mother changes that have occurred on this ship since its last dry dock. :)

There is a thread below begun by dag144 and it has the information you are looking with varying degrees of opinions. We personally enjoyed the cruise on the Oosterdam. The changes were fine with us, although I don't know all they made and cannot comment on them.

Was on the ship last week - I'm not the best person to ask because of my "weird" likes and dislikes, but...

Lincoln Center Stage - there will be a new group - the quintet (2 violins, viola, cello, piano) reached the end of their contract last week. Their last concert was amazing - they picked their favorites and put everything into it. Best entertainment on the ship IMO.

BB King - good show, good musicians. People danced to their music.

Production shows - only caught 1, Off the Charts, music "from Elvis to Beyonce". Seemed like they started the show with a specific drum beat and sang everything at that tempo. Good enough, not my thing, YMMV.

Other shows:

Pianist Paul Pappas - love his energy, enthusiasm, sheer joy of playing - plays well and fast!

Comedian Tom Briscoe - funny, fresh material.

Magician Jeff McBride - not a fan of magic - he may have been good, I just get bored with the "show" around the tricks.

Also featured the Frozen Planet documentary accompanied by the Lincoln Center Stage Quintet (did not attend).

Piano Bar - Joel

Movies in theater (showed several times/day + lots more on flat screen TV in cabin):

Home Alone

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Deepwater Horizon

Nine Lives

Florence Foster Jenkins

Miracle on 34th Street

Jason Bourne

Other shows:

Pianist Paul Pappas - love his energy, enthusiasm, sheer joy of playing - plays well and fast!

Comedian Tom Briscoe - funny, fresh material.

Magician Jeff McBride - not a fan of magic - he may have been good, I just get bored with the "show" around the tricks.

Thank you for this information. It's always good to have an idea what to expect when you see a name on the daily program.

Oh, and I agree about Paul Pappas. I've been a fan for years, and never miss his show when he's on my HAL cruise.

TI agree about Paul Pappas. I've been a fan for years, and never miss his show when he's on my HAL cruise.

I just love him! I told other people about him (I had seen him once before) so they went to his show and agreed, even thanked me for the recommendation.

Was on the ship last week -

I'm boarding the Oosterdam on Friday. A friend got off the Nieuw Amsterdam today and reported that Fox and BBC were the only news channels on board. Was that the case on the Oosterdam as well?

And thank you so much for all of the very helpful information you have already provided!