Transferring to TA after final payment

Wilson

Considering a cruise that departs in a few weeks and our agency is closed for the weekend. I was going to book directly with Royal to secure a deal and the cabin we want. Obviously payment must be made in full upon booking, but my question is can I transfer the reservation to my TA on Monday? TA will give us onboard credit not offered by Royal.

Considering a cruise that departs in a few weeks and our agency is closed for the weekend. I was going to book directly with Royal to secure a deal and the cabin we want. Obviously payment must be made in full upon booking, but my question is can I transfer the reservation to my TA on Monday? TA will give us onboard credit not offered by Royal.

No, can't transfer ones within final payment.

That is what I was afraid of. I can book with the company online, but prefer to work with a specific TA. Online reservations go into the pool.

I will just book online tonight with "company" for obc and hope that it generates a booking number immediately so I can book air tonight as well.

Thank you.

Edited by Wilson

FYI Holds are gone from the website but you can still place them on most sailings over the phone! I did it last night for a cruise departing in 5 weeks (so well within final payment time). And because it was after midnight, it actually gives me 2 days to decide! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FYI Holds are gone from the website but you can still place them on most sailings over the phone! I did it last night for a cruise departing in 5 weeks (so well within final payment time). And because it was after midnight, it actually gives me 2 days to decide! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for posting, but isn't it a 24 hour hold? That's still 1 day:confused:

would also like to say that I have before gotten a booking transferred to a TA after final payment, was able to do it in Sept. I am hoping they will do it for me again for my cruise in Jan.

From my understanding, it's basically impossible to do, but it IS possible. Just wanted to have my experience on CC in case anyone needs this info one day!