Coral sanctuary questions

New2cruise1483

We are booked on a 15 day full transit Panama Canal cruise in April of 2018 on the Coral and I'm very interested in the sanctuary. I have a couple questions regarding buying passes though.

1) Can I make reservations for certain days? I would like to book it only for sea days as it seems like it would be a waste on port days when we're ashore, and it seems that the sanctuary closes at 5.

2) The cabanas look lovely. Do they cost extra to reserve on top of what you would already pay for the sanctuary?

3) is there a bar in there that we could get beer, wine or frozen froo froo drinks if we like or would we have to go elsewhere for them?

4) Will we be able to view the sanctuary on embarkation day to see for sure if it is something we would be interested in for sure before spending the money on it?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

1. Whether you can book for just sea days depends on the manager. Canal day is always booked separately no matter what and is double the cost for just that day. It sells out quickly so if you want to book the Sanctuary on Canal day, do so ASAP.

2. The cabanas are very nice. Extra charge. I don't know how much.

3. No bar but attendants are there to bring you water, drinks, food, cold towels, pool towels, etc. Drinks other than water are not included and charged at regular prices. If you have a drink or soda package, you can use it there. There's a $3 delivery charge for food that's ordered. Afternoon tea is included and served every day at about 3:30pm. Delicious.

4. The Sanctuary will be open. I'd suggest going there as soon as possible after boarding to view it and decide whether to book or not. The "best" (those in the shade) loungers book quickly.

Unless things have changed, the cabanas on Coral are not extra charge (the ones on the Regal and Royal are, they have more amenities). These typically go to full cruise bookers.

As far as sea days, on that itinerary its very rare they will allow a just sea day pre-booking. It will be either day of only (or sometimes evening before). Canal day can usually be pre-booked.

The $3 fee technically includes drink delivery too, btw, but we were rarely charged if at all. We of course, tipped accordingly at the end.

1. Whether you can book for just sea days depends on the manager. Canal day is always booked separately no matter what and is double the cost for just that day. It sells out quickly so if you want to book the Sanctuary on Canal day, do so ASAP.

3. No bar but attendants are there to bring you water, drinks, food, cold towels, pool towels, etc. Drinks other than water are not included and charged at regular prices. If you have a drink or soda package, you can use it there. There's a $3 delivery charge for food that's ordered. Afternoon tea is included and served every day at about 3:30pm. Delicious.

4. The Sanctuary will be open. I'd suggest going there as soon as possible after boarding to view it and decide whether to book or not. The "best" (those in the shade) loungers book quickly.

Pam,

I never new Princess changes you double for the Sanctuary that day. $80.pp :eek:

Tony

Pam,

I never new Princess changes you double for the Sanctuary that day. $80.pp :eek:

I have to double check my final folio bill from a couple of weeks ago but I think it was $60 for the day. I was paying $30/day as I'd booked for the whole cruise.

Just off the Coral in October. Cost of the Sanctuary is as follows.

1/2 day = $20.00

Full day = $40.00

Full Cruise = $30.00 per day

Cabana = $220.00 per day

If you order lunch through the Sanctuary Menu they will charge your room $3.00 per person for delivery.

They will bring you water (lime or orange) and afternoon tea for free, unless you want to tip them.

As far as drinks go, I would always take a short walk to the nearest bar and bring drinks back for me and my wife so I do not know if there is a delivery charge for that.

You can select whichever days you want at embarkation, but get there fast because the good loungers go fast. There is also usually an availability of loungers on any given day that you can choose each morning.

Canal days are special and must be reserved separately. They are not included in the Full Cruise reservation and are usually double the regular rate.

If you have chosen specific days and later wish to change/cancel, you may do so the day before the reservation. Each charge will not appear on your stateroom charge until that day.

I hope this information helps.

We did the full transit of the canal a little over a year ago. You can book sea days in advance. I booked all the sea day afternoons. The shaded areas are rather iffy and it is hard to figure in advance where it will be but it is not impossible. And the sanctuary was never full except maybe for the canal day. $20 per half day. I know nothing of the cabanas, they were on the higher level. I enjoyed the back of the ship sanctuary for a change. The sanctuary is open for booking upon embarkation. It would be good to go there first if you know when you wish to book. I am sure that occupancy varies greatly from cruise to cruise and it might be busy for your cruise. I really enjoyed the sanctuary on the Coral. Of course I always enjoy the sanctuary.

Wow, what did they add to the cabanas to justify that? They were prior just first come first serve choices and I didn't think they changed anything structurally...

Just off the Coral in October. Cost of the Sanctuary is as follows.

1/2 day = $20.00

Full day = $40.00

Full Cruise = $30.00 per day

Cabana = $220.00 per day

If you order lunch through the Sanctuary Menu they will charge your room $3.00 per person for delivery.

They will bring you water (lime or orange) and afternoon tea for free, unless you want to tip them.

As far as drinks go, I would always take a short walk to the nearest bar and bring drinks back for me and my wife so I do not know if there is a delivery charge for that.

You can select whichever days you want at embarkation, but get there fast because the good loungers go fast. There is also usually an availability of loungers on any given day that you can choose each morning.

Canal days are special and must be reserved separately. They are not included in the Full Cruise reservation and are usually double the regular rate.

If you have chosen specific days and later wish to change/cancel, you may do so the day before the reservation. Each charge will not appear on your stateroom charge until that day.

I hope this information helps.

• 2 weeks later...

On our sailing 12/8-18, they were offering a Canal Day Special, $60 per person, in the cabana with a light breakfast served.

i haven't seen this ? asked yet,

we will be sailing on Coral with another couple, does one person from each cabin have to go to the sanctuary, or can one person sign up for both cabins.

thanx for any info, Mike in CT

Usually one person would book four loungers which would be charged to that persons on board account.. Therefore you would have to get reimbursement from your friends. When booking the Sanctuary the receipt raised had to be signed by the cabin occupier.

It may be different on some ships but that is what we have always found. No doubt someone will let you know any different.