Youngest Self Made Pinnacles (Non Inherited)?

Garavar

Unless this couple didn't start cruising until they were over the age of 21 and they paid for their own cruise in full they "grew" off of someone. That is if I understand of your question correctly.

It doesn't really matter who pays for the cruise. All those in the cabin receive points... as far as I know..

So all have earned points (except me)

Last post... I give up.....I know that all those who fall asleep in the "plane" while daddy is earning his pilots license will also get their own pilots license. ie become Pinnacle.

That was not MY question. To me SELF MADE means YOU MADE IT YOURSELF. A husband and wife are considered ONE, even the gov't allows for joint filing (as one)

It doesn't really matter anyway. Thank you for all your reply's :).

Last post... I give up.....I know that all those who fall asleep in the "plane" while daddy is earning his pilots license will also get their own pilots license. ie become Pinnacle.

That was not MY question. To me SELF MADE means YOU MADE IT YOURSELF. A husband and wife are considered ONE, even the gov't allows for joint filing (as one)

We are self made D+ at 44 (me) and 40 DW. Paid for all our own cruises, never cruised before the age of 32. Hope to make the next tier in 12 years, still on my own coin. That could/might make us the youngest self made Pinnacles, but you need to check back in a decade or so.:D

Off to make a note in my Iphone calendar to respond in ten years about our status. I can imagine the responses when this 10 year old thread reappears again.:p

We are self made D+ at 44 (me) and 40 DW. Paid for all our own cruises, never cruised before the age of 32. Hope to make the next tier in 12 years, still on my own coin. That could/might make us the youngest self made Pinnacles, but you need to check back in a decade or so.:D

Off to make a note in my Iphone calendar to respond in ten years about our status. I can imagine the responses when this 10 year old thread reappears again.:p

A&L

Check out the Anthem's sailings to push you to the next level

MEMBER EXCLUSIVE ANTHEM OF THE SEAS OFFER

Receive next tier up Balcony & Suite discount benefits when you book any Anthem of the Seas sailing after January 1, 2017. Offer is combinable with the current Free Upgrades offer where you can book a balcony stateroom for the price of an ocean view. Offer ends January 31, 2017.

Book now.

Edited by Ocean Dancer

Guess i'm in the minority who couldn't care less to become Pinnacle.If one day I become Pinnacle is fine and if not also perfectly fine with me. I became D+ 2 years ago and a couple of weeks ago i took my first cruise as a D+, because i was cruising on other cruise lines!

I made Pinnacle at 34y/o. By myself. No one Paid for my cruises. My first RCCL cruise was when I was 22.

Fortunately I have a career with a shift work schedule that makes getting time off easier and requires less Vacation to get a segment off than a regular Monday - Friday Job (and other weeks it will cost me double the vacation it would take someone to take a week off) Just the way a rotating shft work schedule goes.

I know a few other younger Pinnacles that are in the same "boat" as I am as far as that goes.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

But it's not even your post, is it? So your definition and your thread policing aren't really relevant?

I have 120 points right now as Diamond. My plan is to get to Diamond+ next year, should have enough booked right now in order to get there... might need to book another cruise just to be sure. I've been on all of my cruises and did not inherit anything from my parents. My goal is to get to Pinnacle before I am 40.

I am currently 22.

But it's not even your post, is it? So your definition and your thread policing aren't really relevant?

I did not know that one was not allowed to ask a similar question on someone else's thread. I did not think the OP'S question was actually answered until the last post or two.

And your policing this thread is not relevant at all since it is not YOUR

thread. What have you added to it?

Congrats to Firefighterhoop!! And you live in MN too.

Edited by Ocean Dancer

Just adding that my DD made Diamond on her own at 14. [emoji1][emoji1]. We're a ways away from D+, though, and starting to burn out a bit on RCI. It seems like the food service has declined sharply the past few cruises, and there's more "nickel and dime" expenses each trip. [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51].

We've been thinking about jumping to Celebrity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Guess i'm in the minority who couldn't care less to become Pinnacle.If one day I become Pinnacle is fine and if not also perfectly fine with me. I became D+ 2 years ago and a couple of weeks ago i took my first cruise as a D+, because i was cruising on other cruise lines!

We're the same way as you. We will probably never make it, because we cruise other lines over half the time. It's still our favorite line but like experiencing other lines to get different foods, entertainment, atmosphere and itineraries. We're D+ also.

To keep with the ops post, our 12yo turned D on her own at 8 (we cruise without her 1/4 of the time) and halfway to D+ on her own now (has it through us). She might get pinnacle at some point if she sticks with us and adds her own as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Both of my kids (turning 18 and 20 this week) were diamond in their own right before turning 18 (meaning sialed all the nights and with only one exception as first or secdon passenger in their room even).

They are also Platinum on DL and have some middle level status on a few other lines---they'd be Diamond plus and about halfway to pinnacle had all of our sailigns been on the one line.

I have heard about the 9 year old before---I really don't find it at all surprising.

Oh, and in case I missed it (I admit I skimmed a bit when teh thread turned into an argument about what "in their own right" means): 18 year olds can sail from European ports (and I htink Australia).

Correct. Other than marrying into Pinnacle status it has to be earned on its own. We met a 9-year-old Pinnacle member on Oasis in January, at the Pinnacle event. She is the grandchild of a very generous couple, and has earned her 700+ points by cruising with them.

I'm guessing she is the youngest.

We were on Serenade in November where a 25 year old made Pinnacle. From what we heard he was highly educated (doctor or lawyer I think) and had been cruising for quite awhile. According to the LA, he had another 100+ nights of cruising booked over the next year. I think it is nice to see the next generation of cruisers who enjoy the sea as much as we all do.

This thread has started a discussion about what exactly is self-made. Garavar needs to come back, but as I see it, he was not asking about self-made as in, paid for by oneself. Yes, he said self-made but he also clarified it by asking who has made P by cruising and no mention of who paid. ;)

I guess there are different definitions of "self made"

Even though a baby or child can cruise with mommy and daddy and earn points that add up to Pinnacle , to me that doesn't answer the question but IS one way to become Pinnacle, but NOT self made.

You are NOT going to get your pilot's license by just being in the plane that daddy is flying to get his hours.

I do not know how to explain it any better, but to me, the question has not been answered.

Hopefully that 37 year old couple will repost as they seem to be the youngest so far, but I'd like to know if they "grew" off their parents.

I agree with you on this. Self Made implies that you accomplished something. Having parents book a cruise for a 3 year old or a minor at all does not mean the child has done anything themselves. I guess I hear self made and assume it's actually accomplished on your own. Being a child brought onto a cruise by parents is not accomplishing a cruise on your own. That would be like saying Paris Hilton was a self made millionaire at birth because her parents were millionaires. Yes, she was physically present in her parents mansion, purchased by her parents like a toddler is physically on a ship booked by her parents but neither had a choice in that. To me that is not self made.

I would like to know the age of the youngest pc that is actually self made, ie: accomplished this status on their own. I cannot imagine someone doing this at a very young age!

I agree with you on this. Self Made implies that you accomplished something. Having parents book a cruise for a 3 year old or a minor at all does not mean the child has done anything themselves. I guess I hear self made and assume it's actually accomplished on your own. Being a child brought onto a cruise by parents is not accomplishing a cruise on your own. That would be like saying Paris Hilton was a self made millionaire at birth because her parents were millionaires. Yes, she was physically present in her parents mansion, purchased by her parents like a toddler is physically on a ship booked by her parents but neither had a choice in that. To me that is not self made.

I would like to know the age of the youngest pc that is actually self made, ie: accomplished this status on their own. I cannot imagine someone doing this at a very young age!

We may all have our opinion of what constitutes self made, but Crown & Anchor's policy is what really matters.

You're probably not a minority. We've sailed the most with Royal but tend to want to branch out and have resigned ourselves to not getting there. We've done Princess and a little Carnival, found a second home with Celebrity but we also want to try NCL and maybe MSC.

Absolutely amazing as it might actually seem there are people around who might just say that anybody who has spent that much time on a cruise ship needs to actually visit someplace besides Labadee.

I didn't realize it made any difference where one actually sailed. :rolleyes: Another distinction for RCI to keep track of and award points accordingly, perhaps? A 7-night Caribbean cruise does not get as many points as a 7-night Mediterranean cruise?