Anybody been on Vision OTS lately?

Just done 23 nights on the Vision and enjoyed every minute!

The ship is small and showing her age here and there but I would sail on her again tomorrow if the wife would let me :)

Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi were never really busy, the food and service was excellent, MDR was a little hit and miss on the food side and service was a little slow but the staff tried their best to please.

There were two production shows which were only OK. The Broadway tunes was not to my taste and the Boogie Wonderland was let down a little by the quality of the singers.

Cabin and bed were fine - had an inside for 7 nights and a JS for 16. Stateroom attendant in the JS was first class.

Never had a problem finding a barman or getting a drink - a bit of green with the sea-pass card goes a long way! Service in the DL and the CL was very good and the Diamond Concierge is one of the best out there.

Personally, I had more issues on Harmony in October than the Vision in November/December and would book a smaller ship over the big ones anytime.

Pete

Park Café was very good. All of the usual foods available - ham and egg muffins in the morning and roast beef sandwich in the afternoon.

Plenty of ready made salads and sandwiches and the 'make your own' salad at lunchtime.

Park café was also available for a late night snack.

Are there coke freestyle machines onboard?

We were on almost a year ago, for 10 nights in January 2016. We loved the ship, food, and entertainment. Park Cafe was nice to grab a quick bite. At that time, there were not Freestyle Machines on board. However, we did find the bar staff to be friendly and helpful--something we haven't always experienced on other ships--with just having a soda package and no Freestyle machines. I almost didn't buy the soda package for Vision because of the lack of the self-serve machines. But, for Vision, it worked out.

We were on almost a year ago' date=' for 10 nights in January 2016. We loved the ship, food, and entertainment. Park Cafe was nice to grab a quick bite. At that time, there were not Freestyle Machines on board. However, we did find the bar staff to be friendly and helpful--something we haven't always experienced on other ships--with just having a soda package and no Freestyle machines. I almost didn't buy the soda package for Vision because of the lack of the self-serve machines. But, for Vision, it worked out.[/quote']

Thank you for your answer. We weren't sure about getting the soda package for my husband for our upcoming Vision cruise. When we were on Indy earlier this year, my hubby had issues getting soft drinks from the very busy (but friendly) bar staff.

I think we will give it a go on Vision.

Was the concierge lounge very busy in the evenings? What did they have in there???

On the 7 night Adriatic, the CL was never busy. Usual snack offerings with some hot snacks.

It was busier during the 16 night Suez cruise but it was expanded into the front section of the VCL so I never had a problem finding a seat or getting a drink.

Pete

Just done 23 nights on the Vision and enjoyed every minute!

The ship is small and showing her age here and there but I would sail on her again tomorrow if the wife would let me :)

Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi were never really busy, the food and service was excellent, MDR was a little hit and miss on the food side and service was a little slow but the staff tried their best to please.

There were two production shows which were only OK. The Broadway tunes was not to my taste and the Boogie Wonderland was let down a little by the quality of the singers.

Cabin and bed were fine - had an inside for 7 nights and a JS for 16. Stateroom attendant in the JS was first class.

Never had a problem finding a barman or getting a drink - a bit of green with the sea-pass card goes a long way! Service in the DL and the CL was very good and the Diamond Concierge is one of the best out there.

Personally, I had more issues on Harmony in October than the Vision in November/December and would book a smaller ship over the big ones anytime.

Pete

Pete, perhaps we may have seen each other...we agree, we would sail the Vision again. We just came back after 37 days.

Anselmo Boles, pianist/singer/comedian, Schooner Bar was absolutely outstanding. He caught our attention while walking through the Schooner Bar...he was telling jokes. We decided to stick around. He then started playing the piano...wow!...then he started singing...great voice! Don't miss this extremely talented entertainer.

Themed nights: 50's-60's Night, White Night, 70's Disco Night, Greek Night, Arabian Night, International Flag Night, and of course the formal nights.

Popular was the Latin fitness dance class conducted by Assistant Cruise Director Martin. Deck 4 was full with numerous passengers using Deck 5 and 6 to participate. Great way to lose those extra calories.

Deck 5 promenade was a great place for walkers who prefer the shaded area. It goes around the aft but you'll have to turn around in the front because it's blocked.

Yes, "V", Vojtech in the Diamond Lounge was one of the best we've met. The Concierge Lounge had 3 wonderful concierges: Patricia, Noella, and Mangesh "MJ". Special thanks to Marcos, bartender, Concierge Lounge, he remembered everyone's drink...although he needed help with the overflow in the Viking Crown Lounge during the 16-day Suez Canal sailing.

Loved the soft serve ice-cream just outside the Windjammer.

The food at Izumi's was fresh and the service wonderful. The service at Chops was great...food was mostly good except for the 9-ounce filet that didn't taste like meat. Giovani's was a total disppointment.

Agree with Pete regarding the hit or miss food in the MDR. We were fortunate that we had the same outstanding waiter and assistant waiter who kept us entertained. Note: Check the Windjammer every once in a while for dinner...you'll be surprised.

For lunch, they will often have food staged outside the Windjammer by the pool area. They had barbecues, kabobs, gyros, shawarmas, tacos, and a few more that we missed.

Happy sailing! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yes we just came back this week from a Dubai cruise, had fun enjoyed ourselves although Kasab wasn't worth a port visit.

Food and entertainment was great Beatles show as always was fab, the broadway show however was a bit pitchy in sound.

Try the chefs table for a dinner experience as a treat, but do this booking through your maitre d for best pricing.

Hi all, this will be our first time with RC we are doing the 7 night Dubai cruise in March and are thinking of buying the deluxe drinks package, anyone already had this on Vision ? did you think it is a good idea? previously cruised with P&O and drink prices are very reasonable but seem much more expensive with RC.

Hi all, this will be our first time with RC we are doing the 7 night Dubai cruise in March and are thinking of buying the deluxe drinks package, anyone already had this on Vision ? did you think it is a good idea? previously cruised with P&O and drink prices are very reasonable but seem much more expensive with RC.

Totally depends on how much you will drink. Typical breakeven is 5-6 drinks per day, even port days. Most cocktails are in the $10-$12 range.

Has anyone purchased the Deluxe Package on the current Dubai cruises, if so is it cheaper onboard, many thanks

Would like to know this too just due to rubbish exchange rate at present probably cheaper to buy drinks package but 20% has not been offered on cruise planner at all but wondering if 20% Diamond discount be offered onboard

Would like to know this too just due to rubbish exchange rate at present probably cheaper to buy drinks package but 20% has not been offered on cruise planner at all but wondering if 20% Diamond discount be offered onboard

I thought that all cruises now offered the loyalty discount on the drinks packages ( not very well advertised ) onboard. I'm in in 3 weeks if you haven't got an answer by then [emoji481]🥂[emoji485][emoji483][emoji484]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

Yes, "V", Vojtech in the Diamond Lounge was one of the best we've met. The Concierge Lounge had 3 wonderful concierges: Patricia, Noella, and Mangesh "MJ". Special thanks to Marcos, bartender, Concierge Lounge, he remembered everyone's drink...although he needed help with the overflow in the Viking Crown Lounge during the 16-day Suez Canal sailing.

Thank you to both of you as you answered many of the questions I was having about food, entertainment, DL & CL, etc.

I have a couple questions that you may be able to answer. How were the movies and enrichment talks? We were on two recent Grandeur cruises and the movies were geared to children (even though few children onboard) and enrichment talks were non-existent.

Also, can D+ members go to either the CL or DL or only to the DL? Is the CL open during the day for D+ members too? The reason I ask is both lounges (including overflow area) were very full on our two recent Grandeur cruises in the evening and the service exceedingly slow on our 2nd cruise in the DL (even with the green). Fortunately, D+ members could go to the CL on Grandeur; I can't imagine what it would have been like if D, D+, and Pinnacle members all had to go to the DL. I guess we would be using the 3 drinks on the sea-pass card when we prefer to enjoy the company of the loyalty members instead.

Thanks again.

I thought that all cruises now offered the loyalty discount on the drinks packages ( not very well advertised ) onboard. I'm in in 3 weeks if you haven't got an answer by then [emoji481]🥂[emoji485][emoji483][emoji484]

I am on week before you if we don't get a definite answer from this post I will try post when there and let you know :) Been strange not been offered in cruise planner my 2 cruises last year offered 20 off really early.