Anybody been on Vision OTS lately?

Thank you to both of you as you answered many of the questions I was having about food, entertainment, DL & CL, etc.

I have a couple questions that you may be able to answer. How were the movies and enrichment talks? We were on two recent Grandeur cruises and the movies were geared to children (even though few children onboard) and enrichment talks were non-existent.

Also, can D+ members go to either the CL or DL or only to the DL? Is the CL open during the day for D+ members too? The reason I ask is both lounges (including overflow area) were very full on our two recent Grandeur cruises in the evening and the service exceedingly slow on our 2nd cruise in the DL (even with the green). Fortunately, D+ members could go to the CL on Grandeur; I can't imagine what it would have been like if D, D+, and Pinnacle members all had to go to the DL. I guess we would be using the 3 drinks on the sea-pass card when we prefer to enjoy the company of the loyalty members instead.

Thanks again.

TourDeCruise. You are good. You just asked exactly the question we are wondering about. We are sailing on Vision's 2 week repo in Oct/Nov. Before this future sailing, we will never have been ship smaller than Voyager class. Looking forward to it.

TourDeCruise. You are good. You just asked exactly the question we are wondering about. We are sailing on Vision's 2 week repo in Oct/Nov. Before this future sailing, we will never have been ship smaller than Voyager class. Looking forward to it.

Hello

When we were last on Vision D+ could use either the DL or CL lounge, nice views in both of them but we did prefer the DL as Vojtech was great and always entertaining.

Hello

When we were last on Vision D+ could use either the DL or CL lounge, nice views in both of them but we did prefer the DL as Vojtech was great and always entertaining.

+1 for Vojtech being an outstanding Concierge. Great guy.

Thanks! We are booked on Vision for a B2B (TA + NE/Canada) in Aug./Sept., so a choice would be very helpful depending on how the service is. Plus it would be less crowded in each lounge and the CL is quieter during the day than the DL, at least on Grandeur. Hopefully the CL will continue to be available for the D+ members.

Thank you to both of you as you answered many of the questions I was having about food, entertainment, DL & CL, etc.

I have a couple questions that you may be able to answer. How were the movies and enrichment talks? We were on two recent Grandeur cruises and the movies were geared to children (even though few children onboard) and enrichment talks were non-existent.

Also, can D+ members go to either the CL or DL or only to the DL? Is the CL open during the day for D+ members too? The reason I ask is both lounges (including overflow area) were very full on our two recent Grandeur cruises in the evening and the service exceedingly slow on our 2nd cruise in the DL (even with the green). Fortunately, D+ members could go to the CL on Grandeur; I can't imagine what it would have been like if D, D+, and Pinnacle members all had to go to the DL. I guess we would be using the 3 drinks on the sea-pass card when we prefer to enjoy the company of the loyalty members instead.

Thanks again.

The enrichment classes on the Vision were outstanding. There was a gentleman, Mr. Alan Fisher, who gave detailed presentations on various topics. The two classes we attended were on Dubai and the Suez Canal.

The movies were geared towards both adults and children. Note: We found the movie screen (above the pool deck) to be very clear even during the day.

And yes, D+ can access both the DL (deck 6) and CL (deck 11). The DL was often busy and had to use the "Some Enchanted Evening Lounge" as an overflow during the Suez Canal sailing. The CL was often quiet and less crowded but also had to use the Viking Crown Lounge as an overflow during the canal sailing. Note: The CL is open 24/7 and the specialty coffee always available. You can access the DL lounge but the specialty coffee is not 24/7.

If you decide to use your drink vouchers, look for "Sachi" at the Schooner Bar...he's one of the friendliest and will open up his whole bar for you specially with a few "greens". :D

Happy Sailing! :)

The enrichment classes on the Vision were outstanding. There was a gentleman, Mr. Alan Fisher, who gave detailed presentations on various topics. The two classes we attended were on Dubai and the Suez Canal.

The movies were geared towards both adults and children. Note: We found the movie screen (above the pool deck) to be very clear even during the day.

And yes, D+ can access both the DL (deck 6) and CL (deck 11). The DL was often busy and had to use the "Some Enchanted Evening Lounge" as an overflow during the Suez Canal sailing. The CL was often quiet and less crowded but also had to use the Viking Crown Lounge as an overflow during the canal sailing. Note: The CL is open 24/7 and the specialty coffee always available. You can access the DL lounge but the specialty coffee is not 24/7.

If you decide to use your drink vouchers, look for "Sachi" at the Schooner Bar...he's one of the friendliest and will open up his whole bar for you specially with a few "greens". :D

Happy Sailing! :)

I thought I had already responded. Thanks! I hope that doesn't change and we will still have the choice of the DL or CL lounge. Sounds like the Grandeur: the coffee machine worked in the CL but often not in the DL and that the CL was quieter than the DL. We will look for Sachi if he is still in the Schooner in August. We always bring some green! I also hope we get some good enrichment talks.

How were the appetizers in the DL and CL for happy hour? On Grandeur, we had fried chicken wings, canopies, cheese, small desserts, and veggies & dip each night and then other options that varied from samosas to vegetable tempura; fried broccoli, mushrooms, & cauliflower; spring rolls, meatballs; meat pastries, etc. The appetizer selection was better on our multiple Grandeur cruises versus our happy hour on the Serenade in the DL (were not D+ at the time).

How formal were formal nights,by that I mean do many men wear tuxedos or not.Also long dresses or short cocktail dresses,don't want to be overdressed as I have been on our last cruise where not many guests seemed to bother at all.We are on ship in a couple of weeks after a Golden Triangle Tour in India and don't want to carry excess luggage if I don't need it.

I thought I had already responded. Thanks! I hope that doesn't change and we will still have the choice of the DL or CL lounge. Sounds like the Grandeur: the coffee machine worked in the CL but often not in the DL and that the CL was quieter than the DL. We will look for Sachi if he is still in the Schooner in August. We always bring some green! I also hope we get some good enrichment talks.

How were the appetizers in the DL and CL for happy hour? On Grandeur, we had fried chicken wings, canopies, cheese, small desserts, and veggies & dip each night and then other options that varied from samosas to vegetable tempura; fried broccoli, mushrooms, & cauliflower; spring rolls, meatballs; meat pastries, etc. The appetizer selection was better on our multiple Grandeur cruises versus our happy hour on the Serenade in the DL (were not D+ at the time).

No difference, exactly the same appetizers in both DL and CL. :)

How formal were formal nights,by that I mean do many men wear tuxedos or not.Also long dresses or short cocktail dresses,don't want to be overdressed as I have been on our last cruise where not many guests seemed to bother at all.We are on ship in a couple of weeks after a Golden Triangle Tour in India and don't want to carry excess luggage if I don't need it.

Most, perhaps 80%, adhered to the "formal" night suggestion.

In your case...no worries...no need to bring extra luggages for formal clothes.

The few that decided to wear "smart casual" on formal nights were never turned away from the MDR or any of the specialty restaurants. :)

Would like to know this too just due to rubbish exchange rate at present probably cheaper to buy drinks package but 20% has not been offered on cruise planner at all but wondering if 20% Diamond discount be offered onboard

Doesn't seem to be cheaper on board. We purchased the deluxe picks last week