Harmony of the Seas Balcony Room vs Liberty of the Seas Suite

Hi,

Within our budget is either a Superior Ocean View Room with Balcony on Harmony of the Seas or a Grand Suite with Balcony on Liberty of the Seas. I have a 13 year old son and 10 year old daughter who saw the ads with the Harmony of the Seas and wanted to do that ship. Is it worth the smaller living space for the bigger/newer ship with more to do? I struggle because my daughter and I are very active and busy travelers while my son and hubby prefer to lounge in the room.

Thanks!

Jenny

Take the Liberty GS. Lots more room for 4 people. There is plenty to do on LB for your kids. There are 2 water slides, a climbing wall, flow-rider, sports court, ice skating if you want, and mini golf. There is also a kid's club with lots of activities. The GS would be much, much nicer for "lounging" and offers a much larger balcony. You would also get the suite amenities on LB. Those include access to a private suite lounge, which is beautiful, with great ocean views and a nice outside area. There are free cocktails, wine, beer and sodas from 4:30 to 8 PM with appetizers. The lounge is open 24/7 and has a specialty coffee machine. There is contenental breakfast each morning. You also would be eligible for a sit down breakfast from a varied menu in a specialty restaraunt were you can get fresh squeezed OJ for no charge. Also, I would NEVER put two adults and two older children in an oceanview balcony cabin on any ship. There would be no "lounging" comfortably at all.

Thank you so much 39august. Those all sound like really great reasons to go Liberty but what wins me over is the mention of free wine. ;) I believe they have even added a third water slide to Liberty as well just recently. My daughter wanted to do the body slide and zip lining but I feel like there must be better zip lining on the shore excursions anyway! I will take your advice and it's much appreciated.

Any zip line on shore will be superior to the very brief line on Harmony! I forgot there is a third slide on Liberty! You are correct about that. We just got off a two week Harmony cruise, and other than the fantastic suite accommodations, we prefer the Liberty. I expect you and your children will enjoy the show "In the Air" as well as the ice skating show on Liberty.

I was on the Liberty in November. The suite lounge was not completed during dry dock. There was not a completion date set at that time, as of then suite occupants had access to the concierge lounge which is in the middle of the ship with no windows. Still a nice area though.

At that time there were only two water slides, not three. Maybe someone who has been on Liberty in the last few weeks can clarify thiese two items. All that being said, I loved the Liberty and would book her in a heartbeat. Your kids will have plenty to do.

WE were in Liberty suite last April . Also have it booked next April both GS, we shopped around also, I like all the room and perks on Liberty, great breakfast in Giovanni's ( was in Chops last year) really nice suite lounge with outside area that was never crowded, reserved seats for ice show and other shows. Also like the dvd player in suite, pool area sitting is not the best for nice chairs. Love the perks and the space in GS, also embarkation and disembarkation , also priority for tenders

I was on the Liberty in November. The suite lounge was not completed during dry dock. There was not a completion date set at that time, as of then suite occupants had access to the concierge lounge which is in the middle of the ship with no windows. Still a nice area though.

At that time there were only two water slides, not three. Maybe someone who has been on Liberty in the last few weeks can clarify thiese two items. All that being said, I loved the Liberty and would book her in a heartbeat. Your kids will have plenty to do.

Doesn't the Liberty have the Tidal Wave slide as well as the orange and green ones? Are you sure you were on Liberty? There are plenty of pictures of the Liberties Suite lounge online as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Cel_cruise

We were on LOTS November and suite Lounge was open. The old CL (no windows) was a card room.New lounge had windows and was situated off VCL. It was very crowded though as no card control and people were just walking in.

Hi,

Within our budget is either a Superior Ocean View Room with Balcony on Harmony of the Seas or a Grand Suite with Balcony on Liberty of the Seas. I have a 13 year old son and 10 year old daughter who saw the ads with the Harmony of the Seas and wanted to do that ship. Is it worth the smaller living space for the bigger/newer ship with more to do? I struggle because my daughter and I are very active and busy travelers while my son and hubby prefer to lounge in the room.

Thanks!

Jenny

IMHO if you want amenities I would probably pick Harmony. I get that you could drive to Galveston making it easier, however we didn't feel wonderful after our recent LOTS sailing. It wasn't a bad cruise, but there were lots of little things that didn't make it great or memorable. Did the slides day 2. Novelty wore off after 2 goes.

If you are looking to be doing more things I'd say the HOTS has more to do. We did Allure and didn't do everything we wanted as we ran out of time! Liberty we were struggling to keep occupied. YMMV but just my opinion.

We are predominantly loyal to Royal but LOTS is the first RC ship where I have agreed with most of the negative reviews on here recently.

At the end of the day it is down to individuals preferences, what one likes does mean it please the masses and vice versa. Only you can decide what interests you have. I would recommend reviewing recent reviews of both ships to help.

Edited by Spurschick