A little fun

Tahitianbigkahuna

Motu Mahana... Am I right or am I right? :P

We plan on doing the 11 night July 15th Cooks and Society Island cruise. We originally thought the repeaters cruise was for repeaters only and it also does not have the Bora Bora overnight which seems like a big deal at least to me... why rush what is perhaps the one and only time I'll get to see what many say is the most beautiful island on earth?

Edited by Notion_of_the_Ocean

Motu Mahana... Am I right or am I right? :P

We plan on doing the 11 night July 15th Cooks and Society Island cruise. We originally thought the repeaters cruise was for repeaters only and it also does not have the Bora Bora overnight which seems like a big deal at least to me... why rush what is perhaps the one and only time I'll get to see what many say is the most beautiful island on earth?

Yes you are correct :)

Guess I'm going to need to put up a few tough ones ...

I get it over night in Bora Bora. For most of the repeaters we've done the overnight in Bora Bora several times so 2 days on Motu Mahana will be nice.

The lagoon of Bora Bora is beautiful, probably the most beautiful in all the South Pacific ........ but as far as the actual island ...... wouldn't surprise me if you love Moorea after your cruise.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Curious as to what you're using to take the pictures and if there's any post shot editing. The colors are really popping compared to some of mine.

Most of my pictures I'm using a Canon 70D, a few are done with a Canon 6D. Hopefully this year I'll purchase a new Canon 5DIV before heading back to FP in July.

The Canon 70D is considered a moderate consumer grade camera, my lens of choice on the 70D for panoramics is a cheap 10-18mm I bought used for $150.

Remember often it isn't the equipment, actually most often it isn't the equipment, it's who is using the camera ;)

I typically shoot in RAW so there must be some post processing for the picture would be rather plain. Remember when you shoot in jpeg the camera is doing the post processing for you, shooting in RAW gives me the leeway to decide on the post processing parameters myself. Many times good 'pop' and color is simply having your color balance correct. As I do post processing I'm able to change the white balance, obe done 75% of the correction is done. Usually my composition is done at the time I shoot the picture, maybe a slight angle correction. Come on the July 26th cruise, I'll be doing a few lectures ;)

BTW, one way to get good 'pop' is taking the picture at the right time/angle, sometimes a polarizer helps. I have one for every lens size I carry ;)

OK, something a tad harder ...........

For you that know just state that you know and give others a chance to guess. If no one has given the correct answer by 3 pm pacific go ahead and give the correct answer ... always fun to hear the guesses by people who have never been the French Polynesia on our favorite little ship :)

BTW, my cheap lens again ;)

i-vwzTDGW-XL.jpg

Correct .... The Thalasso Resort Wedding Chapel with Mount Otemanu in the background. What a place for a destination wedding.

OK, something a tad harder ........... Ocean your on time out for a few hours ;)

For you that know just state that you know and give others a chance to guess. If no one has given the correct answer by 3 pm pacific go ahead and give the correct answer ... always fun to hear the guesses by people who have never been the French Polynesia on our favorite little ship. Remember subject AND location

Le%20Maitai%20%286%20of%206%29-XL.jpg

Many get it and once you have it you can never entirely get rid of it ........

You can control the symptoms with regular return trips to French Polynesia ...

No one taking a guess at the last picture?

Have you always taken PG cruises there or have you been for a land trip? I see that you have been many Xs but didn't know if it were land or cruise trips. I would love to try the PG cruises but they are not solo friendly :( and my friends are not keen on traveling.

Have you always taken PG cruises there or have you been for a land trip? I see that you have been many Xs but didn't know if it were land or cruise trips. I would love to try the PG cruises but they are not solo friendly :( and my friends are not keen on traveling.

I thought they waived the single supplement for some cabins. I'm not single but I've seen singles being taken good care of and having a great time.

4X Paul Gauguin

2X Princess R4 ship

13X land

Paul Gauguin Reunion Cruise July, 2017 will be trip #20

Love the Paul Gauguin, a great way for the returner or the first timer to FP. A first timer can see so many different islands on one trip plus the cost of eating in FP can be expensive, all inclusive is a nice way to go ...

Have to agree... cruising is the most cost effective way to see the region and figure out what you want to see again. It's also the most cost effective way in general due to the cost of food and alcohol.

My wife and I got into the pool at the IC Moorea where we stayed prior to our cruise. We got a couple of fruity alcoholic beverages to start enjoying our time in paradise. Let's just say we savored that $40 we spent for a very long time. Thank goodness there's a store nearby or we would have been broke before setting foot on the ship! :eek:

Have to agree... cruising is the most cost effective way to see the region and figure out what you want to see again. It's also the most cost effective way in general due to the cost of food and alcohol.

My wife and I got into the pool at the IC Moorea where we stayed prior to our cruise. We got a couple of fruity alcoholic beverages to start enjoying our time in paradise. Let's just say we savored that $40 we spent for a very long time. Thank goodness there's a store nearby or we would have been broke before setting foot on the ship! :eek:

IC Moorea, a lovely property and as you said, close enough to a store and La Petite Village to get some supplies and a meal.

IC Moorea made their new pool area a few years back, it's beautiful.

I've stayed or toured almost every Resort in FP ... IC Moorea, great for family.

Huahine 4x4

That's my guess anyways.

Polynesian Flu.... who says you even need a first visit to catch it. It's darn contagious for sure.

OK, I'll accept, was hoping for a bit more on the exact location. Was not on a 4X4 ...

The location is the complete east end of Huahine Iti along the road that circles the island. An area that most never see ...

Ok, another picture but it will be a bit tougher ;)

If you know the location just state that you know until after 3pm at which time please feel free to give the location. If you don't know the location and want to take a guess do so at any time.

i-4Rn7X2h-L.jpg

I'm pretty sure I know this one, but won't say. Actually it could be one of two places commonly visited on the PG. Or of course it could be somewhere really obscure that only you would know.

It is an island in French Polynesia that the PG regularly visits ;)

I know there are others who have been here, several on this forum were with us ...