What does this mean

bogofman

I have booked a cruuse on the UK Web site, selecting a guarentee cabin

Today j logged into my Web account and found I've already been assigned the cabin number, which we are happy with

However, there is a message in a dialogue box , as below, my emailed confirmation is normal as I would expect, as I have not selected a special rate, apart from using my C&A number to get the balcony discount.

As this is a UK booking should I not worry about the contents of this message

Prices shown reflect the Exclusive Rate that you have selected. A valid driver's licence or state-issued ID; US or Canadian military ID; or US or Canadian local, state or federal law enforcement, fire department or EMT employment badge or ID must be presented at the pier to validate eligibility for the applicable Exclusive Rate. If eligibility cannot be validated, you will be charged the standard rate or otherwise will be denied boarding.

The site obviously thinks you got a rate reserved for Active Duty/Retired military personnel or firefighters/emergency medical technicians so this automated "message" kicked in.

Would it be possible to clarify this with the company by sending an email (as opposed to spending money calling unless that call is local). The email reply (assuming you get one) will serve as a written conformation (as opposed to some vocal assurance over the phone).

The last thing you need is to get to the pier and into some sort of "discussion" with somebody who is contracted to the company to check people in and "cannot make any decisions." You know that drill.

The site obviously thinks you got a rate reserved for Active Duty/Retired military personnel or firefighters/emergency medical technicians so this automated "message" kicked in.

I've gotten the exact same verbiage for using a FL resident discount. The verbiage disappeared when a website glitch deleted my promotional discounts, and returned when they were restored.

Any other UK bookers received this?

Looks like i need to send an email, i don't like using the phone , UK calls get sent to a call centre where its very difficult to understand the person at the other end and i'm always concerned that they don't understand me, so like control over my booking by doing it myself.

problem is when things like this happen.