American Express offer: $100 off $500+ Cruise Lines

izmeeh

Note they have made a change to the "terms" this go round:

So ... you can ONLY USE IT 1X PER ACCOUNT. :(

That was always the case. If you have more than one AMEX card on a single login, once you add it to one card, it disappears from the list of available offers on the other card(s). The way around that is to create a separate login for each card or clone the browser window and navigate to each card with offer showing before adding it to any of them. Each authorized user can still use it. You need to pay attention to the terminology to understand what they are saying.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

That was always the case. If you have more than one AMEX card on a single login, once you add it to one card, it disappears from the list of available offers on the other card(s). The way around that is to create a separate login for each card or clone the browser window and navigate to each card with offer showing before adding it to any of them. Each authorized user can still use it. You need to pay attention to the terminology to understand what they are saying.

That WAS the case last time. I have 4 cards under 1 account and I used the offer w/ all 4 cards last time. However, on 07/05 I added the offer to ALL 4 cards under each login and they were all there. I used the offer on my card (not the main card) on 07/05. The charge posted on 07/07 (today) and the $100 credit shows on my DH's page (the main account holder) NOT under my log in. When I questioned this, I was advised and sent the "

" that it is 1 offer redeemable per account, NOT per card this go round. The offer no longer shows up under each card holder.

That WAS the case last time. I have 4 cards under 1 account and I used the offer w/ all 4 cards last time. However, on 07/05 I added the offer to ALL 4 cards under each login and they were all there. I used the offer on my card (not the main card) on 07/05. The charge posted on 07/07 (today) and the $100 credit shows on my DH's page (the main account holder) NOT under my log in. When I questioned this, I was advised and sent the "quote" that it is 1 offer redeemable per account, NOT per card this go round. The offer no longer shows up under each card holder.

You're not being clear about the word "account" so I don't fully understand what you're saying.

Are you saying that each authorized user on the same credit card account had the offer added to their personal card, and after using it on one of the cards,the credit showed up under the main cardholder's card and the offer is no longer showing as added on the other cards? Whose login does it show up under the "Savings" section to show that it was redeemed?

The terms do not indicate that this is the way it should be working. I'm not sure where you got the quote you posted earlier.

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Offer valid only for reservations booked between 7/5/17 and 12/31/17 with (1) Carnival Cruise Line at www.carnival.com or via phone 1-800-764-7419; (2) Holland America Line at www.hollandamerica.com or via phone 1-877-932-4259; (3) Princess Cruises at www.princess.com or via phone 1-855-288-8083; (4) Cunard Line at www.cunard.com or via phone 1-800-728-6273; or (5) Seabourn Cruise Line at www.seabourn.com or via phone 1-866-755-5619; or (6) through your Travel Professional between 7/5/17 and 12/31/17. Excludes the following brands: Costa, P&O Cruises, P&O Australia, Aida and Fathom. Excludes onboard purchases, transfers and transportation to the ship, gift and services, full ship charters, Base Camp at Denali Park (Holland America), McKinley Chalet Resort (Holland America), Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services, Special events in Culinary Arts, Digital Workshops, Special Entertainment Venues, Cancellation Protection Plan (Holland America), formalwear rentals and charitable donations. Excludes gift cards. Excludes the following if not booked at time of reservation: airfare booked through cruise line, excursions, prepaid food/beverage programs, prepaid gratuities, prepaid wi-fi packages, spa packages, photo & video packages, onboard celebrations, luggage valet services, Travel Insurance, Vacation Protection, motorcoach program, charters, meetings and incentive bookings. An “eligible Card” means a valid American Express® US Consumer or Small Business credit or charge Card that is issued by a US banking subsidiary of American Express. Prepaid Cards and products, Corporate Cards and American Express-branded Cards issued by other financial institutions are not eligible. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction may not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CGUQ:0001

That WAS the case last time. I have 4 cards under 1 account and I used the offer w/ all 4 cards last time. However, on 07/05 I added the offer to ALL 4 cards under each login and they were all there. I used the offer on my card (not the main card) on 07/05. The charge posted on 07/07 (today) and the $100 credit shows on my DH's page (the main account holder) NOT under my log in. When I questioned this, I was advised and sent the "
" that it is 1 offer redeemable per account, NOT per card this go round. The offer no longer shows up under each card holder.

I had the same experience yesterday. Two cards. One account. Put charges on each but only one credit will be coming. Still appreciate the heads up. $100 is $100.

You're not being clear about the word "account" so I don't fully understand what you're saying.

It's bogus misinformation that has been posted. See my picture posted above. The offer is redeemable on all your cards (not one per account) so long as you add the offer to each card.

I just realized this is a different thread. Here is a picture that shows the deal is in fact available to multiple authorized user cards when you add the offer to each respective card:

amex.JPG.018f920d61cdd159da37b3ce915bdb9b.JPG

To the poster who keeps pushing the misinformation: I'm sure that came from an Amex rep who does not fully understand how their offers work. Please stop posting it. It is not true.

This is wrong. please stop posting it. See the pic I posted from my experience.

I can confirm that we just received the second $100 credit, associated with the second card on the same account.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I had the same experience yesterday. Two cards. One account. Put charges on each but only one credit will be coming. Still appreciate the heads up. $100 is $100.

So you're saying that you had logged into the authorized user's account and loaded the offer onto their card as well as the primary card holder's account, and you got the credit for one card but not the other?

So you're saying that you had logged into the authorized user's account and loaded the offer onto their card as well as the primary card holder's account, and you got the credit for one card but not the other?

My understanding may have been premature based on only a single email from Amex rather than two. The credit(s) has not been posted yet. When the credit(s) gets posted I will update. Hope you are correct. And yes the offer was loaded onto each card individually. I will be happy to have been mistaken.

I cannot imagine that anyone who would be in a position to know about whether there will be a subsequent offer would be willing to share that info. It pays to keep watching the offers list.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Anyone have any update for those that didn't get this in their set of offers? (i.e. will this offer be available later, or can you get them to manually add this offer by calling AMEX, etc...?)

What kind of card do you have? Historically, AMEX cards co-branded with travel companies have not gotten other companies' offers (like SPG or Delta). The last time they offered this, there was a link to add the offer to your card at http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/amex.html which seemed to work on these cards. I don't see a link this time.

What kind of card are you not seeing it on? It should be on all Blue style cards.

What kind of card do you have? Historically, AMEX cards co-branded with travel companies have not gotten other companies' offers (like SPG or Delta). The last time they offered this, there was a link to add the offer to your card at http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/amex.html which seemed to work on these cards. I don't see a link this time.

What kind of card are you not seeing it on? It should be on all Blue style cards.

Delta AMEX.... I was able to use the offer last time with the link that was found in this forum. For this go around, I have seen people say that they have talked to someone at AMEX who advised that the offer will be on their card later, or that they can go ahead and make a purchase, and get the $100 credited manually. At this point however, I have not seen any confirmation of the last 2 scenarios taking place.

Delta AMEX.... I was able to use the offer last time with the link that was found in this forum. For this go around, I have seen people say that they have talked to someone at AMEX who advised that the offer will be on their card later, or that they can go ahead and make a purchase, and get the $100 credited manually. At this point however, I have not seen any confirmation of the last 2 scenarios taking place.

I would love to know this as well. Thinking of applying for the Delta AMEX card and would love to know if I can still take advantage of this offer.

You are correct with respect to this most recent iteration of the Amex WLCL offer. I almost believe it was an Amex screw up the last time when they let out that web site URL to make the offer available to cards that did not get the offer initially. Or maybe they just changed their policy this time around and are not allowing it to be added manually.

I almost believe it was an Amex screw up the last time when they let out that web site URL to make the offer available to cards that did not get the offer initially. Or maybe they just changed their policy this time around and are not allowing it to be added manually.

I disagree that it was a mistake the last time. They clearly wanted as many people to redeem it as possible. It had a seemingly unlimited number of activations, which is unlike any other AMEX Offer I've seen, especially for something so lucrative. The other cruise line offers tend to disappear from the available to add list after a few days.

AMEX no longer allows offers to be added by CS reps if it's not available to add online.

I disagree that it was a mistake the last time. They clearly wanted as many people to redeem it as possible. It had a seemingly unlimited number of activations, which is unlike any other AMEX Offer I've seen, especially for something so lucrative. The other cruise line offers tend to disappear from the available to add list after a few days.

AMEX no longer allows offers to be added by CS reps if it's not available to add online.

As I also mentioned, they may have just changed their policy for this iteration of the offer. :)

Those of you with Delta AMX cards. Be persistent. I did the chat with customer service last week who then sent me to travel area and then cruise area. Last year they were able to add the offer to my card. A great CS rep there said call the 800 CS number on back of your card and ask for a supervisor since I got the run around. The CS rep kept going back reading the offer and too said I should be able to add it but she realized it took you right to cruise sites. She read the rules and appeared to conclude this should not have restrictions. I made a $500 payment on my booked cruise and she gave me her direct line and manually gave me a $100 credit I saw this morning. So give it a try. Of course I was professional and polite and said I really don't want to use my visa to book this. Ha ha. Good luck.

So now I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to get a third shot at this. I'm going to try to dig through the prior posts and see if I can figure out when it was offered last and when it was offered this time and see if I could protect from that when it'll be offered one more time.

First time: 10/14/16 and 4/14/17

Second time: 7/5/2017 and 12/31/2017

Maybe again next February?