Internet packages

cortneyward

We will be on the Triumph in just Over 2 weeks. My stepson won't be going but my DH is accustomed to talking to him every night (Step son lives with his mom). We plan to get the social media package and know we can send fb messages that way (she doesn't have iPhone so no iMessages). This would be acceptable, but I'm wanting to know if there is anything else we can do to communicate with him? Can we do fb video? FaceTime? Any other app, I've never used so I'm in the dark. Any help is appreciated!

I wouldn't count on anything with video. I got the premium internet package on the past three cruises (last one being Triumph in September) and I've never been able to get any video to work. I use email and iMessage to communicate with people back home and they work great. I haven't used facebook messenger but a lot of people do.

I wouldn't count on anything with video. I got the premium internet package on the past three cruises (last one being Triumph in September) and I've never been able to get any video to work. I use email and iMessage to communicate with people back home and they work great. I haven't used facebook messenger but a lot of people do.

Thank you! I was really hoping to hear from someone who had tried it on the Triumph. I guess we'll stick with messaging then

Was on paradise 3 weeks ago and got the 35 for the week package and it was perfect you can basically do everything but video with it.. I even made WiFi calls to hubby with it .. all social media was a breeze and work great!!! Anything cheaper then the 35 for the 4 days sucked my sister has the cheaper plan and fb book worked get but everything else sucked

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on the Triumph in just Over 2 weeks. My stepson won't be going but my DH is accustomed to talking to him every night (Step son lives with his mom). We plan to get the social media package and know we can send fb messages that way (she doesn't have iPhone so no iMessages). This would be acceptable, but I'm wanting to know if there is anything else we can do to communicate with him? Can we do fb video? FaceTime? Any other app, I've never used so I'm in the dark. Any help is appreciated!

social media plan and wifi calling activated on your phone in settings

Hi there

I haven't used it, but I believe it was $1.99/min. to use the ships telephone system to call home. If you limit the time spent, it wouldn't be an unreasonable cost.

I don't know why people have had a hard time with internet at ports but I have had very good results using Skype. Even if the picture and voice starts deteriorating you can continue communicating by typing. I have found free or "cheap" internet almost everywhere in the Caribbean and west coast Mexico. It certainly works better than the ships' internet.

hope this helps

have a great cruise