The Chef's Table Menu Rotation

kjbacon

Our cruise is finally within a few days after months of waiting and we can hardly wait! I've been searching for and enjoying reading menus and food reviews but have a question. One thread said the Chef's Table Menu changes every 9 days and another said every couple days. Any recent cruisers have current info? We are booked there for 3 dinners and I doubt we will want the exact same meal 3 times.

Our cruise is finally within a few days after months of waiting and we can hardly wait! I've been searching for and enjoying reading menus and food reviews but have a question. One thread said the Chef's Table Menu changes every 9 days and another said every couple days. Any recent cruisers have current info? We are booked there for 3 dinners and I doubt we will want the exact same meal 3 times.

September, it was every 3 days.

Also, there are no choices; everyone is served the same thing for each course.

On our first night in the Chef's Table the woman next to us had the first 2 courses and then, for whatever the reason she was served a steak instead of the 3rd course. I didn't notice the last 2 courses as our food had arrived. Though they don't promote it, I've seen it done. There are other choices: skip that pairing and continue through the meal. At the end of the dinner you could go upstairs to World Cafe and fill in the blanks of your appetite! I certainly don't claim to be a gourmet but I found Chefs Table to be quiet a change for me. Made every rotation. After the first two, we prebooked the other three so we wouldn't miss the chance to broaden our horizons. But nothing else broadened. Left the ship the same weight as I boarded. Those destinations kept me moving.

Fabulous, this sounds great! We will try as many as possible, have 3 reserved now. Thank you all and happy holidays.

We will be boarding the Viking Star a few weeks after you return. If it isn't too much trouble, would you please post when they change the menus for the Chef's Table and what the theme of the meals are? Your impressions of the dining experience there would be appreciated, too.

Thanks.

Have a great trip!

Merry Christmas!

Linda

We will be boarding the Viking Star a few weeks after you return. If it isn't too much trouble, would you please post when they change the menus for the Chef's Table and what the theme of the meals are? Your impressions of the dining experience there would be appreciated, too.

Thanks.

Have a great trip!

Merry Christmas!

Linda

Just note that the exact offering changes from cruise to cruise; you don't know what is being served until you are actually on board. The only thing that you do know is that each menu is served for three days and then changed.

Thanks.

Have a great trip!

Merry Christmas!

Linda

It will be my pleasure!

I'm in a suburb of Philly, where in PA are you?

Karen