Just spent 10 wonder days on the Coral, who's got questions!?

CineGraphic

Did you do any Princess excursions? If so, could you mention which ones if any stood out as particularly good or bad? Thanks!

We book on own excursions.

The 6 in 1 tour SYL Travel in Limon, Costa Rica provided us with was the best excursion I've ever taken.

We were treated more like family friends instead of cattle.

I posted a review on the Costa Rica board twice, and someone keeps removing it.

If I somehow broke a rule, I wish the moderator would tell me so I can post the review again.

If I somehow broke a rule, I wish the moderator would tell me so I can post the review again.

CG, I don't know if this is the case or not... you are only supposed to recommend a tour in response to a request and not start a new thread over in the ports of call area. I suppose this perhaps may include your review since it possibly could be construed as a "recommendation". For the record, I am not a moderator, don't even know a moderator and didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn run by a moderator:D!

Edited by BillB48

We were in A324, Port.

Docking varied by port.

FLL: Starboard

Aruba: Port

Cartegena: Starboard

Colon: Port

Limon: Starboard

Grand Cayman: Tender

thanx for all the Coral info, my balcony GTY became a caribe midship - starboard, i've always booked on the port side. Don't really care which side, just happy to get an extended balcony

i watched Coral go out the channel at about 4.45 this afternoon, looking forward to being onboard next month, Mike in CT

I did hear however, that one passenger complained that after spending an hour away from his cabin for breakfast, he expected his room to be fully serviced by the time he came back.

That person must have heard the story a CD used to tell where his steward was so efficient, he got up one night to go to the bathroom and when he returned, his bed was made.

We sail late January, any idea how many days and what time yoga classes are?

if you can find it there was a posting with the daily "patters" from an october sailing, you can download them and read thru the schedule of events each day.

Have you joined the roll call for your cruise ? click up above on "Find your princess roll call" and chat with your fellow passengers.

My family and i are planning a holiday cruise for 2017 and I keep hering about a special menu in Sabatini's for Christmas. Is this true? Heard that there's also a price hike from $29.99/pp to $50/pp. Just wanted some clarification. And if anyone took a picture of the menu i'd love to see it! :)

We were on the same cruise and also enjoyed it very much. Here are a couple of answers to previous questions: yea there were kids in the indoor pool and they are allowed to be there. The yoga classes were around 8 or 9 in the morning and they had Pilates on the alternate days. They were offered on sea days. They also had Zumba twice a day on sea days as well as line dancing a couple of times. All were great exercise. We noticed a fe complainers as well....but I didn't let them ruin our fabulous trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our 10 day Panama Canal cruise on the Coral 12/8-18, despite a few hiccups.

A review is forthcoming, but in the meantime, if anyone has any questions, fire away!

Did they have Zumba?

How many days?

Where was the venue?

How did you like it?

So was the dress code enforced at night time in the MDR? How about on Formal Nights?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Did they have Zumba?

How many days?

Where was the venue?

How did you like it?

So was the dress code enforced at night time in the MDR? How about on Formal Nights?

Yes, they had Zumba, sometimes led by the cruise director, Corey, but I am old and fat and don't partake in such things.

I believe it was held on sea days.

As for the dress code, I saw a few folks turned away from the MDR in shorts and t-shirts.

We dined in the Bayou the 1st formal night, and in the buffet the 2nd formal night, so I can't say what happened in the MDR those nights.

Yes, they had Zumba, sometimes led by the cruise director, Corey, but I am old and fat and don't partake in such things.

I believe it was held on sea days.

As for the dress code, I saw a few folks turned away from the MDR in shorts and t-shirts.

We dined in the Bayou the 1st formal night, and in the buffet the 2nd formal night, so I can't say what happened in the MDR those nights.

Thank you!

A few more questions, as it will be our first Panama Canal cruise. We are doing Ocean to Ocean. Fort Lauderdale to San Frsncisco, October 2017.

Not sure if I want to pack a suit and tie for our Panama Canal cruise. Would like to try get in with just wearing a sweater, dress shirt, khaki pants, socks, and shoes for dining on Formal Night in MDR. Do you think they'll let me in? If not, does HC have the same Formal Night menu as the MDR?

Also, can you comment on the ports of call? Princess Shore excursion recommendations? The good ones, and ones to maybe avoid?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

There were two formal nights. We avoided them by dining at the Bayou for one of them and the buffet for the other. I used to have to wear suits daily, this is my vacation, so no suits for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't mind dressing up in a suit and tie on Formal Night....but:

Is Bayou a "for fee" specialty restaurant? Cuisine?

Does Coral have the Crab Shack?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

We book on own excursions.

The 6 in 1 tour SYL Travel in Limon, Costa Rica provided us with was the best excursion I've ever taken.

We were treated more like family friends instead of cattle.

I posted a review on the Costa Rica board twice, and someone keeps removing it.

If you break a rule, you usually get a "nasty note". :cool:

Thanks for answering questions!

Just wondering if the dining room attire is still jacket and tie for men or did you see a lot of just shirts and ties? I want to be sure if I make DH bring a jacket, that is still the 'standard'. :cool:

Thanks.

Jackets not really necessary.

A nice shirt (with or without a tie) or turtleneck (DH wears one with/without a jacket - hates ties). On our last 3 cruises he didn't even bring a jacket.

Would like to try get in with just wearing a sweater, dress shirt, khaki pants, socks, and shoes for dining on Formal Night in MDR. Do you think they'll let me in? very likely, see post #46 If not, does HC have the same Formal Night menu as the MDR? usually some food in HC is the same as the MDR menu, but no guarantee

See above

Jackets not really necessary.

A nice shirt (with or without a tie) or turtleneck (DH wears one with/without a jacket - hates ties). On our last 3 cruises he didn't even bring a jacket.

So your hubby got into the MDR on Formal Nights without wearing a dress shirt, tie, and jacket? That's great to know. :)

On our Panama Canal cruise I'm not packing my monkey suit if the dress code has been relaxed for Formal Night dining in the MDR. DW and I enjoy a nice sit down dinner, MDR ambiance , and service. I don't, or want, to have dinner in the HC, even if casual wear is the norm. That's just me. :D

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I don't mind dressing up in a suit and tie on Formal Night....but:

Is Bayou a "for fee" specialty restaurant? Cuisine?

Does Coral have the Crab Shack?

Yes, Bayou is $29 per person, and we had our best meal of the entire cruise there.

It's New Orleans themed/Cajun, a smaple menu is here"

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/Onboard_Experience/Bayou-Cafe-Menu-Sample.pdf

The Crab Shack was offered on MANY nights. We are originally from Maryland, and prefer Blue Crabs over the Alaskan variety, so we've never bothered.

Several people raved about it and went back multiple nights.