Reflection vs Silhouette ...need imput

De Colores

We sailed the Reflection 11/14 and said we would not sail it again. Had been on Solstice and the Equinox 3 times. They were night and day. I had the Silhouette booked but didn't want eastern so I hesitantly changed to Refection ( I can only sail on certain weeks). Reading reviews today it seems the Reflection has not improved in 2 years. I don't know how one ship can be so different regarding service within the same line. I am considering going back to the Silhouette despite the itinerary. The ship and service are more important to me.

I would appreciate any feedback...or possibly positive experiences on the Reflection.

Thank you..

We sailed the Reflection 11/14 and said we would not sail it again. Had been on Solstice and the Equinox 3 times. They were night and day. I had the Silhouette booked but didn't want eastern so I hesitantly changed to Refection ( I can only sail on certain weeks). Reading reviews today it seems the Reflection has not improved in 2 years. I don't know how one ship can be so different regarding service within the same line. I am considering going back to the Silhouette despite the itinerary. The ship and service are more important to me.

I would appreciate any feedback...or possibly positive experiences on the Reflection.

Thank you..

I have been on the Silhouette but not the Reflection so I cannot compare them from experience. I thought the Silhouette was a great ship. Both ships have the same number of crew members and the same number and size of elevators. However, the Reflection has 80 more cabins than the Silhouette and 45 of those additional cabins are suites. The Reflection has a space ratio of 34 while the Silhouette has a space ratio of 35, a small but still noticeable difference. Therefore, it would seem inevitable that the Silhouette should have better service than the Reflection and the Reflection should feel more crowded, especially when waiting for an elevator.

Edited by actuarian

Thank you for your imput. We were not disappointed in the ship, it was the service and staff. Not at all what we were accustomed to on the other ships. I'm still not sure what I will do. Hopefully I hear some more postive comments.

Happy Holidays!

We have been on the Silhouette three times, have it booked for a fourth next December and are considering a 3 day in January. Our recent trip on the Silhouette was last week. After cruising the caribbean many times, we feel this one was by far the best which was because of the Silhouette and her crew. Celebrity has made many changes over the years, some good, some not so good, but it seems that all ships run independently and are a reflection of their staff. While we have never sailed on the Reflection, I can say the Silhouette is our favorite S class ship.

We are on the last day of a Western Caribbean cruise on the Reflection.

Have sailed three times on Silhouette, many on Equinox.

We saw no difference in service, but there are differences that can result in service issues.there are 1200 staff members on ship.

The Sky Lounge is cut off, due to the suites on that deck. During events, canapés & food need to come from the kitchen, rather than the Sky Lounge kitchen..

The Lounge, itself, is dark, again due to the lack of windows..

These are nit picking , I know, but, given a choice, I would go Silhouette.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have been on the Reflection once in Europe, and the Silhouette 5 times, both in the Caribbean and in Europe. I was most recently on the Silhouette in October in the Med., and I will be boarding her again next week in the Caribbean. I have also been on the Eclipse. The reason I've been on the Silhouette so many times, is just that it seems to be going where I want to go.

None the less, I did not find any differences in service between the Reflection and the Silhouette. Staff rotates between vacation and ships on a regular basis, so staff and service that you might encounter on one sailing, may not be the same on another. I already know that most of the officers have changed on the Silhouette from my recent sailing in October to now, including the Captain and Cruise Director.

Yes, the Reflection has slightly more cabins but is a tad larger as well, and the Sky Lounge as someone mentioned is smaller, but that is not a deal breaker for me.

I don't think you will go wrong with either. I'd go with the itinerary you want and what fits your schedule the best.

With staff turnover, general changes, etc I don't think you can safely compare a future cruise to your experience two years ago just because it's aboard the same ship. A lot can change.

There are dismal reviews of every ship out there. I wouldn't stress about it and enjoy your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you..

Did you sail in either AQ or Suite?

Yes, the Reflection has slightly more cabins but is a tad larger as well.

I think that the issue is the number of crew members, not the size of the ship. The Reflection has 5.5% more cabins than the other S-class ships but it has the same number of crew members (based on the statistics I have seen on other web sites). That would mean more work per crew member. Perhaps more important, 6.6% the cabins on the Reflection are suites (Sky Suites or larger). On the other S-class ships only 4.6% of the cabins are suites. It takes more work for a crew member to service a suite than an ordinary cabin, whether in the cabin, in Luminae or in Michael's Club. This all has to be done by the same number of crew members.

Sailed both numerous times. No difference in MHO. Fun times either way. FYI, Celebrity has eliminated the Asst. Cabin Steward. We didn't notice any appreciable difference. But it was the first cruise after this change. Going on the Silly in January, we'll see.

Thank you..

I was on Reflection for the second time a couple of weeks ago. Service was great. I have also been on Silhouette three times and Equinox. Service great on those too. I didn't notice much difference. I think Reflection had a slight edge. My booking preference would likely be Silhouette if it were a Caribbean cruise only because I prefer Fort Lauderdale over Miami.

I think that the issue is the number of crew members, not the size of the ship. The Reflection has 5.5% more cabins than the other S-class ships but it has the same number of crew members (based on the statistics I have seen on other web sites). That would mean more work per crew member. Perhaps more important, 6.6% the cabins on the Reflection are suites (Sky Suites or larger). On the other S-class ships only 4.6% of the cabins are suites. It takes more work for a crew member to service a suite than an ordinary cabin, whether in the cabin, in Luminae or in Michael's Club. This all has to be done by the same number of crew members.

I do feel the above is the reason so many like Silhouette over Reflection. We were in sky suites on both Reflection March 2016 Eastern Caribbean and Silhouette Sept 2016 Europe. Both were great cruises. Of the 5 S Class ship. I like the 1st 3 for the glassblowing. The last 2 for more food options. I love The Porch. I'm planning to book Reflection Eastern Med for Aug 2019 next month. I already book a b2b on Silhouette for Caribbean March 2019.

Thank you all so much for your imput. I am feeling better. I really don't want eastern, just did it in October. My favorite of the S-class is definitely Equinox. We sailed it 3 times and each was awesome. I do love the glass blowing as well but really enjoy the lawn club too and the changes. I wish I could do the Equinox again but the dates don't ever seem to work for my work schedule. Can't wait for retirement!!

Again thank you or taking the time to write.. a very Happy Holidays to everyone.