As of today......RCI drink price increase!!!!!!!

TC38

Exactly. I paid $9 for a glass of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc in 2015. It's now $17. That's crazy.

You need more data points. The avg ww selling price for that bottle went from as low as $11 in 2015 to as high as $16, so it's not surprising you see venue jumps in that range on that wine...

I was just comparing drink prices from my Nov 2015 to some of the recent menus posted and it for sure bumped, but not that much imo. Definitely harder to find decent value in wine-by-glass, but it's not as crazy as isolated brands suggest...

You need more data points. The avg ww selling price for that bottle went from as low as $11 in 2015 to as high as $16, so it's not surprising you see venue jumps in that range on that wine...

I was just comparing drink prices from my Nov 2015 to some of the recent menus posted and it for sure bumped, but not that much imo. Definitely harder to find decent value in wine-by-glass, but it's not as crazy as isolated brands suggest...

I was just using that as one example.

Here is a price list from early 2015. There were some frozen drinks as cheap as $6 or $7. Many frozen drinks have gone up 60-70%. I'm sorry but that's a lot in less than 2 years. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176366

So certain drinks that were around $8 in January 2015 have gone up to $15 in 2 years... Practically doubling in price, you don't find that surprising, or at the very least frustrating? I think cruisers that think like you are exactly the type RCI are looking for. They are much more profitable.:rolleyes:

dp

No...that is not surprising. Plenty of things have gone up in price far more than that in the same timeframe.

As others have pointed out, since this is a supply/demand issue like almost any other thing driving prices...perhaps if people reduced consumption (reduced demand), prices would be reassessed and lowered.

As long as some folks continue to feel the need/urgency to consumer beverages in quantity and/or packages...don't expected price increases to stop.

CruiseLifeRick in our cruise thread said that he confirmed with a buddy that works onboard that drink prices have increased, but that so far nobody has been charged incremental costs for drinks.

This is a shame if true. A whole lot of complaining will have been wasted.

We are the original posters and all drinks that were over the €13 limit we're definitely charged extra. I did go and complain at guest services but they basically said tough... that is the prices of the drinks. I did get the upcharge removed when we purchased the gin fizz at the pub.

On a separate note... paid off our balance in full with cash before we left. Didn't even get a bill so thought all was fine. Just checked credit card and been charged £9.99 by royal. God knows what for and because we are brits it even costs us to phone them up [emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are the original posters and all drinks that were over the €13 limit we're definitely charged extra. I did go and complain at guest services but they basically said tough... that is the prices of the drinks. I did get the upcharge removed when we purchased the gin fizz at the pub.

On a separate note... paid off our balance in full with cash before we left. Didn't even get a bill so thought all was fine. Just checked credit card and been charged £9.99 by royal. God knows what for and because we are brits it even costs us to phone them up [emoji36]

Ah! Miystery solved. $ 13 Euros, vs $13.00 US .

:cool::confused::rolleyes:

On a separate note... paid off our balance in full with cash before we left. Didn't even get a bill so thought all was fine. Just checked credit card and been charged £9.99 by royal. God knows what for and because we are brits it even costs us to phone them up

Welcome to the Club! Its Royal's new scam.

More details here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2434965&page=2

REVOLT....stop drinking !!!

Nah, we'll continue as before and they know it....(personally I'm not a drinker, one beer, but my DW....that's anther story....)

I'm a big drinker on cruises and always get the package, BUT I'll be darned if I will pay anything extra for my drinks after paying that high of a price for the package. I guess I will not drink on my Harmony cruise and only use our diamond vouchers in the evening (assuming they don't take that perk away).

the cocktails have changed recently on NCL - I have HEARD from many different recent NCL cruisers that almost all drinks on NCL are not made to order now, but come premade out of jugs that are visible to the PAX. :eek: NO THANK YOU!

I cruise multiple lines. I'm currently on the NCL Pearl. I'm not seeing many pre made drinks (maybe some rum punch by the pool)

All the bars I'm going to I watch the bartenders pour and mix every drink from the bottles. Been drinking martinis, mojitos and just all other types of mixed drinks.

I think most cruise lines have some "stock" type drinks of the day, and may do the premade around the pools or for parties. But if you want a nice drink, a good bartender is willing and able to make it!

Sorry... I should have said $13 (dollars) and not €13 (euros),

And thanks for the heads up on the mini bar / water charge. Will be calling RCI to get it sorted once I find a number that we will not also be charged for!!!!!

I have Deluxe pkg for March cruise. Is limit covered $12 or $13?

The limit does not seem to be a hard number. If you really want to be sure, wait until you board the ship before you purchase the drink package. That way you can find out the limit on your particular sailing.

The limit does not seem to be a hard number. If you really want to be sure, wait until you board the ship before you purchase the drink package. That way you can find out the limit on your particular sailing.

Don't you pay more when you're on board versus purchasing ahead of time?

Just a thought, the retail price of liquor does not seem to have gone up much in the past year or two, where do the the cruise companies get their liquor, and at what prices? Certainly better pricing than a local distributor....

Just keep nickle and dimeing, they from the number of postings here it seems they are just "pissing people off"

Just a thought, the retail price of liquor does not seem to have gone up much in the past year or two, where do the the cruise companies get their liquor, and at what prices? Certainly better pricing than a local distributor....

Just keep nickle and dimeing, they from the number of postings here it seems they are just "pissing people off"

Like any business, they are testing how much the market will bear. When you are on their ships, they hold an obvious monopoly over liquor, as you cannot just go to the bar or store down the street. As long as people keep buying, prices will keep increasing.

Don't you pay more when you're on board versus purchasing ahead of time?

If your Cruise Planner shows a discount, then you would be paying more onboard. It's up to you to determine if knowing the package drink value limit is more important than the 20% package discount.

Edited by clarea

If your Cruise Planner shows a discount, then you would be paying more onboard. ...

Just noticed something today, between browsers the 20% off banner might not show up.

On Chrome

24fa4551f940e194d563bcd5df63192c.jpg

On Firefox

2cc93528f47df840ade61d9ed3ea575f.jpg

Sent from a mobile device

I have Deluxe pkg for March cruise. Is limit covered $12 or $13?

Per a response I received this morning, it appears to be $12. I asked for clarification, given the reported increase in prices, but they've chosen not to address the issue, other than to say that coverage hasn't changed:

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We are happy to see that you were able to reserve our Deluxe Package and VOOM One Device package. The coverage for the Deluxe Package has not changed. The Deluxe Package includes:

Premium coffee

Premium tea

Bottled water

Sparkling (375ml)

Still (500ml)

Fresh squeezed juices

Fresh squeezed fruit smoothies

Call and premium cocktails (up to $12 value)

Spirits and liqueurs (up to $12 value)

Individual shots of liquor (up to $12 value)

Frozen cocktails

Beers

Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value)

Bottles of wine are not included; however, when purchased in the bars or dining rooms, they will be available at a 40% discount on wines under $100. Wines above $100 will receive a 20% discount

Non-alcoholic cocktails (includes frozen varieties)

All sodas, as well as Freestyle where available

A souvenir Coca-Cola cup

Additionally, this package is honored at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Cafe, main dining room, specialty restaurants and our private destinations of Labadee, Haiti, and CocoCay, Bahamas during normal business hours; room service and minibar are not included. Multiple beverages may not be ordered at the same time; however, there is no daily limit on the number of beverages that guests may consume. Please kindly note that packages may not be shared or transferred to another guest.

Mr. XXXXX, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Allure of the Seas in March.

Sincerely,

XXXXX

Royal Caribbean Customer Support

Per a response I received this morning, it appears to be $12. I asked for clarification, given the reported increase in prices, but they've chosen not to address the issue, other than to say that coverage hasn't changed:

I'm personally "shocked" that they ignored your actual question....

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We are happy to see that you were able to reserve our Deluxe Package and VOOM One Device package. The coverage for the Deluxe Package has not changed. The Deluxe Package includes:

Premium coffee

Premium tea

Bottled water

Sparkling (375ml)

Still (500ml)

Fresh squeezed juices

Fresh squeezed fruit smoothies

Call and premium cocktails (up to $12 value)

Spirits and liqueurs (up to $12 value)

Individual shots of liquor (up to $12 value)

Frozen cocktails

Beers

Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value)

Bottles of wine are not included; however, when purchased in the bars or dining rooms, they will be available at a 40% discount on wines under $100. Wines above $100 will receive a 20% discount

Non-alcoholic cocktails (includes frozen varieties)

All sodas, as well as Freestyle where available

A souvenir Coca-Cola cup

Additionally, this package is honored at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Cafe, main dining room, specialty restaurants and our private destinations of Labadee, Haiti, and CocoCay, Bahamas during normal business hours; room service and minibar are not included. Multiple beverages may not be ordered at the same time; however, there is no daily limit on the number of beverages that guests may consume. Please kindly note that packages may not be shared or transferred to another guest.

Mr. XXXXX, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Allure of the Seas in March.

Sincerely,

XXXXX

Royal Caribbean Customer Support

I wonder if you could get around the upcharge drinks by just ordered a shot of the super premium brands and putting it in a mocktail haha