As of today......RCI drink price increase!!!!!!!

TC38

what are they considering premium? Is greygoose included in drinks with package or not typically? Imho, will be pretty disappointed if I cant get greygoose or Belvedere in cocktails - obviously I will live, haha, but on oasis in Sept it was included in my package

I know on Oasis at the Champagne Bar they had a few drinks over the $13 limit. Find out on the 15th if any prices changed.

Oasis, Champagne Bar, Dec 11th and 18th sailings.

20161212104715-8de1f802-me.jpg

Sent from a mobile device

Currently on the Allure and my sister who has the drink package hasn't been charged for any drinks. She's has had piña coladas, different red wines at dinner, some things with gin and tequila shots as well as beer. The package included drinks up to $13.

I did notice at one of the bars there were drinks listed at $15 but they were made using the premium liquor.

This is what happened to us on Celebrity (or was it HAL?) a couple of years ago. Prices went up but they honoured the beverage packages based on the category, not the price. So if a "Premium" drink went for $12 originally but went to $13, you were still entitled to your "Premium" drink. Of course, the BP prices went up at the same time, and whichever line it made everything crystal clear. RCI seems to prefer treating passengers as mushrooms.

These are from HaleeWithaFlair who is on adventure of the seas now

1z4d3x3.jpg

2s8pzsj.png

I asked her to ask the bartenders what liquors are not included n the package as well

Just about every liquor is included. Sure with the exception of a few scotch/cognac (Off the top of my head on Oasis: Chivas 21, Johnny Walker Blue, and Remy King Louis XIII)

The catcher comes in to play is when a cocktail is made with the amount and diffrent types of liquor and liqueurs.

Sure a single shot of Goose or Belvidere neat or with a single mixer is included. Just when more stuff comes in to the picture the cost goes up.

The catcher comes in to play is when a cocktail is made with the amount and diffrent types of liquor and liqueurs.

Expanding on this thought I recalled this picture from a galley tour.

824439d1fa8e201624f65034daf86492.jpg

I suppose it'd be possible to register a protest for the higher drink prices by purchasing a drink package in advance, and then canceling it once on board, giving the stated reason of the drink prices. This would only work if you had no intention of getting the package in the first place, of course. And you'd be spending at least a few minutes of your vacation at Guest Services unnecessarily. Just a thought...

On Celebrity a couple of years ago, we had booked for four of us and their Classic Package was included. I printed off from their website the list of inclusions at that point. When we boarded some months later, the list given out by Guest Relations was much smaller. Apparently this had changed on the previous cruise to ours. I complained that we were not getting what we had been told by their website would be included when booking. Initially this was dismissed as a head office decision by the F&B manager. I made my comments known via their feedback card and started a thread on the Celebrity boards about the it backs to the Classic Package. That thread attracted a lot of interest with guests posting their discontent on Facebook as well. The result after 3 days was Celebrity reversed their cutbacks and they have stayed the same since then. The result of my feedback card onboard was that they gave the 4 of us their top premium package to ensure the items we thought were going to be included actually were.

Roll over on these changes folks and they know they can get away with this in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

This might be a stretch, or just me being optimistic, but it appears that some of the new higher-priced cocktails ($12 and $14) appear to have better quality ingredients being added to them? In reading the recently uploaded bar menus, I'm noticing a lot more agave syrup, fresh squeezed lime/lemon (versus bottled), and lot less sour mix? Just thinking aloud here, maybe the price increase has more to do with there being more complicated drinks and/or with better mixers being used? Especially since it looks like the liquors themselves didn't really increase. Just a thought... I am in no way condoning the price increase but merely playing devil's advocate.

Of course, this says nothing about Kim Crawford being raised over $12 a glass either. :mad:

I also will note that when we last cruised the unlimited drink package was at a much higher price point ($70) and the premium at $57- we typically purchased the premium and bought the odd coffee/juice. We got the deluxe package at 30% off and paid $38-ish per day. I plan to just order what I want and see where the chips fall. Depending on the damage, we will adjust how we handle the drink package going forward. Hoping for a surprise and some drinks above $12 are covered but not holding my breath. :D

Just found this on the RC blog...

Looks like the Oasis (which has a $13 upper limit on the deluxe package) has drinks priced at $13 but Independence (which has a $12 upper limit) has the same drinks priced at $12 each, this would keep each under their respective upper limit. Also, the $15 super premium cocktails are $15 on Oasis and $14 on Independence - meaning it is $2 more on either ship. Interesting...

Edited by melissagohard

Just found this on the RC blog...

Looks like the Oasis (which has a $13 upper limit on the deluxe package) has drinks priced at $13 but Independence (which has a $12 upper limit) has the same drinks priced at $12 each, this would keep each under their respective upper limit. Also, the $15 super premium cocktails are $15 on Oasis and $14 on Independence - meaning it is $2 more on either ship. Interesting...

The inconsistency is amazing!

The addition of the lime juice?

Probably a different rum is used.

I hope the price increase is due to higher quality ingredients, it would show that they're responding to the growing crowd of cocktail enthusiasts and understand quality is better than quantity at times.

Probably a different rum is used.

I hope the price increase is due to higher quality ingredients, it would show that they're responding to the growing crowd of cocktail enthusiasts and understand quality is better than quantity at times.

I'm sure it's a combination of things; the lime juice comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

While I agree that there's a demand for something a bit more sophisticated than frozen umbrella drinks, there's only so much that you can do with a Cuba Libre. With Coke as the principal ingredient, I'm not sure that better rums make much of a difference.

On all past cruises with the premium package I was able to order Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc. Somewhere on here I thought I saw a photo with a price of $16 for it now. We'll see when I'm on Brilliance in a few weeks.

On all past cruises with the premium package I was able to order Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc. Somewhere on here I thought I saw a photo with a price of $16 for it now. We'll see when I'm on Brilliance in a few weeks.

We were on Brilliance over Thanksgiving and Kim C. was $9 per glass. If RCL has increased the price 78%, that is OUTRAGEOUS!! Price-gouging doesn't begin to describe that! Misprint,maybe? Please??