Is there anyway to go from ES to another?

cocacola86

We had always booked ES w/o a problem

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm a bit confused. You have booked ES before with no problems but npw you are complaining about it?

Are you saying all the times you have booked ES before you never knew the ramifications of booking ES?

Like Jimbo said why didn't you book past guest rate or another different rate?:confused:

Bill

We had always booked online and the first time of using a PVP, we booked the breeze online the Valor online all we knew was if the price went down

well good luck. Hope you don't have to make any changes that cost money.

As others have stated, upgrades are free.

They got me once. Changed ships. Cost me $150 for a triple booking. Booked past guest after that. Usually only $20pp more but worth it not to have to deal with those restrictions.:)

Happy Holidays:)

Bill

You will totally loose $50pp if you cancel. If any money is left from the deposit of $250 it will be held for a later cruise. Any money you have paid over and above the deposit will be refunded to you. Some people think they will hold all the money you paid, but that is not the case. All of this only pertains to cruises cancelled before final payment date. After final payment date the regular penalties apply plus no name changes. Remember final payment date is not when you are paid in full. It is a specific number of days prior to your cruise. You can always pay if off sooner but it doesn't affect the amount of penalty. Just make sure you are paid in full by the final payment date so your booking isn't cancelled.

I agree they need more information in the link.

Then explain the $250 penalty that is showing when I click the link. There are 2 of us sailing. We paid $250 total deposit. We are NOT at final payment. Based on your post above, the penalty would be $100 not $250.

We did use a pvp this time for the Dream

Right. But what you said is you booked ES previously and didn't have an issue. Now you booked ES using a PVP and now you do. But ES is ES no matter how you book. So you have the same restrictions now as you did when you did it yourself online and it's the same if you used a TA. Bottom line is, if you don't want price protection after final payment, or the restrictions that ES has, then you have to book a different rate altogether no matter the mechanism of creating your reservation.

We wanted to cancel but not use the money for carnival in the future

That's part of the ES Fare. It can be transferred to another party for a fee ($20 I think if I remember correctly). So if you have someone in your family or a friend that wants to go, maybe you can get them to pay you the cash and they can use your credit. Even if you have to eat the fee, at least you won't lose it totally.

What I meant was, you can transfer the remaining deposit money to someone else that has a cruise booked. You can't transfer the whole booking.

There is a form to fill out as I requested it one time when we had to cancel an ES booking. Ended up switching ships and I wasn't sure if my mom was going on the next one so she was going to transfer the deposit minus the fees to me. I don't know where I put it, but your PVP should be able to email it to you. That's the only way I know to recoup some of your $$ without actually going on a Carnival cruise.

Then explain the $250 penalty that is showing when I click the link. There are 2 of us sailing. We paid $250 total deposit. We are NOT at final payment. Based on your post above, the penalty would be $100 not $250.

They state it that way because you don't get that amount ($250) back. The remaining $150 will be able to be put towards a cruise in the future, but it can't be used for the deposit. So you would have to come up with a new deposit. I don't know why they state it the way they do. Maybe because they will never give that money back. The only way you don't loose it is to book another cruise. Thus more money for them. You are committed to a cruise with them if you don't want to loose the money completely. If you don't book within the time frame stated you loose that $150 also.

When I click on my link it says the penalty is $500. We paid the full deposit and booked ES. If you look at the legal terms you will get the details but sometimes they are hard to understand since it is all in legal-eze. Most of our cruises have been booked ES except a couple of them that were booked only a month or so away from sailing and ES wasn't available that close. Hopefully you will never have to cancel ES booking.

The difference is that a responsible TA would have fully explained all options.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even though I have known my PVP for years, whenever I tell him I want an ES Rate, he still makes sure that I understand the rate - which of course I do. A good PVP will do the same.

I have sworn off TAs forever with my past experiences. I know enough to book on my own, but I like the fact that I have one person I can call day or night that knows the ins and outs of Carnival and isn't biased against booking them as many TAs are. He gets any issues handled in real time. No back and forth, Just fixed. Wouldn't trade him for a free cruise.

Cruise Rate$629.00$629.00

$1,258.00

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses $190.12$190.12

$380.24

Optional Charges

Vacation Protection ?$0.00

Add$0.00

Add

$0.00

Miscellaneous Charges

Administrative Fees$50.00$50.00

$100.00

Total Charges$869.12$869.12$1,338.24

Payment Received

$250.00

Balance Due by January 30, 2018

$1,088.24

Is there a penalty for cancelling this booking?