Is there anyway to go from ES to another?

cocacola86

Once you're booked on ES, you can't change to any other type of fare to avoid cancellation fees. That's what you agree to when booking ES. As long as you cancel before final payment, you lose $50 per person and the remainder of your deposit is held for you for two years.

Edited by nwcruiselover

We're booked on the Dream in a spa interior in an ES can we change it to something different if we have to cancel so there is no cancellation fee?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Under early saver, upgrades are allowed, but downgrades are not. You can price match to a better fare if you find one for your cabin category that qualifies (no super saver fares, no cabin guarantees, etc.). Otherwise if you can cancel, you will pay a penalty and then have up to 2 years to rebook and use the credit that Carnival is holding for you from your cancellation. Changing from one ship to another or from one sail date to another is considered a cancellation.

Sorry I don't get what you mean

Choosing ES has some requirements, among them you get the best possible price and for getting that you commit to not making any change (as changes - and cancellations) require people's time etc and cost money. If some think that these changes are severe in nature, then don't choose ES but a more open (and this comes with a slightly higher price) plan that allows changes (early on anyway).

My original post was in response to your comment that they really got you....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hopefully they explained what ES was to you.

Forums

I hate ES. This coming trip is the first time I booked it (knowing full well all the restrictions) - but the overall price was so much less expensive than other rates, even once I purchased insurance (not through Carnival).

I had a bunch of questions about ES when I booked, and honestly the responses were more along the lines of "I'll have to check about that" and "hmmm, that's a good question"

The restrictions are a bit convoluted and I don't even think that Carnival knows how it works!

If you book ES, buy insurance, with a generous cancellation policy. I currently owe less than $200 on my upcoming trip and when I click the "Is there a penalty for cancelling this booking?" it comes up as $250 (I am not at final payment yet, and we "only" placed a $250 deposit - which I assume would be the "penalty") - but the link doesn't mention how they'll hold my $ hostage for x period of time - and THAT is unsettling and is probably where a lot of people get stung....they really need to include that information in the link as well... :(

I hate ES. This coming trip is the first time I booked it (knowing full well all the restrictions) - but the overall price was so much less expensive than other rates, even once I purchased insurance (not through Carnival).

I had a bunch of questions about ES when I booked, and honestly the responses were more along the lines of "I'll have to check about that" and "hmmm, that's a good question"

The restrictions are a bit convoluted and I don't even think that Carnival knows how it works!

If you book ES, buy insurance, with a generous cancellation policy. I currently owe less than $200 on my upcoming trip and when I click the "Is there a penalty for cancelling this booking?" it comes up as $250 (I am not at final payment yet, and we "only" placed a $250 deposit - which I assume would be the "penalty") - but the link doesn't mention how they'll hold my $ hostage for x period of time - and THAT is unsettling and is probably where a lot of people get stung....they really need to include that information in the link as well... :(

You will totally loose $50pp if you cancel. If any money is left from the deposit of $250 it will be held for a later cruise. Any money you have paid over and above the deposit will be refunded to you. Some people think they will hold all the money you paid, but that is not the case. All of this only pertains to cruises cancelled before final payment date. After final payment date the regular penalties apply plus no name changes. Remember final payment date is not when you are paid in full. It is a specific number of days prior to your cruise. You can always pay if off sooner but it doesn't affect the amount of penalty. Just make sure you are paid in full by the final payment date so your booking isn't cancelled.

I agree they need more information in the link.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

ES is a Carnival thing. Other cruise lines occasionally have sales that require a non refundable deposit upfront. Trick is to always read the fine print before booking. Also watch out for some TAs that charge cancellation penalty.

Edited by sfaaa

Anyone know what the Dream is getting in drydock

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-drydock-schedule.html

"The Carnival Dream will be sent to dry-dock 1/29/17 - 2/11/17, according to GoCCL. While Carnival has not released information about the Carnival Dream's 2017 dry-dock, based on a recent press release the ship is scheduled to receive Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ in 2017. It is highly likely the ship will receive this feature in dry-dock, but Carnival has not confirmed the exact timing of the Dream receiving this feature. At this time, no other information has been publicly released about the enhancements or work that will be completed during this dry-dock."

Carnival is being pretty tight-lipped about Dream's dry-dock upgrades/enhancements. That is pretty much Carnival's standard approach since the Sunshine dry-dock debacle.