Balcony or Mini Suite on Escape for 4 people?

julie100

Hello,

I will be cruising with my husband and two adult children this winter on the Escape. We've actually been on the Escape before, but with just me and my husband, we got the mini suite.

With the 4 of us, 21 yr old daughter and 19 yr old son, I prefer the cabins with the 1 pull down bed and sleeper sofa, instead of having them share the sleeper sofa which won't be as comfortable.

Can you get a mini suite for 4 with the combination of the pull down bed and sofa sleeper or is that only available in the regular balcony rooms? I prefer the extra room in the mini suite but want the 2 separate beds for the kids. thanks!

i believe if you book the one that says "sleeps 4" you will get the pull down bed as well as the sofa bed. your PCC should be able to assist you however in making sure you get the right size room.

what many do is book a balcony room and then book the inside room directly across the hall when traveling with kids, especially full grown kids. of course if you are doing a 3rd and 4th guest sail free promo then i see why you would want to all be in one room.

Can you get a mini suite for 4 with the combination of the pull down bed and sofa sleeper or is that only available in the regular balcony rooms? I prefer the extra room in the mini suite but want the 2 separate beds for the kids. thanks!

There are many mini-suites that sleep 4. On the deck-plans, look for a mini-suite with the "deck_legend_holds4.png" symbol such as 14178/14778.

• 10 months later...
There are many mini-suites that sleep 4. On the deck-plans, look for a mini-suite with the "deck_legend_holds4.png" symbol such as 14178/14778.

We have booked mid ship mini suite 14778 for next year to Bermuda. How can I tell where the bed is located - near the balcony or near the bathroom?

We have booked mid ship mini suite 14778 for next year to Bermuda. How can I tell where the bed is located - near the balcony or near the bathroom?
There are sometimes errors on the deckplan but based on the sleeping capacity, if 14778 sleeps 4, the bed will be by the balcony.

There are examples of a stateroom that sleeps 3 with bed-by-balcony but in most cases, sleeps 3 will be bed-by-closet, sleeps 4 (if it actually sleeps 4) will always be bed-by-closet for the balcony/mini-suites on BA/GA/Escape/Bliss.

For BA/GA deckplan, the wider part of the room is where the bed is located HOWEVER there are sections of the deckplan where the room indent is in the wrong place (adding to the confusion). Escape's deckplan doesn't have the indent. If actual pictures of a specific stateroom can't be found and there isn't anyone who has stayed in a specific stateroom, there is a possibility of incorrect information. That's how the BA/GA errors were found.

There are sometimes errors on the deckplan but based on the sleeping capacity, if 14778 sleeps 4, the bed will be by the balcony.

There are examples of a stateroom that sleeps 3 with bed-by-balcony but in most cases, sleeps 3 will be bed-by-closet, sleeps 4 (if it actually sleeps 4) will always be bed-by-closet for the balcony/mini-suites on BA/GA/Escape/Bliss.

Thanks. I couldn't find any pictures of this stateroom. It is supposed to sleep 4. So the sofa and ceiling drop down bed will be by the closet and the main bed should be by the balcony? Either way will be fine since there are just two of us, but it looks like the closet is easier to access if the main bed is closer to the balcony.

We have stayed in a M6 Mini-suite on the Escape and we were a group of 4 adults (us & adult children) and the bed was by the balcony and there was a pull-down from ceiling and sofa that converted to single bed that were by the closet. The large balcony was awesome - had 2 loungers and 2 regular chairs - we could all be out enjoying the balcony at the same time.

Went back and forth about this myself. Although the bathroom is bigger in the mini, there seems to be more storage in the balcony bathroom as there are shelves rather than a double sink. With 4 people, that's what matters most. No one is using the bathroom at the same time.