Door Decorating

katiekatie

You cannot use tape or glue items or anything that could cause damage to the door. Not many seem to decorate their door on Celebrity, but magnet types of decorations work the best. Don't spend too much money on the decorations because I've seen them ruined or stolen.

Thanks Kitty! On one past cruise I used poster puddy and decorated our cabin door with candy since it was during Valentine's Day. I would replenish every day!

So that's what you did with your pillow chocolates.

Edited by davekathy

We have a car door magnet obtained from Vistaprint that we stick on the outside of our door on all our cruises. Its a picture of an iconic part of our city with our Christian names overlayed. It serves a couple of purposes. First it makes it easier for us to find our cabin door, we often have trouble counting and it allows those visiting an easy marker where our cabin is. A Vistaprint car door magnet costs about $9 and lasts forever (well nearly forever)

We had our anniversary while on the Reflection Eastern Caribbean and the stateroom attendant actually put up a nice "happy anniversary" sign on the door. Since we were in an SV next to a Sky Suite we had our own separate entrance to our cabin door so no one saw it except for us, the attendants and our SS neighbors. So it was really cool I loved coming back at night and seeing it.

I posted three laminated Christmas posters on my recent cruise. One day my "Keep Calm and Get Your Ho Ho Ho On" poster went missing. I was distraught. My husband, though, found it a few doors down from us. I quickly snatched it back to put up on our door. The rest of the cruise my posters stayed on our door.

I don't go crazy decorating the entire door, but I do like a few "seasonal" posters. Just know, though, that they may just "walk away".

We always decorate our door. Scotch tape has never hurt the finish on anything. If there's a holiday or birthday during our cruise we use that theme, if not we decorate it with vacation stuff and things from our home state. Magnets, postcards and those full size door decorations are things we use.

We met a friend's son on one cruise... he was an officer onboard but we didn't know it. He saw the door and knocked!

I know some people don't get it or they think it's childish. To each his own I say. Most of the responses we get are positive. Other passengers sometimes thank us because it helps them find their own cabin.

One thing... remove it the last night of the cruise. Don't leave it for the attendant to do. They're busy enough.

What I do for door decorating is pretty simply yet classy - it adds a little spirit and fun to the cruise. I know this isn't everyone cups of tea.

Don't forget to decorate down to the carpet level so when you're crawling back to your cabin late at night, you can spot it easily without having to stand up. :D

We always decorate our door. Scotch tape has never hurt the finish on anything. If there's a holiday or birthday during our cruise we use that theme, if not we decorate it with vacation stuff and things from our home state. Magnets, postcards and those full size door decorations are things we use.

We met a friend's son on one cruise... he was an officer onboard but we didn't know it. He saw the door and knocked!

I know some people don't get it or they think it's childish. To each his own I say. Most of the responses we get are positive. Other passengers sometimes thank us because it helps them find their own cabin.

One thing... remove it the last night of the cruise. Don't leave it for the attendant to do. They're busy enough.

The tape DOES leave a residue. Better to use magnets.