Current info on The Chef's Table

kjbacon

There will be 4 rotations on this 10 day sailing. First one is tonight and tomorrow, then it is changed every 3 nights. One night features a main course that I do not eat and I asked the Maitre' D if a sub was available and he seemed to think that they could work with me. Can't wait!

Meanwhile, on board the Sea, it is Asian night tonight with a new menu starting tomorrow night. Since everyone has raved about the Asian menu, we have reservations there tonight and again later in the cruise for "Routes des Indus". Standby for post meal report.

Asian night tonight on the Sea. Delicious. Spicy for me, especially the shrimp but not intolerably so. My meal was prepared without bell pepper, garlic or raw onion. That effected the shrimp appetizer which is made with garlic and the rice at the main course which is cooked with bell pepper. I was given steamed rice. I won't comment on the wines because I'm not much of a drinker.

Asian night tonight on the Sea. Delicious. Spicy for me, especially the shrimp but not intolerably so. My meal was prepared without bell pepper, garlic or raw onion. That effected the shrimp appetizer which is made with garlic and the rice at the main course which is cooked with bell pepper. I was given steamed rice. I won't comment on the wines because I'm not much of a drinker.

Thanks for the positive comments on The Chef's Table Asian night. We are also looking forward to trying this restaurant. I'm not a wine drinker and my husband is more of a beer guy but he will try wines.

I too have allergies so very nice to know they will leave items off a dish.

And an extra BIG THANK YOU for all your updates . . .

Thanks for the positive comments on The Chef's Table Asian night. We are also looking forward to trying this restaurant. I'm not a wine drinker and my husband is more of a beer guy but he will try wines.

I too have allergies so very nice to know they will leave items off a dish.

And an extra BIG THANK YOU for all your updates . . .

It helps if you let them know ASAP after you board that you have food allergies. I booked more reservations as soon as i got on the ship, for the first two nights no less. I told the head waiter right then and there what my allergies were so that the kitchen could start preparing my meals. I especially ordered the Bisteca Fiorentina when i reserved because it marinates a couple of days. Once you register your allergies, you will be given the MDR menus a day in advance and you can choose whatever you want on the menu; they will make it allergen free. Goes for anyone on a special diet--celiacs, vegan, vegetarian, whatever.

It sounds like they have stepped up what they are doing for food allergies. We told them in advance of my shellfish allergy and they were just fantastic in accommodating this....but on the inaugural they were not yet providing menus in advance. The only place where I was really concerned was the Chefs Table as the other venues had plenty of great options.....and the Chefs Table did make substitutions....although it sounds like they have perfected that even more!