Florida Excursion on Christmas Day 2017

heatherpl

For any of the Florida theme parks, think of it like this. Are kids in school? If yes, then it might be okay. If they are off, it will be crowded.

I spent a wonderful 10 nights in Disney about 5 years ago. I started the weekend before Thanksgiving. The weekend and the Monday was great, no crowds. As Thanksgiving came in, it got slammed.

I would never do any of the theme parks off a cruise ship ever again. I did Universal twice. Both times, I lucked out, and I was well aware I lucked out. The first time, first week in December. Totally dead. Was able to do Universal Studios in the 6 hours I had available pretty easily.

Last year, I went back to Universal (because we wanted to do the harry potter stuff which we missed last time) the week after labor day. It was way more crowded, but if I didn't have the hook up, I would have been mad. Instead of going with the cruise line, I have a friend who got me discounted two park tickets (you can't get those on the excursion), and she had front of the line privileges because she had something that allowed her to do it. It has to do with her being an employee or something like that. If it wasn't for her perk, we would not have been able to do nearly as many rides. We also rented a van for the 6 of us and got the trip done for about 130/person total. Cruise wanted 180/person for ONE park.

We were thinking of going to Epcot after departing our Oasis cruise on Easter Sunday next April.

Would the crowds be the same? Here in the UK it's a bit different with things being quiet on holidays so this has come as a bit of a shock.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes!!!! I would advise against it. We live in FL and avoid parks during holidays.

Don't forget you will be getting to the park after they open when the crowds have already started to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks for all your suggestions and information. Maybe I will have to go another day/another time to Disney. I will look into Coco Beach in Florida. The space center does not seem interesting to me. More beach person and amusement parks.

My husband is interested in space stuff so bought him tickets to the space center and I thought I would not like it (just not interested and would rather go something else). It was AMAZING! I was shocked how much I enjoyed it

You may surprise yourself like I did.

PS....we live in FL and love Disney but you couldn't pay me to go at Christmas. It will be insane and will most certainly stop allowing people in due to crowding and that's not fun to be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we will be docking at Port Canaveral and they do have an excursion up and ready to book for transportation to Disney. Can someone give me some insight on Disney on Christmas day?

And yes I never been and willing to pay for ticket prices even if it is short amount of time there that day.

Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios Epcot.

I live in Florida and have been to Disney on Christmas Day. It's festive and fun and decorated for Christmas. Yes, there are crowds, but it's like no other time. If you've never been, I'd suggest you go since you are so close, but have an advance plan in mind. You'll only have time for one park, so select the park you most want to see. Then within that park, make a list of your "must experience" in priority and go to those attractions first. Assume you may not be able to see everything on your list, but you'll enjoy the holiday atmosphere and see some highlights. Purchase your ticket in advance, either online or through AAA so you don't waste time standing in line for a ticket. Unless your heart is set on the Magic Kingdom (and you should absolutely go if it is), Epcot is lovely at Christmas with the different countries represented in the World Showcase. Whatever you decide, have a great time on your cruise!