Florida Excursion on Christmas Day 2017

heatherpl

we will be docking at Port Canaveral and they do have an excursion up and ready to book for transportation to Disney. Can someone give me some insight on Disney on Christmas day?

And yes I never been and willing to pay for ticket prices even if it is short amount of time there that day.

Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios Epcot.

Do not waste the money. MK will almost certainly reach capacity before noon and a day ticket is the first group locked out.

Even on a non holiday there is nowhere near enough time in the park to justify an excursion

WDW is a week long trip minimum.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Avoid Disney on Christmas Day at all costs. They close the parks to visitors in several stages. As someone who is not an annual pass holder, not a DVC member, not staying at a Disney resort, etc you will be the first category of guest who will be denied entry. It would be a shame to drive an hour there only to be turned away like the Griswold's at Wally World.

You could look into doing something else Disney related like visiting Disney Springs (shopping/restaurant area) or a Disney water park (thought that would be packed too).

I would imagine Universal would be in the same situation as Disney.

Edited by holden0301

Unless you can get to the park near the opening time, I would not risk it. The theme parks are packed on the major holidays and as others said, you could be denied entry once the park reaches capacity.

If the weather is nice, I would do a beach day on Cocoa Beach.

We were thinking of going to Epcot after departing our Oasis cruise on Easter Sunday next April.

Would the crowds be the same? Here in the UK it's a bit different with things being quiet on holidays so this has come as a bit of a shock.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

we will be docking at Port Canaveral and they do have an excursion up and ready to book for transportation to Disney. Can someone give me some insight on Disney on Christmas day?

And yes I never been and willing to pay for ticket prices even if it is short amount of time there that day.

Are you going on the Anthem? We have this booked and was wondering the same, given the responses I'm hoping for good weather for a beach day now [emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were thinking of going to Epcot after departing our Oasis cruise on Easter Sunday next April.

Would the crowds be the same? Here in the UK it's a bit different with things being quiet on holidays so this has come as a bit of a shock.

Thanks

I'm on this one too! Is your flight on the Sunday? Our is and we are doing the Kennedy space centre excursion on the way to the airport.

Here is a YouTube video from Adam the Woo, a daily vlogger than I follow. He went to Magic Kingdom this year and documented it. He is from Orlando and was visiting his folks over the holidays. As a season ticket holder to Disney Resorts he used the expression "morbid curiosity" while describing his act of going there.

You'd never get me there on a Christmas Day again, been there done that. The Woo states the estimated Magic Kingdom occupancy was expected to be 79,000 people. He did no rides the entire time he was there. The shortest line was 60 minutes if I remember correctly. I love Disney but it isn't always the happiest place on earth.

Watch the video as it is great and it might make you think twice.:eek:

[YOUTUBE]JlS-fR6yrz8[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by A&L_Ont

I'm on this one too! Is your flight on the Sunday? Our is and we are doing the Kennedy space centre excursion on the way to the airport.

We are flying back the following Saturday and having a few days in Disney after the cruise. Was hoping to do Epcot on the Easter Sunday but this thread has got me thinking again.

So looking forward to our cruise on Oasis though [emoji846]

We are flying back the following Saturday and having a few days in Disney after the cruise. Was hoping to do Epcot on the Easter Sunday but this thread has got me thinking again.

We're at Orlando before the cruise and heading home straight away afterward. Yes we are looking forward to it too [emoji4]

Thanks

2nd worst day to visit Disney. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

There is no way we would visit Disney World on Christmas Day. We go in October when the weather is ideal and the crowds are non-existent. The longest line I recall there was about 30 minutes to get on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and that was because it was a new attraction. If I had to risk it, I would try EPCOT over Magic Kingdom. If one really wants a Disney Christmas experience, go the two weeks after Thanksgiving. There are no crowds then, either.

Never try and do any WDW park on a single day ticket on a holiday. Easter will be just as bad. Even though historically MK will reach capacity first, all the other parks then catch the spillover.

Especially if you are on a time crunch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Been there...done that. (A week over the Christmas holiday). It was TERRIBLE. At capacity is essentially over capacity! Two of the days (including Christmas) we simply decided to stay in the hotel. There were things to do, as we were on-site but the parks were BEYOND crowded. Save your money and go at a time you'll actually have a chance to enjoy it!

Each park has something different to offer so 4 days to one week during a less busy time makes the trip worthwhile.

yes we are on Christmas cruise on Anthem next year. We are coming from Baltimore and driving up. I hope the beach weather is nice following day after Christmas when we get to Nassau and Coco Cay.

thanks for all your suggestions and information. Maybe I will have to go another day/another time to Disney. I will look into Coco Beach in Florida. The space center does not seem interesting to me. More beach person and amusement parks.

thanks for all your suggestions and information. Maybe I will have to go another day/another time to Disney. I will look into Coco Beach in Florida. The space center does not seem interesting to me. More beach person and amusement parks.

John Glenn just turned over in his grave! (too soon?)

yes we are on Christmas cruise on Anthem next year. We are coming from Baltimore and driving up. I hope the beach weather is nice following day after Christmas when we get to Nassau and Coco Cay.

We are flying from the uk a couple of day in advance and might stay in New York for New Year's Eve. Yes we hope the weather will be good for beach days, this will be our first time to Nassau and Cococay :)

We are flying from the uk a couple of day in advance and might stay in New York for New Year's Eve. Yes we hope the weather will be good for beach days, this will be our first time to Nassau and Cococay :)

New Years Eve in Times Square will make Christmas at WDW seem empty. You are put in a pen for 9 or so hours without access to food, water, or bathrooms.