Vancouver Seattle Arrival Departure

bdcbbq

I have a cruise booked out of Seattle for Alaska. The primary reason the port and cruise was chosen is to visit Seattle a couple days post cruise. I've always wanted to see Pike's Place Market, Space Needle, and ???

I have found a couple of other cruises that look better but leave Vancouver.

Anyone have experience flying into Vancouver and flying out of Seattle on the return? Best options for getting between Vancouver and Seattle.

I have a cruise booked out of Seattle for Alaska. The primary reason the port and cruise was chosen is to visit Seattle a couple days post cruise. I've always wanted to see Pike's Place Market, Space Needle, and ???

Anyone have experience flying into Vancouver and flying out of Seattle on the return? Best options for getting between Vancouver and Seattle.

We have used the Bolt Bus a couple of times. Cost was about $24 cdn and it drops you at or leaves from the Main Street sky train station. There is also Quickshuttle which costs about $50. It has more drop off and pickup points. The Bolt bus drops off at King St staton in Seattle, which is easy walking distance to Pike place market. There is also Amtrak service from Vancouver to Seattle. I wouldn't bother flying from Seattle to Vancouver it wouldn't be much faster what with security and waiting for your baggage in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wouldn't bother flying from Seattle to Vancouver it wouldn't be much faster what with security and waiting for your baggage in my opinion.

If the OP is then flying out of SEA, it's very much faster to fly.

Once you clear security and customs/immigration at YVR, you have only a simple connection to catch your next flight.

But, since the OP isn't completely clear about exactly what he is trying to accomplish....

If the OP is then flying out of SEA, it's very much faster to fly.

Once you clear security and customs/immigration at YVR, you have only a simple connection to catch your next flight.

But, since the OP isn't completely clear about exactly what he is trying to accomplish....

The way I read it was the OP want to cruise r/t Vancouver then see some of the sights in Seattle post cruise then fly out of SEA

We did an Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver in May. Arrived back in Seattle. Very very easy! We booked flights into Vancouver and used their tram system to travel into the city. Do have Canadian currency if doing so. We were able to use a credit card at ticket machine though. Our Vancouver hotel was down town to allow for walking but we opted for a cab to port. Our hotel arranged for us. When we got back after cruise into Seattle, lines of cabs were waiting and it was a flat $40 to our hotel (located between market and space needle). We walked to needle, tram back toward hotel, walked to market & aquarium. We opted for a cab to airport versus subway due to early travel, another $40. Definitely arrive 3hrs prior to flight as lines are huge. We saw all of Seattle in the one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

We did the 8 day Carnival cruise leaving from Vancouver and return to Seattle last May. Sounds like you might be considering the same trip. It was great.

We chose to fly round trip to Seattle and took the train from Seattle to Vancouver. That was a very nice side trip and a wonderful way to travel.

There are many options and as previously mentioned, check out the West coast departure threads as well as the Alaska, Canada threads for tons of information.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

• I recommend flying into Vancouver to enjoy the sights for a few days pre-cruise.... There is lots to see in Vancouver for a few days.
  • after your cruise take the Quick Shuttle out to Seattle for additional sightseeing and then flying out. Quick Shuttle will pick you up at the cruise terminal for your trip to Seattle or SeaTac. A more scenic option is to Orca whale watch your way to Seattle via Victoria.

Edited by xlxo

The way I read it was the OP want to cruise r/t Vancouver then see some of the sights in Seattle post cruise then fly out of SEA

Exactly. I thought it was an R/T out of Vancouver on Regency Seven Seas with a 2 for 1 price. I was limiting myself to Seattle only. Then the above thought came up.

Thanks for the answers and suggestions. I tried looking for the RSS cruise I wanted and the dates won't work. :( I'll probably do some more looking around in January. But I have a HAL cruise reserved with a deposit out of Seattle. The 2 I was comparing were almost exactly the same price.

Exactly. I thought it was an R/T out of Vancouver on Regency Seven Seas with a 2 for 1 price. I was limiting myself to Seattle only. Then the above thought came up.

Thanks for the answers and suggestions. I tried looking for the RSS cruise I wanted and the dates won't work. :( I'll probably do some more looking around in January. But I have a HAL cruise reserved with a deposit out of Seattle. The 2 I was comparing were almost exactly the same price.

I cannot believe Regent would be the same price as HAL

The 2 for 1 price is PP not total

be sure you know what you are paying