Drink packages - swiping question!

zuzuflub

We usually both get an alcohol package each cruise and just hand over our sea pass cards when we order drinks. No drama.

This time he has an alcohol and I have a soft drink package. I am a bit concerned that they may swipe the wrong cards for the drinks we order and I may get alcohol charges on my card.

Will we now have to order drinks individually? Or is this not a problem? ???

Sent from my SM-N910U using Forums mobile app

If you hand over your card for a drink with alcohol, you will get charged for the drink. Otherwise people would be sharing packages left and right. I would say just use his card to pay because he has both alcohol and soda on his package, but then you may get accused of sharing a package, even though you have the package too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We usually both get an alcohol package each cruise and just hand over our sea pass cards when we order drinks. No drama.

This time he has an alcohol and I have a soft drink package. I am a bit concerned that they may swipe the wrong cards for the drinks we order and I may get alcohol charges on my card.

Will we now have to order drinks individually? Or is this not a problem? ???

The Explorer has the coke freestyle machines. Don't you want to just use that? Many many many more choices there. At a bar, the "gun" for fountain soda just has Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and seltzer.

I have the package that includes mocktails / juice etc so I will be ordering from the bar. We usually hand over 2 cards when we order but we will have to make sure each time they put the correct drink on each card🤐

Just each hand over your own card and make your own orders and there will be no issue. If one of you does the order for both make sure they know which card is which.

I have the package that includes mocktails / juice etc so I will be ordering from the bar. We usually hand over 2 cards when we order but we will have to make sure each time they put the correct drink on each card[emoji850]

That will work. Or maybe handover the cards separately.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DW gets the booze package, I get the package with mocktails, coffee, etc.

When we both order something at the same time we give both cards. We have only had an issue one time. I check our account a couple times each day and when I saw a charge for a drink on my account I went to guest services and had it corrected.

I have the package that includes mocktails / juice etc so I will be ordering from the bar. We usually hand over 2 cards when we order but we will have to make sure each time they put the correct drink on each card🤐

The bar servers will be able to handle it.

The bar servers will be able to handle it.

I agree, but sometimes there is a glitch.

I was charged for drinks despite my wife and I having packages. Customer services made me feel like a criminal when I asked for the charges to be taken off.

I was told I had probably brought people drinks, when I said I had not she insinuated that I might have been too drunk to remember, I was not amused.

The moral of the story being, as good as bar staff are mistakes can be made.

Edited by dwhe

I agree, but sometimes there is a glitch.

I was charged for drinks despite my wife and I having packages. Customer services made me feel like a criminal when I asked for the charges to be taken off.

I was told I had probably brought people drinks, when I said I had not she insinuated that I might have been too drunk to remember, I was not amused.

The moral of the story being, as good as bar staff are mistakes can be made.

They charged you without giving you a receipt to sign (and hopefully tip extra with)? That doesn't seem likely/possible. Sounds like someone else was managing to charge on your card somehow.

Op we've ordered something for DH with replenish and my beer and handed over both cards. My beer gets charged correctly and his replenish-included drink is swiped to his card no problem. The staff can handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would presume you shouldn't have issues giving them both cards but it is wise to be observant for mistakes. Even without having drink packages my virgin mango tango was charged as a Jack and Coke. It was quickly corrected but always important to watch out as the bars are busy spots. I do wonder if someone else got a really cheap Jack and Coke in the transaction

They charged you without giving you a receipt to sign (and hopefully tip extra with)? That doesn't seem likely/possible. Sounds like someone else was managing to charge on your card somehow.

Op we've ordered something for DH with replenish and my beer and handed over both cards. My beer gets charged correctly and his replenish-included drink is swiped to his card no problem. The staff can handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several times with our drink packages on our Oasis sailing if we were at one of our "Regular" bars, they did not swipe our card.