Cabin Changes

Sue1260

Yes. It's in the small print of your contract. I personally have never had my cabin moved. But I book in the EU, which have strict consumer protection.

I wouldn't worry about it, I have heard you can put a no up grade request which reduces your chance of being moved 😀

I hope this helps

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Easily done via phone if the room that you want is available.

Make sure that (for ex.) if 4 people are booked in a standard balcony, the new desired standard balcony also sleeps 4. Some sleep 3.

I've moved then moved again and each time was no problem. I also had a list of "...if that isn't available, how about...?" as backup.

EDIT:

Do YOU want to change or are you asking if NCL can change you without your consent?

Edited by Two Wheels Only

CAN NCL change you; quite clear?

Since NCL's website doesn't list every available stateroom many people book what is there and feel that they are locked into that choice.

I (incorrectly) thought that OP was asking if NCL was willing to make a stateroom change after booking. Either by choice of the guest or at NCL's discretion, it CAN be done.

I've heard it's most likely to be done if you get them to assign you a cabin that they shouldn't. Such as if you get an accessible cabin for the extra space when you don't need one, you would get bumped if someone did need it. Or if you managed to book a 4 person cabin for 2 people due to its location, you could get bumped if a group of 4 needed it. Also heard that you should have them note 'no upgrades' if you don't want to be moved. I've never had a cabin I chose changed, don't know how often this really happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called NCL rep at time of booking and cabin 14278 aft balcony was suggested to book. Now 2 weeks later I was looking at deck plans and realized this is a handicap accessible cabin. I will gladly move if it is needed by a handicap person. But I worry what if all other aft balcony are booked would I be eligible for an upgrade?

No I hope I don't get put in that situation. Because I wouldn't deny a handicap person who needs a cabin. But I have had a mid ship balcony and decided on this larger aft balcony and am really looking forward to spending time on the balcony especially on a crowded ship that it's hard to find a lounge chair on the sun deck.

I called NCL rep at time of booking and cabin 14278 aft balcony was suggested to book. Now 2 weeks later I was looking at deck plans and realized this is a handicap accessible cabin. I will gladly move if it is needed by a handicap person. But I worry what if all other aft balcony are booked would I be eligible for an upgrade?

The first post was confusing.

You can call and have NCL CHANGE your cabin - assuming one in your category is available.

AND

NCL can change your cabin without talking to you - though that seems rare. Being in a HCP cabin, it could happen. I would try to find a cabin that works for you and then call in and not risk the change.

Upgrade? Not really - other than to other balcony cabins. MAYBE, if they get a last minute DEMAND for a HCP, they will take care of you. MAYBE.