Charges on EPIC

LounVal

DW came across a review from someone who was on the EPIC in July. He wrote that there were charges for the shows, comedians even the water slides and rock climbing wall. I told I didn't think the guy new what he was talking about. He did not said he did any of these things, so he may have made a false assumption. I figured I'd post here and see if there is anything to this report.

So,,, the Epic entertainment did change in October 2015 after her dry dock. Gone is the blue man group and legend in concert. And the Epic usually changes comedy groups between Med and the Caribbean.

Wouldn't expect changes to the water slides after they were refibered last year.

Can't speak to the rock wall. Things come and go based on usage. For example, long gone is the ice rink on the Epic which took tremendous labor daily with few to no users.

There is a charge for the dinner show in the Spiegel Tent.

There are no fees for the pools, waterslides, climbing course etc. That guy had no clue what he was talking about in that review!

Reservations are SUGGESTED for the comedy shows, the main theater shows etc, however there is NO CHARGE for these shows.

I think Bird needs to upgrade her glasses :D

Edited by Sauer-kraut

So,,, the Epic entertainment did change in October 2015 after her dry dock. Gone is the blue man group and legend in concert. And the Epic usually changes comedy groups between Med and the Caribbean.

Wouldn't expect changes to the water slides after they were refibered last year.

Can't speak to the rock wall. Things come and go based on usage. For example, long gone is the ice rink on the Epic which took tremendous labor daily with few to no users.

Thank you for the input. But I was asking about charges not changes :-)

There is a charge for the dinner show in the Spiegel Tent.

There are no fees for the pools, waterslides, climbing course etc. That guy had no clue what he was talking about in that review!

Reservations are SUGGESTED for the comedy shows, the main theater shows etc, however there is NO CHARGE for these shows.

I think Bird needs to upgrade her glasses :D

Exactly what I told my wife when she showed me the review. More Fake News I guess! thanks

DW came across a review from someone who was on the EPIC in July. He wrote that there were charges for the shows, comedians even the water slides and rock climbing wall. I told I didn't think the guy new what he was talking about. He did not said he did any of these things, so he may have made a false assumption. I figured I'd post here and see if there is anything to this report.

Agree about the false assumptions. If he went to the cirque show and found that there was a charge (since it's technically classified as a specialty restaurant) and saw that you could get tickets for the other shows he may have thought they were additional.

If he say went to play bowling or in the arcade and saw that those items were extra cost he may have assumed everything was. But when I did epic, def no charges for the water slides, rock climbing wall, or comedy club (and we did all of them).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've cruised on NCL 9 times and have tried to write down every extra cost here... it may be of help! http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/12/27/infographic-the-hidden-costs-of-cruising/

I agree with everybody else, the waterslides are definitely not an extra cost although the bowling and arcade/pub games are.

The main extra costs seem to be for spa treatments, exercise classes, speciality restaurants (the one with the show), laundry and other things which you would expect like drinks, internet etc.

So strange that somebody would write a post saying that you had to pay for everything... can't think of a motive for that one! NCL sabotage maybe! :')

We were just on the Epic a couple of weeks ago and that review is totally bogus! No charge for the water slides, rock climbing wall, shows (there is a charge for Cirque Dinner show), comedians, Howl at the Moon.

There is an extra charge for the Ice Bar.

We seen Priscilla and Burn the Floor, dh did the slides, did not do the rock wall but watched, went to the comedians and Howl at the Moon and our final bill for these were a big fat $0!

Love the Epic!!!

We were just on the Epic a couple of weeks ago and that review is totally bogus! No charge for the water slides, rock climbing wall, shows (there is a charge for Cirque Dinner show), comedians, Howl at the Moon.

There is an extra charge for the Ice Bar.

We seen Priscilla and Burn the Floor, dh did the slides, did not do the rock wall but watched, went to the comedians and Howl at the Moon and our final bill for these were a big fat $0!

Love the Epic!!!

Completely agree! I loved Priscilla :')

I can see how this can happen. If someone happened to partake in a number of the extra charge items and did not do the free things, and had a large bill at the end, the logic for THAT person is that everything cost extra.

Some people have ZERO extra charges, and others grab and pay for just about anything since, after all, they are on vacation. LOL!