Keens on RCCL zip lines

klass2

I've tried searching for this and came up with only one thread that specifically addressed wearing Keens on the zip line but it was from when the Oasis was new.

I know that wearing Keens shoes (specifically the Newport style) is fine to zip line when we have done non RCCL excursions on islands.

On our upcoming cruise my big kids will be doing the Dragon's breath zip line on Labadee. I'd hate for them to be denied bc of their shoes. At the same time lugging sneakers and beach shoes is a pain. So I'm hoping to get some insight.

Has anybody here been allowed to wear Keens type shoes on the ship zip line and/or the Dragon's Breath zip line on Labadee?

They fit securely with Velcro and have a closed toe like sneakers. They just are ventilated to make them ideal for water activities too. [emoji6]

Pic for your reference. IMG_1483225137.133177.jpg.078c5016e000b32a42939d2fa9dabedd.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for posting this question. My gf and I were just talking about such a thing last night as there are a few excursions we want to take that require closed toe shoes for the zipline segment but we didn't want to bring watersocks for the tubing segment. So we were looking at Keen and similar type of footwear that is closed toe but suitable (and acceptable) for both ziplining and water activities.

Thank you for posting this question. My gf and I were just talking about such a thing last night as there are a few excursions we want to take that require closed toe shoes for the zipline segment but we didn't want to bring watersocks for the tubing segment. So we were looking at Keen and similar type of footwear that is closed toe but suitable (and acceptable) for both ziplining and water activities.

Keen's were perfect for us when we did a cave tubing/zip line/ATV riding excursion in Belize. [emoji106]🏻

I'm not sure what Royals policy is. And of course it may vary from operator to operator.

I wore my Keens in mid November for Dragon Tail zip line and never even saw or heard anyone being questioned about footwear and one little girl just had her Stride Rite type sandals on. Don't know about the ship zip line tho cause was on the Freedom (no zip line). I'd think ship rules might be more strict, safety wise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wore my Keens in mid November for Dragon Tail zip line and never even saw or heard anyone being questioned about footwear and one little girl just had her Stride Rite type sandals on. Don't know about the ship zip line tho cause was on the Freedom (no zip line). I'd think ship rules might be more strict, safety wise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your reply.

My boys will have sneakers on the ship for basketball but I don't want to lug them onto the island for the Dragons Breath zip line.