Anyone Book Thru CAS Yesterday or Today

riddle

Has anyone booked through CAS yesterday or today and able to verify that there is no longer an administrative fee for a comped cabin? That was reported on earlier threads that it would be effective 1/1/17.

Has anyone booked through CAS yesterday or today and able to verify that there is no longer an administrative fee for a comped cabin? That was reported on earlier threads that it would be effective 1/1/17.

They are closed until Tuesday morning.

Pat

I saw and heard about this "rumor" but if I am not mistaken it was going to be effective sometime in 2017, so not necessarily 1/1/17 and also the admin fee was not going to be eliminated but was going to be reduced back to the original amount they used to charge instead of the higher $200 per person fee for 7 days (old fee was about twenty or so a day).

Phyllis

Hi,

I booked through CAS on 12/30/16. Called back today, as I wanted to see if they would give me the OBC that they started offering on 1/1/17.

I was able to get the OBC, but if you upgrade through CAS they only give you the OBC for the category of stateroom that you were comped. (we were offered a mini-suite, but upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa on the Epic 12/9/17-12/16/17)

CAS gave us $70.00 per person in OBC. I did not have to cancel and rebook, they just added it. I received an Amenity Confirmation via email 30 minutes after hanging up.

I asked the rep about the admin fee, she stated to me that CAS is figuring out what they are going to do, but she could not provide me with an official statement as to what (if any) the changes were going to be regarding the future price point of the admin fee or when it would be changed.

As an FYI to those that may not know, CAS changed the policy regarding upgrades.

If you upgrade to a Suite or Haven class stateroom from a comped offer, CAS now gives you all the Suite/Haven free at sea perks and you do not have to pay the 18% fee on the beverage or dining package.

We just returned from a cruise on the Gem (12/11-12/19) that we had booked in February of 2016. For that cruise we went through CAS and upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa and were only able to receive the free at sea perks associated with the comp offer ( balcony) so we had to pay the 18% for both the beverage and dining package.

The beverage package seems to be the same, but now on cruises of 5-9 days the specialty dining package free at sea perk is only good for 3 nights.

(On our 8 day cruise on the Gem last month the specialty dining package free at sea perk was good for 4 nights)

Also, if anyone has Cruise Next certificates, they did allow me to use two of them for the Epic booking. The rep that handled that for me said that sometimes the system allows them to enter 2 Cruise Next certificates, sometimes it doesn't, so I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone.

FYI

Vinegarjoe

Edited by Vinegarjoe10

Hi,

I booked through CAS on 12/30/16. Called back today, as I wanted to see if they would give me the OBC that they started offering on 1/1/17.

I was able to get the OBC, but if you upgrade through CAS they only give you the OBC for the category of stateroom that you were comped. (we were offered a mini-suite, but upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa on the Epic 12/9/17-12/16/17)

CAS gave us $70.00 per person in OBC. I did not have to cancel and rebook, they just added it. I received an Amenity Confirmation via email 30 minutes after hanging up.

I asked the rep about the admin fee, she stated to me that CAS is figuring out what they are going to do, but she could not provide me with an official statement as to what (if any) the changes were going to be regarding the future price point of the admin fee or when it would be changed.

As an FYI to those that may not know, CAS changed the policy regarding upgrades.

If you upgrade to a Suite or Haven class stateroom from a comped offer, CAS now gives you all the Suite/Haven free at sea perks and you do not have to pay the 18% fee on the beverage or dining package.

We just returned from a cruise on the Gem (12/11-12/19) that we had booked in February of 2016. For that cruise we went through CAS and upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa and were only able to receive the free at sea perks associated with the comp offer ( balcony) so we had to pay the 18% for both the beverage and dining package.

The beverage package seems to be the same, but now on cruises of 5-9 days the specialty dining package free at sea perk is only good for 3 nights.

(On our 8 day cruise on the Gem last month the specialty dining package free at sea perk was good for 4 nights)

Also, if anyone has Cruise Next certificates, they did allow me to use two of them for the Epic booking. The rep that handled that for me said that sometimes the system allows them to enter 2 Cruise Next certificates, sometimes it doesn't, so I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone.

FYI

Vinegarjoe

Glad you were able to get it. We booked ours on 12/20, I just called to see if they would add the OBC to the booking and they said it was for new bookings only. Tried again and still no go.:(

I wonder if it's worth it to cancel and rebook.

Hi,

FYI

Vinegarjoe

Hello joe,

Thanks for the great information, may I ask how much they charged u to upgrade to a 2 bedroom?

Cecil

Hello joe,

Thanks for the great information, may I ask how much they charged u to upgrade to a 2 bedroom?

Cecil

Hi Cecil,

When I called CAS they told me that offered 'comp' depends on the ship and the sailing that I was interested in. I told them I was interested in the Epic 12/9/17-12/16/17 and the rep said CAS would comp me the value of a mini-suite.

This sailing also had 3rd and 4th guests sail free.

The NCL website price point for the sailing was $7411.00, inclusive of the 3rd and 4th guests sailing free.

I was charged $4513.56 through CAS.

So after the CAS Admin Fees for 2 guests ($200.00 each) and the port charges/taxes for 4 guests ($613.56), the total savings was $2898.

Before I booked the 2 bedroom villa I asked for a CAS price quote on a haven aft penthouse on the same Epic sailing and the price for 2 (with the CAS offer of a comped mini-suite) was going to be $3303.oo, so I think the deal for the 2 bedroom was a good deal for 4 of us.

To answer your question, I guess it would depend on what ship and which sailing you are interested in.

The CAS rep did tell me that the Epic has the most 2 bedroom villa's of any NCL ship, so the ability to upgrade on the Epic to a 2 bedroom is a bit easier.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vinegarjoe

Hi Cecil,

When I called CAS they told me that offered 'comp' depends on the ship and the sailing that I was interested in. I told them I was interested in the Epic 12/9/17-12/16/17 and the rep said CAS would comp me the value of a mini-suite.

This sailing also had 3rd and 4th guests sail free.

The NCL website price point for the sailing was $7411.00, inclusive of the 3rd and 4th guests sailing free.

I was charged $4513.56 through CAS.

So after the CAS Admin Fees for 2 guests ($200.00 each) and the port charges/taxes for 4 guests ($613.56), the total savings was $2898.

Before I booked the 2 bedroom villa I asked for a CAS price quote on a haven aft penthouse on the same Epic sailing and the price for 2 (with the CAS offer of a comped mini-suite) was going to be $3303.oo, so I think the deal for the 2 bedroom was a good deal for 4 of us.

To answer your question, I guess it would depend on what ship and which sailing you are interested in.

The CAS rep did tell me that the Epic has the most 2 bedroom villa's of any NCL ship, so the ability to upgrade on the Epic to a 2 bedroom is a bit easier.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vinegarjoe

Thank you so much Joe, sounds like we are in simular situation

Except there are only 2 of us and are doing a b2b.

I will give them a call tomm.

Thanks again Cecil

Same for me as Vinegarjoe10. I booked a CAS comped cruise today, and upgraded to the DOS on the 2018 13-night Epic Transatlantic. Paid the admin fee ($325pp - because of cruise length?), got all of the 'free at sea' offers, but only got $50 OBC for the inside comp. She told me to call back when I return from my Epic sailing in 2 weeks to re-evaluate and hopefully bump up the comp. I also didn't pay any of the 18% service fees for UBP or the dining plan. Definitely the most I've ever paid for a cruise, but I figure you only celebrate retirement once, right? :o

• 2 weeks later...
I'm solo & I booked last week but the booked wrong itinerary so I called today they rebooked & I got OBC. They won't let me upgrade to suite because I'm solo. I used to always get suites.
I just booked another cruise and I sail solo and I was able upgrade to a suite, so you might want to call back and speak with a different representative.

• 3 weeks later...
If you upgrade to a Suite or Haven class stateroom from a comped offer, CAS now gives you all the Suite/Haven free at sea perks and you do not have to pay the 18% fee on the beverage or dining package

This was my experience as well. It would be great if the Admin fees went away or were lessened. I asked when I booked and was told they were still in affect. anyine hear otherwise please post here :D

This was my experience as well. It would be great if the Admin fees went away or were lessened. I asked when I booked and was told they were still in affect. anyine hear otherwise please post here :D

The admin fees dropped to $20 per day on all cruises about a week ago.

Also the CAS program will be revamped again on April 1st. I do not have details but my rep did confirm changes were coming on that day (At least this time they are starting it at the end/beginning of the new period and not midway through the year). Stay tuned for details........

Would cancel and rebook my Aug cruise but was able to get 3rd person free on Aug 26 cruise so can bring my grand daughter for $135. No other summer cruises have that promo and in fact, it disappeared from that cruise day after I booked.

Also the CAS program will be revamped again on April 1st. I do not have details but my rep did confirm changes were coming on that day (At least this time they are starting it at the end/beginning of the new period and not midway through the year). Stay tuned for details........

Interested to see what the changes are going to be! And I can verify the lesser admin fees - I called and repriced my 13 night Epic TA yesterday since I've just returned from another cruise. My admin fees dropped from approx $325pp to $260pp. And my comp bumped up from an Inside to a Family Balcony - not huge, but I'll take any extra bit I can get off of that H2! :D

Sounds exciting and scary!!!! I do like the Lat. Tier changes so hopefully CAS will follow suit and enhance the program as well. Thanks for the info!:D

Phyllis