Gatlinburg TN Wildfire refugee and rebooking

Sadric

Hello everyone. As a refresher, My wife and I, my mother in law and son had booked one SA suite and one SB Suite for an early December Eurodam sailing then horror struck my hometown of Gatlinburg TN. Half the cities homes burnt down and 50 commercial buildings. It was very bad. I am the General Manager of the largest employer in the city and could not go as I had to find homes for 33 staff members and get the city back in order. Luckily I had the platinum coverage and HA was pretty good about rebooking us although ultimately it cost quite a bit more as we are now going Jan 7 (this week). My wife and I were rebooked in a SA (7070) which was almost as good as our other room but my MIL and Son were put in a SB Guarantee. The cabin has been assigned to a SC grade cabin (6175). This doesn't seem right. Do guarantee cabins go down??

Thanks

Why is that?

The aft wrap suites have the largest balconies. They are usually partially covered offering shade and protection from the weather. Since they wrap around the stern and side, they offer unparalleled views. We much prefer these suites even if you do have a bit of a walk to the lounge. The only other issue for you is that you will be on two different decks but deck six is pretty close to deck seven.

This thread should give you more information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1702399

You can also google eurodam aft suite photographs.

or you tube has some excellent videos.

I don't understand what you mean when you say: "It says its a SB on the main map but when you click on it it shows SC." I've clicked on it and all that happens is I'm moved to the video.

Edited by RocketMan275

Hello everyone. As a refresher, My wife and I, my mother in law and son had booked one SA suite and one SB Suite for an early December Eurodam sailing then horror struck my hometown of Gatlinburg TN. Half the cities homes burnt down and 50 commercial buildings. It was very bad. I am the General Manager of the largest employer in the city and could not go as I had to find homes for 33 staff members and get the city back in order. Luckily I had the platinum coverage and HA was pretty good about rebooking us although ultimately it cost quite a bit more as we are now going Jan 7 (this week). My wife and I were rebooked in a SA (7070) which was almost as good as our other room but my MIL and Son were put in a SB Guarantee. The cabin has been assigned to a SC grade cabin (6175). This doesn't seem right. Do guarantee cabins go down??

Thanks

As I believe others have said SR 6175 is an SB Neptune Aft Wraparound cabin as shown in HAL's most recent cruise book. They are very nice and have become popular. If you use the Neptune Lounge it is a bit of a hike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mllewis48

Sorry to hear about the terrible fire to you very scenic town! My now past friend was a part owner of a local supermarket in Gatlinburg (I think it was an IGA) and I visited him there several times.

As to cabin 6175, it is an SB and corner aft-wrap (very large balcony). You must be looking at an old deck plan, as about 2-3 years ago HAL changed the letter assignments to MANY cabins on all of their ships and before that 6175 was indeed an SC.

OMG They're booked in a corner aft wrap! I'd take that over an SA any day! We cruised in SB8147 on the Westerdam to Alaska and the balcony is incredible. I predict you will ALL be spending a lot of time together on that balcony. We could easily have fit a good size crowd out there 15 or 20 people. There were 2 chaise lounge chairs, 2 chairs with foot stools, and a table with 4 chairs, and that was just on the back facing part. I would book an aft wrap again in a heart beat!

This is pics of our aft wrap:

We were upgraded from an SS to one of those SC cabins on the Oosterdam a few years ago, and I almost had to call security to get my Dear Wife to leave upon disembarkation! They are awesome cabins! Yes it is a hike to the Neptune Lounge but still very much worth the hike back to the cabin!!! :D

Congrats on the awesome cabin! We LOVE to cruise in the aft wraps! Once you stay in one, you'll never want to be anywhere else!! We are booked for a Mediterranean cruise in September 2017 and Alaska in May 2018 in aft wrap cabins on the Westerdam.

I think it was in 2014 that they changed the category of the aft wraps from SC to SB because of their popularity.

You're going to be sorry you didn't get that SB instead of an SA!

I'm not sure I'd even take the PS over the aft corner balcony. Best rooms onboard, in my mind.

We debated that when we booked an aft wrap and decided to check the no changes or upgrades box. We decided we preferred the aft wrap balcony to the penthouse.

We debated that when we booked an aft wrap and decided to check the no changes or upgrades box. We decided we preferred the aft wrap balcony to the penthouse.

We did the same. I doubt I'd ever be called for the Pinnacle Suite but I definitely wouldn't trade the aft corner for an SA.

We mark "do not upgrade" on our aft wrap bookings and twice have still been offered an upsell to the Penthouse (I think free upgrades to the Penthouse are VERY rare!).