Maya Chan private beach club vs ncl excursion

b.cruising

Maya Chan is absolutely wonderful! We go there whenever we port at Costa Maya. It is owned by wonderful people- they cook a delicious meal and the bar pours drinks all day long! There are paddle boards, kayaks, and floats to use.

You will not regret spending your day at Maya Chan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, we did the beach break through NCL back in 2014. I was not pleased that you could not return to the ship when you wanted like it said when I booked it. You either left early or had to wait until they called your group (which we did) but we barely got back to the ship (technically we were late). Also, you have to buy your own lunch and it was a long wait to get our food.

We are booked for Maya Chan for our cruise in February. I think it will be more relaxing and a better value for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Happy to report that I was able to get a reservation at Maya chan!! It looks amazing and I can't wait!! 😎 Thanks again everyone cheers🍷

Do be prepared for about a 20 -25 minute very bumpy ride. The road down there is mostly dirt and pretty washed out in spots. But....they will take good care of you and insure you are back to the ship on time.

Water was beautiful when I was there a few years ago. the turbidity of the water in the pictures could be from runoff from recent storm events.

When I was in Sanibel, FL last winter - the water was very murky. It was due to FL having massive amounts of rain and storm events the month prior. Still a disappointment when I was there, but good to know it wasn't a permanent thing.

That area of the beach is not like the Cozumel beautiful blue water, and it does have a huge quantity of sea grass. Maya Chan has an employee working full time in the water removing sea grass. However their small roped off area is still great for just floating around on the floats provided while sipping a beverage. The experience is about just relaxing rather than engaging in activities.

From the videos I have seen the water looks are muddy and not clear like most Caribbean waters.

I wouldn't call it "muddy" - there's just sand being tossed around due to the fact that it's rather shallow for the first 50' or so.

9311ed5aa11cec9645c4af4a02e5b2d4.jpg

No worries, nothing that prevents your drink from being delivered in a timely fashion...

fb90bcc9668a93115ecee4b52b572165.jpg

179d1988d60463dfc2d12a35110b6c95.jpg

d03a1f179b6f7eaf30acce4ea9c6d4f3.jpg

The beach itself is gorgeous...

81de34247431d45f06f2794c30e7088e.jpg

But it's the staff that makes it special.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums