Cabanas

Tananda

Hello all! Mom and I are taking our first HA cruise in April on the NA. We aren't big on beaches or pool time but do like to relax with a good book and watch the ocean go by. We have short tours booked in each port except Half Moon Cay. I was considering surprising her with a cabana. Those of you who have rented a cabana in the past, what are your thoughts? Is the retreat cabana much better than the others?

I appreciate hearing about any experiences and/or opinions.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We were on HMC last week. We rented a cabana and it was a great experience. We had the gray cabana which is number 11. It was far enough away from the dock that it was not crowded on the beach. The lounge chairs are comfortable and there is a fan on the porch and an air conditioner in the cabana. You get drinks and snacks. I would definitely book it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on HMC last week. We rented a cabana and it was a great experience. We had the gray cabana which is number 11. It was far enough away from the dock that it was not crowded on the beach. The lounge chairs are comfortable and there is a fan on the porch and an air conditioner in the cabana. You get drinks and snacks. I would definitely book it again!

Pretty sure the OP is talking about the on board cabanas. Note the question about Retreat cabanas.

I just tried today to book a Retreat Cabana today for my 4 nighter in April. The agent had no idea how to book it for anything that short. She asked her supervisor and came back with if I wanted to pay for a full 7 days, I could :eek: The alternative she offered was to wait until I am onbard. I'm going to have to do the HUCA dance for awhile until I get what I need...

*HUCA = "Hang Up Call Again"

Thank you for responding. Yes, I am referring to the onboard cabanas. There were several of both types available when I called yesterday. I have tried searches and keep getting feedback on land cabanas. I think I will book one...just need to determine Lido or Retreat.

You will love it in MHO, we were able to secure one for sea days only while on a Baltic cruise. Just what the Dr. Ordered if you like to relax, read, watch the world go by, be pampered, waited on and enjoy those frozen grapes and chocolate covered strawberries while sipping champagne in the afternoon. Unfortunately my next cruise does not have cabanas or I would be booking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for responding. Yes, I am referring to the onboard cabanas. There were several of both types available when I called yesterday. I have tried searches and keep getting feedback on land cabanas. I think I will book one...just need to determine Lido or Retreat.

Retreat

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you want relaxing and quiet, go with the Retreat. If you want a place by the pool, go with the Lido.

The Retreat is very relaxing and serene and provides great service.