Dream Drydock

backnine05

Same.

I have read that it is definitely getting the Pig & Anchor BBQ.

There is speculation that it is getting Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, and Alchemy but no official word.

I'm curious if they will add things like the 4D theater, Red Frog Pub, and the ropes course. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by NightOne

Same.

I have read that it is definitely getting the Pig & Anchor BBQ.

There is speculation that it is getting Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, and Alchemy but no official word.

I'm curious if they will add things like the 4D theater, Red Frog Pub, and the ropes course. :)

Based on what I saw for the schedule, she is only in Dry Dock for 2 weeks. She probably wont get the ropes course, 4d theater, as they are structural rebuilds..

I think you are more likely to see the basic 2.0 upgrades, new carpet, and house keeping fixes and that is about it.

You really need 4 weeks for the major structural changes.

It's probably going to get the equipment for the HUB app since it's one of the few ships in the fleet without it.

I doubt it will get a Guys because it has been said there is no place to put it on the Dream.

I cannot find the post, but John Heald said in the last few weeks that the Dream would be getting a Guy's Burger in the dry dock. If I remember correctly he also said, BBQ, the Alchemy bar, a Red Frog Pub, and a Blue Iguana.

It's probably going to get the equipment for the HUB app since it's one of the few ships in the fleet without it.

I doubt it will get a Guys because it has been said there is no place to put it on the Dream.

If the Dream is the sister ship to the Breeze and the Magic, and they both have a Guys burger joint, how could there be no place for it on the Dream?

If the Dream is the sister ship to the Breeze and the Magic, and they both have a Guys burger joint, how could there be no place for it on the Dream?

The Breeze was built with guys onboard and on the Magic they replaced "of the grill" with Guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url

We were on the Dream for their Christmas cruise a few weeks ago and took the Behind the Fun tour. During the tour, they mentioned a few items that the Dream would be getting during drydock:

Carnival Hub app

Guy's Burger

New carpet in most of the public spaces

New stage and stage shows (moving from old-style review shows to the 2.0 shows - whatever those are)

Deep cleaning

Fixing "a few" unspecified mechanical issues

CJ

I asked John Heald on Facebook today if he had any information. This was his reply which I was very excited about:

"Here you go mate, lots of upgrades and I wish you a brilliant time. cheers

• Pizzeria del Capitano (deck 10 aft)

• Blue Iguana Cantina (deck 10 midship)

• Guy’s Burger Joint (deck 10 midship)

• Pig and Anchor BBQ (Lanai deck 5)

• Bonsai Sushi Restaurant (Promenade deck 5)

• Alchemy Bar (Promenade deck 5)"

I am sure there are other things like carpet, stage, etc but the ones above were the highlights.

Technically I think that is Cucina del Capitano

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/cucina-del-capitano

which is free at lunch (and replaces Pasta Bella) and an upcharge of $15 for dinner.

I don't think they do pizza and that Pizza Pirate still stays as is.

Also, Pasta Bella is currently deck 11 and would be my guess as to where it is going based on the Breeze and Magic.

Edited by NightOne

Technically I think that is Cucina del Capitano

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/cucina-del-capitano

which is free at lunch (and replaces Pasta Bella) and an upcharge of $15 for dinner.

I don't think they do pizza and that Pizza Pirate still stays as is.

Also, Pasta Bella is currently deck 11 and would be my guess as to where it is going based on the Breeze and Magic.

Pizzeria Del Capitano is just a pizza place. Its currently on just a few ships. I wonder if it will be going where Pizza Pirate is right now or if it's going in the back and the deli is moving and its going in place of the deli. They may have to move some things to make space for the cantina as well.

Edited by Athankfulheart

Pizzeria Del Capitano is just a pizza place. Its currently on just a few ships. I wonder if it will be going where Pizza Pirate is right now or if it's going in the back and the deli is moving and its going in place of the deli. They may have to move some things to make space for the cantina as well.

Thanks for the heads up. I had never even heard of Pizzeria Del Capitano until I just Googled it. Looks like it is currently only on Magic, Sunshine, and Vista.

I just did some searching here and it looks like the menu for Pizzeria Del Capitano and Pizza Pirate are the same but the new Pizzeria Del Capitano uses different purpose built pizza ovens which make them slightly different. So my guess is that it replaces Pizza Pirate. (even if not in same location)

So I wonder if that means Pasta Bella stays as is and there will be no Cucina Del Capitano ???

Edited by NightOne

I think they would make the same moves as they did on the Magic.

Pizza to old Deli location.

Deli to old burrito bar location.

Blue Iguana to old Pizza location.

Guys to old Grill location. :)

I asked John Heald on Facebook today if he had any information. This was his reply which I was very excited about:

I am sure there are other things like carpet, stage, etc but the ones above were the highlights.

Good to know!! Thanks for the information!😊

I hope they're not getting rid of Tandoor for the pizzeria. That change would make me so sad.

So the 2 times we've been on the Dream we loved the hamburgers fresh off the grill by the pool. If they add Guy's will they still have these?? I sure do hope so!!

It will almost certainly be gone... they won't have 2 burger places. Youll have to just get Guys plain burger. Should be pretty similar.