Bliss updates?

RMS Olympic

Spoke wth NCL this morning to find out if rumors on Facebook are valid. That bliss Ta will be to New York instead of Miami...was told yes. Transit time was 12 days....so I guess I will book the first Alaska cruise. I also inquired as to the winter schedule ....was told she would sail Caribbean out of Miami starting in November....did not expect that. Can't wait to see what really happens as NCL loves to make changes .

I was predicting just yesterday that they would send Bliss to Boston at the end of her Alaska season, especially given that she's designed for cold-weather cruising. So they'll have Escape--built for hot weather--in NY and Bliss--built for cold weather--in Miami. Yep, I see the logic. ;)

I must admit moving her to Miami seems odd, I thought she ovule go to Australia as the New Zealand route is not exactly warm.

I also was planning on doing the crossing as I expected her to sail to Miami taking about 10 days. Not that interested in 12 days to NY.....so I guess it will be her first Alaska trip out of Seattle. As I am sailing Ruby Princess this September to Alaska out of Seattle that will make two years in a row. The 12 day crossing with flying in a day early expands the trip out to 2 weeks....too long to keep the pooch boarded. But I might chance it....but how to keep occupied on a 12 day crossing???

Once this booking is made the next target will be the Celebrity Edge sailing Niv 2018. Then Jan or Feb 2019 it will be Princess to either New Zealand or PApua New Guinea. I see you are booked on Sea Princess in 2018.....where ya going?

I must admit moving her to Miami seems odd, I thought she ovule go to Australia as the New Zealand route is not exactly warm.

I also was planning on doing the crossing as I expected her to sail to Miami taking about 10 days. Not that interested in 12 days to NY.....so I guess it will be her first Alaska trip out of Seattle. As I am sailing Ruby Princess this September to Alaska out of Seattle that will make two years in a row. The 12 day crossing with flying in a day early expands the trip out to 2 weeks....too long to keep the pooch boarded. But I might chance it....but how to keep occupied on a 12 day crossing???

Once this booking is made the next target will be the Celebrity Edge sailing Niv 2018. Then Jan or Feb 2019 it will be Princess to either New Zealand or PApua New Guinea. I see you are booked on Sea Princess in 2018.....where ya going?

That Sea Princess cruise is 10 nights out of Sydney up the east coast to the Great Barrier Reef and back. I've never been to Australia, so I'm super excited about that cruise. It seems like most folks want to see NZ; I want to see Australia. Bondi Beach! :D

I'm supposed to take my youngest niece on a cruise in June 2018 as a high school graduation present. Since I'm likely to bring her dad/my brother, too, Bliss seems like a good choice provided I can have my own studio cabin. NCL sure is slow with the info for Bliss given that bookings open in the next few weeks and we don't even know if there will be studios. Or a race track.

But I might chance it....but how to keep occupied on a 12 day crossing???

Did a Transatlantic from Dover to Miami for 13 days on the SUN and had a really good time. There was enough to keep me busy on a ship that really didn't offer any bells and whistles. We did port at Lisbon and were scheduled to go to Ponta Delgada which we missed due to rough seas. :(

The long crossings are truly great for totally decompressing and letting the body destress. I found it wonderful.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Not sure if it's already been posted but my pcc called today to tell me he's able to book starting 1/18.

Ooh, thanks for that tidbit. That's the first date I have seen, and I've been trolling every thread having to do with ms Norwegian Bliss. Hopefully NCL will give us some information, oh, like deck plans and cabin configurations!!, before they open the ship for sale.

BTW, I did some deep digging for Joy deck plans, and I don't think they exist on the Internet. All the "deck plans" websites have Escape deck plans, and we all know that Escape and Bliss are fundamentally different ships. As different or more so than Dawn-class and Jewel-class.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Will itineraries be coming out the 10th, and then bookings start the 18th? I've heard both dates.... So excited for this!! :)

I don't know when itineraries will come out, but my TA at Norwegian is going to call me the 18th with quotes for 2018 Alaska for inside, outside and balcony...gave him the 2 weeks in the summer that we are interested in...can't wait! I've never been to Alaska! Hoping to get a balcony for the fresh air, but I will do an inside if I have to! Need extra money for the Alaska excursions! Some of them are expensive! Hoping to book the day he calls!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When is maiden voyage supposed to be?

I would be interested in a new ship doing the Mexican Riviera. Will be cruising NCL for the first time next year, hoping that I like it so I can plan more on the new ships.

"Under construction at Meyer Werft, Norwegian Bliss is scheduled for delivery in spring 2018. After a trans-Atlantic cruise and a Panama Canal transit through the new locks, the ship will sail north along the US West Coast, reaching Seattle for the start of the summer season.

Weekly Inside Passage cruises will call at Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Victoria, BC, along with scenic glacier cruising."

Depending of if and how long Bliss will stay in Europe (could be a few days up to a season ;) ). I am not sure what time peak season is in Alaska but I bet NCL wants her over before that! :)

Earlier this week I was told the Bliss would do a 12 day transatlantic to New York with a stop in the Azores and another stop in Bermuda. I can't see sailing to Bermuda only to turn north to go to New York and then turn around to go to Miami. I was also told that after the first Alaska season she will sp nd time ping the Mexican riviera in October into November before heading to Miami for a winter season. Now this morning I have been told sales will begin on the 11th. So I have no idea what to expect...hope the schedule is posted on the 10th so I can decide what to book the following day or on the 18th or who knows when. So confuuuuzed😝

Earlier this week I was told the Bliss would do a 12 day transatlantic to New York with a stop in the Azores and another stop in Bermuda. I can't see sailing to Bermuda only to turn north to go to New York and then turn around to go to Miami. I was also told that after the first Alaska season she will sp nd time ping the Mexican riviera in October into November before heading to Miami for a winter season. Now this morning I have been told sales will begin on the 11th. So I have no idea what to expect...hope the schedule is posted on the 10th so I can decide what to book the following day or on the 18th or who knows when. So confuuuuzed😝

The guy I talked to did not mention New York at all. I don't think even they really know! :confused:

The schedules and clues that have been released thus far make the following itineraries likely:

4/??/18 - Transatlantic T.B.D.

5/11/18 - 14-Day Panama Canal from Miami

5/25/18 - 2-Day Weekend Cruise from L.A. (Ensenada?)

5/27/18 - 5-Day Pacific Coastal from L.A. to Vancouver

6/1/18 - 8-Day Alaska from Vancouver to Seattle*

6/9/18 through 9/15/18 - 7-Day Alaska from Seattle

9/22/18 - 8-Day Alaska from Seattle to Vancouver*

9/30/18 - 5-Day Pacific Coastal from Vancouver to L.A.

10/5/18 - 8-Day Mexican Riviera from L.A.

10/13/18 through 10/27/18 - 7-Day Mexican Riviera from L.A.

11/3/18 - 14-Day Panama Canal from L.A. to Miami

11/17/18 through 04/19 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean from Miami

* or 1-Day Repositioning plus 7-Day Alaska from Seattle

12-Day Transatlantic from London (Southampton)

4/21/18 - 5/3/18

Day Cruise Ports Arrive Depart

Sat Southampton (London), England (EMBARK) --- 5:00 pm

Sun At Sea --- ---

Mon At Sea --- ---

Tue At Sea --- ---

Wed Ponta Delgada, Azores 6:00 pm ---

Thu At Sea --- ---

Fri At Sea --- ---

Sat At Sea --- ---

Sun At Sea --- ---

Mon Halifax, Nova Scotia 6:00 pm ---