Get ready for Ocean Medallion Class™

IECalCruiser

If what you're talking about is a B2B, they'll likely treat it the same as they currently do with the cruise cards.

Unfortunately Princess is not treating the November 5th & 13th Regal Princess sailings as a normal B2B. I booked the two cruises back in January before this Medallion business became such an issue; and the more I see, hear and read about that; the less I like it. But that's a different matter. When I booked the two cruises, my Princess Vacation Planner tried to, but could not, link the two cruises as a B2B. She was unable to find out why they couldn’t be linked at the time; but we found it was because the 2nd of the two was the first “Medallion Class” a short time later.

While I have the same cabin booked for both cruises, I have to debark like any passenger doing just one cruise along with my luggage and embark on the two night cruise as a totally separate cruise; I can’t even leave my luggage on-board between the two cruises. Plus, there has been one issue after another pop up with these two November cruises that I am about ready to cancel every Princess cruise I have booked that isn't in the penalty window, forget about Princess Elite and put the money elsewhere, say towards Diamond Plus with Royal Caribbean.

For those who are concerned about fraudulent charges made on a lost medallion, I would suggest that Princess would install procedures similar to those used by credit card issuers when a credit card is lost or stolen, or maybe this is a better example, the loss of a hotel key card.

If a passenger loses his/her medallion, he/she should report the loss to the Guest Services Desk as soon as possible. A new medallion will be issued to the passenger and the old, now lost, one will be marked as "lost" on the ship's system. This will effectively disable the lost medallion. If it is presented on the ship for goods or services, it will not be honored, and the clerk/bartender/service provider will have been instructed to confiscate the lost medallion. He/she might even be trained to summon ship's security.

Of course, it is then the responsibility of the passenger who lost the medallion to start carefully monitoring his/her folio immediately. Any suspicious activity should be reported to the Guest Services Desk as soon as possible. If Princess is reasonable assured that a charge is fraudulent, they will remove it. If the passenger does not report suspicious transactions before leaving the ship, my opinion is that they have no recourse. Princess provides the capability for passengers to conveniently review their folio as often as they would like. Excuses such as "I forgot" or "I didn't have the time," just will not fly....

I don't understand all the fuss. If a lost medallion is on the ship, it sure seems they'd be able to locate it quickly. Even if it wasn't yet reported lost, when a charge is made the medallion owner's photo is displayed on the POS terminal for verification that it's the correct person making the purchase. The photo feature has already been announced by Princess. It's not speculation.

I don't understand all the fuss. If a lost medallion is on the ship, it sure seems they'd be able to locate it quickly. Even if it wasn't yet reported lost, when a charge is made the medallion owner's photo is displayed on the POS terminal for verification that it's the correct person making the purchase. The photo feature has already been announced by Princess. It's not speculation.

Theoretically your spouse should be able to find the lost Medallion. :D

Or at least a crew member if the PSD is notified. ;)

I tried that already, my vacation planner there hadn’t gone to class on the Medallion Class yet she suggested I call back sometime around early to mid-August, she may know something then; and I am booked on the Nov 13 Regal sailing. The final payment on that cruise is due in mid-August.

All I wanted to know was how far in advance they would be sending out the medallions at that point. I am on the Nov 5th sailing of the Royal as well as the 5th; and am concerned about the medallion not arriving before I left for the first of the two cruises. I honestly think their vacation planners have been kept in the dark as much as everyone else about what is going on with specifics about OCEAN Medallion Class. All she seems to know about it so far is will give me the greatest cruise experience I have ever had; but can’t tell me why.:(:confused:

I'm sure they've got a plan to provide a Medallion on the ship. Many people vacation prior to their cruise & will run up against the same thing.

I'm sure they've got a plan to provide a Medallion on the ship. Many people vacation prior to their cruise & will run up against the same thing.

Princess says they are going to mail the medallions to your home in advance of the cruise.

Some (perhaps large) number of cruisers will show up at the port and ask "What medallion?"

I predict that the mail-in-advance feature won't last...

Unfortunately Princess is not treating the November 5th & 13th Regal Princess sailings as a normal B2B.

That's because the ship is out of service for one night (Sunday Nov 12) -- to cut over to the medallions.

Not only will you have to take all your luggage off the ship, you will have to find a hotel for the one night.

Below are the two voyages, you can see the break.

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=G734

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=G735P

Princess says they are going to mail the medallions to your home in advance of the cruise.

Some (perhaps large) number of cruisers will show up at the port and ask "What medallion?"

I think you may be right about that. Didn't they stop mailing the docs to save money?

So what's the difference now?

Maybe publicity? ;)

tough to say... if we look to Disneyworld as the trailblazer on wearable technology like this, they've been advance mailing their magic bands in advance of hotel check ins for a while now.

but they also do a great job of hyping them as a collectable that you can custom choose with a character. i don't think the medallion will have the same cache.

I don't understand the fuss either. I am sure over the years with thousands of people sailing daily someone must have lost their cruise card at some point. Not everyone punches a hole in it and attaches it to a lanyard.

I don't understand the fuss either. I am sure over the years with thousands of people sailing daily someone must have lost their cruise card at some point. Not everyone punches a hole in it and attaches it to a lanyard.

I've found cruise cards a few times in the past & could have easily charged drinks, shop items. With a photo attached to the Medallion it becomes much tougher, assuming they check when a purchase is made.

:')

i think it's a sign we've reached the bottom of the barrel for complaints :')

That's because the ship is out of service for one night (Sunday Nov 12) -- to cut over to the medallions.

Not only will you have to take all your luggage off the ship, you will have to find a hotel for the one night.

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=G735P

that's a rough one when you thought you booked a b2b!

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=G735P[/quot

Too bad LEERB didn't notice that his/her two cruises were not back to back!!! I hope he/she now realizes this and has made reservation for the night of the 12th at a hotel!

Pooh

Thank God. Just hope they don't start grasping at straws.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not a problem. I understand that because of waste and being blown overboard, straws are no longer being offered. It's also a cost-cutting measure. :evilsmile:

I called Princess as this is an issue for us since we are mobile and have a traveling mail box. They said that they will be mailed out 4 weeks prior to the cruise no exceptions. We are in an RV and are only in a place up to a week which means we will not get them Asked if we can get at the port and it was a resounding NO> If you do not have it when you arrive it will be a standard cruise card. Makes no sense.

Well I bet Princess won't be mailing a Medallion to me here in Spain, and even if they try to, mail to the island I live on takes forever to arrive.

Not a problem. I understand that because of waste and being blown overboard, straws are no longer being offered. It's also a cost-cutting measure. :evilsmile:

As of when? What ship?

It's a joke. :evilsmile:

We are in an RV and are only in a place up to a week which means we will not get them Asked if we can get at the port and it was a resounding NO> If you do not have it when you arrive it will be a standard cruise card. Makes no sense.

This is fantastic news!

All the people who are so worried about their arnold donald invading their privacy,

can 'accidently' forget their medallions.

Seems odd though, I think if one of the FAQs, mentions if you lose your medallion on board you can get it replaced.

This is fantastic news!

All the people who are so worried about their arnold donald invading their privacy,

can 'accidently' forget their medallions.

Seems odd though, I think if one of the FAQs, mentions if you lose your medallion on board you can get it replaced.

And they post thousands of times on CC , and who knows elsewhere, leaving their identities all over the Internet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=G735P[/quot

Too bad LEERB didn't notice that his/her two cruises were not back to back!!! I hope he/she now realizes this and has made reservation for the night of the 12th at a hotel!

Pooh

Like I said yesterday; I knew that weren't a B2B when I booked them. My Princess VP just didn’t know why until they announced that the second cruise would be the first “Medallion Class” cruise. I have had reservations for the lay overnight since February. My posting was in response to a post that was talking about it as if it were a normal B2B.

The only issue I have with the layover currently is the change in sailing times on the 13th from 4 PM to 9 PM. Now I have to figure out what to do from noon on the 13th (hotel check out time), until they will let us board (probably around 5-6 P); in addition to the time from we debark on the 12th to when I can check into the hotel (approx 3PM) for the overnight stay.