Lance

Lance romance

Welcome to Cruise Critic

Two things that will help you in the future.

Instead of your user name, provide a topic of your thread (post)

The rules here prohibit members discussing Travel Agents.

Bob

We don't know your budget or your wants for a cruise like that. Best value for the dollar means different things to people. And we can't name travel agents or agencies on any of these boards. You'll have to do your own research for agencies and prices.

You don't need to post the same question more than once on a board. Sometimes it can take a day or more to get responses.

Also, look at the top of this page and you'll see a place for a title. Please, put some kind of indication of what you're asking about in that title box so people know what you're asking. If you don't put a question in that box, it will default to your screen name, Lance.

Hi lance romance, can't compare Asian river cruises, we've done many European river cruises with several different companies and have sailed the most (8 times) with Viking. That said, January 2016 we did a trip with Avalon for our visit to Vietnam & Cambodia as their itinerary was more to our liking. All we can say is it was excellent! It was part land and 7 nights on the Mekong, beginning in Hanoi, we went in early on our own before the group met and we ended in Siem Reap. Our hotels were very nice, the tour size wonderfully, a total of 36 I believe. The ship was great, we were on the Siem Reap, ship name also, it was nice having only 18 cabins, everyone got along well and it was one of our favorite trips. I'd suggest looking at the different itineraries different companies offer and then make my decision.

One major thing (for us) to look at was timing, I think Jan & Feb are the drier months but it was still quite warm once we left Hanoi. Not a deal breaker but timing could make a difference. Just be prepared.

If you want any info let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums