I want to cancel my cruise .I don't trust MSC

GOLDENBONNY

:mad: Not enough for all problems we had on cruise , we got our phone bill now and I have $69.00 charge for Vietnam call :mad::mad: I was stupid enough not to put my phone in safe and room steward made a call. I send my complain to MSC yesterday but I am sure I will not get any answer . I hope you read this board MSC because right now you are loosing your very very loyal customer.

How do you know the room steward made the phone call? Did you actually see this person using your phone?

The number called is what could lead the cruiseline to a possible crew member if they actually looked into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Assumption does not equate to being guilty. Unless the Vietnam phone number is associated with the room steward, it proves nothing. I also have never heard of an Iphone that does not require a pass code to activate the screen. How did the room steward crack the Iphone pass code to make the call?

:mad: Not enough for all problems we had on cruise , we got our phone bill now and I have $69.00 charge for Vietnam call :mad::mad: I was stupid enough not to put my phone in safe and room steward made a call. I send my complain to MSC yesterday but I am sure I will not get any answer . I hope you read this board MSC because right now you are loosing your very very loyal customer.

You are blaming someone without proof.

Assumption does not equate to being guilty. Unless the Vietnam phone number is associated with the room steward, it proves nothing. I also have never heard of an Iphone that does not require a pass code to activate the screen. How did the room steward crack the Iphone pass code to make the call?

How do you know it's an I phone.

I can't wait to get to the end of this.

I think the fact that the phone was used at a time that the owner was not present and when the phone was in the room and the only person who had access was cruiseline staff - I think that would be sufficient for MSC to commence an investigation!

Were you off the ship at the time the call was made!

Edited by tomvet

Unless my phone calls to Vietnam by itself it was a cabin steward or any other crew member who has a key. I don't have iPhone plus my husband iPhone has no code as well.

I can't wait to get to the end of this.

I think the fact that the phone was used at a time that the owner was not present and when the phone was in the room and the only person who had access was cruiseline staff - I think that would be sufficient for MSC to commence an investigation!

Were you off the ship at the time the call was made!

I really don't believe they would do any investigation. We were on ship for sure . We always leave our phone and any other valuable items in safe when we are out. We just went to get some coffee for 30 min.

I would chill till I found out how MSC handles it. On one DCL cruise we had a HORRIBLE room host. At tip time I gave him 50% of the recommended, but double to the guy who serviced the cabin belonging to my son and mom...he was fabulous. Anyway, loser host slit mine and DH's luggage after getting his 50% tip. DCL paid for the luggage, it wasn't the next day or anything, but a month or two. All good.

Also, won't your cell phone carrier cancel the charge?

I don't have a pass code on my iPhone...

my husband iPhone has no code as well.

I don't have a pass code on my iPhone...

:eek: Please install one asap. If someone gets hold of your Iphone, your private info, contact list, call history, text messages, pictures etc are in peril.

So, cancel your cruise and go somewhere you are more comfortable.

Having said that, and not to be ornery, but safes are provided for a reason. People are people and everyone does bad things sometimes. You did by leaving your phone accessible even though there are warnings to lock up all your valuables and not leave them unattended.

The caller also did by choosing to pick up your unsecured/unlocked phone and using it.

I hope MSC does reverse those charges for you so that you will feel better. However, I also think it's somewhat unfair for you to blame an entire cruise line for this when you freely admit that you did not secure your phone. Of course, I work in IT and we hear this stuff all the time. It is incredibly hard to deal with charge reimbursement and I always wonder how people are not concerned with their personal items. It reminds me of back in the day when I worked as an order agent and when I'd ask for a CC number, the amount of people who'd need to "run to their car to get it" was astounding. I could never understand why someone would leave a credit card in their vehicle.

Anyway, this is not a slam to you. But I do hope it is a lesson learned for you and if it makes you feel better, choose a different line. But always secure that phone because everyone in the world is not you. And many in the world will freely take what is offered.

So somebody entered your cabin, unlocked you safe, picked your phone to call Vietnam and left? Are you sure it wasn't your husband :D

Kidding, but were other items disturbed? It would give weight to your complaint with msc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LOl no, phone was left on table .

So, cancel your cruise and go somewhere you are more comfortable.

Having said that, and not to be ornery, but safes are provided for a reason. People are people and everyone does bad things sometimes. You did by leaving your phone accessible even though there are warnings to lock up all your valuables and not leave them unattended.

The caller also did by choosing to pick up your unsecured/unlocked phone and using it.

I hope MSC does reverse those charges for you so that you will feel better. However, I also think it's somewhat unfair for you to blame an entire cruise line for this when you freely admit that you did not secure your phone. Of course, I work in IT and we hear this stuff all the time. It is incredibly hard to deal with charge reimbursement and I always wonder how people are not concerned with their personal items. It reminds me of back in the day when I worked as an order agent and when I'd ask for a CC number, the amount of people who'd need to "run to their car to get it" was astounding. I could never understand why someone would leave a credit card in their vehicle.

Anyway, this is not a slam to you. But I do hope it is a lesson learned for you and if it makes you feel better, choose a different line. But always secure that phone because everyone in the world is not you. And many in the world will freely take what is offered.

I believe you got me wrong. First of all, I don't look to get any compensation from MSC . My phone company will cancel this charge any way. Even if I been stupid enough to leave my phone, it dose not give any right to crew member to use it. The main reason why I complain ,so they could stop it in future . I do blame cruise line for ignoring customers, for not given credits while promised,for unfixed web site etc.. What piss me off it's MSC customer service who dose not even bother to send a sorry letter to show any customer appreciation.

I would chill till I found out how MSC handles it. On one DCL cruise we had a HORRIBLE room host. At tip time I gave him 50% of the recommended, but double to the guy who serviced the cabin belonging to my son and mom...he was fabulous. Anyway, loser host slit mine and DH's luggage after getting his 50% tip. DCL paid for the luggage, it wasn't the next day or anything, but a month or two. All good.

Also, won't your cell phone carrier cancel the charge?

I am chilled by now:p and I will keep my future cruise because I bought flight tickets already but I will think twice before book something else with MSC and I used to be biggest cheer leader for this line. Once again I am not an idiot who stop cruising on certain line because waiter was not good or room was not clean in 15 min. what makes me angry its whole line concept when they ignore you if you have a problem.

I really don't believe they would do any investigation. We were on ship for sure . We always leave our phone and any other valuable items in safe when we are out. We just went to get some coffee for 30 min.

I always leave my iphone or ipad charging and I use the other. I never had a problem, but I'm thinking I'll be putting them in a safe as you never know when you'll get that dishonest crew member assigned to your room.

Sorry to hear that.

I always tell my husband at least put anything of value out of sight. We use finger scan for our iphones and we charge only when we are in the room. I just don't want to give an opportunity to someone.... At least I try to remember to stowe away things - but it is my husband who doesn't care that much. This is strengthen sometimes - to check the cabin before leaving...

• 3 weeks later...