I want to cancel my cruise .I don't trust MSC

GOLDENBONNY

I believe you got me wrong. First of all, I don't look to get any compensation from MSC . My phone company will cancel this charge any way. Even if I been stupid enough to leave my phone, it dose not give any right to crew member to use it. The main reason why I complain ,so they could stop it in future . I do blame cruise line for ignoring customers, for not given credits while promised,for unfixed web site etc.. What piss me off it's MSC customer service who dose not even bother to send a sorry letter to show any customer appreciation.

If MSC had to send a sorry letter to every person who had the smallest complaint, they would have to employ a team of 100 to work 24/7 to keep up. This would be the same with ANY line. ALso do you have any documentation that you were meant to receive credits?

If MSC had to send a sorry letter to every person who had the smallest complaint, they would have to employ a team of 100 to work 24/7 to keep up. This would be the same with ANY line. ALso do you have any documentation that you were meant to receive credits?

I don't have a smallest complain and yes, they must answer complains like any other line do, or cancel post cruise customer service at all. Since I am not the only one with same problem they must fix it. And what it is a big complain? Ship drowned?

No ,I been stupid enough to believe many MSC agents that I will get credit once on board. But they tape conversations and they can easy find out if they really want to.

So, cancel your cruise and go somewhere you are more comfortable.

Having said that, and not to be ornery, but safes are provided for a reason. People are people and everyone does bad things sometimes. You did by leaving your phone accessible even though there are warnings to lock up all your valuables and not leave them unattended.

The caller also did by choosing to pick up your unsecured/unlocked phone and using it.

It is incredibly hard to deal with charge reimbursement and I always wonder how people are not concerned with their personal items. It reminds me of back in the day when I worked as an order agent and when I'd ask for a CC number, the amount of people who'd need to "run to their car to get it" was astounding. I could never understand why someone would leave a credit card in their vehicle.

Anyway, this is not a slam to you. But I do hope it is a lesson learned for you and if it makes you feel better, choose a different line. But always secure that phone because everyone in the world is not you. And many in the world will freely take what is offered.

So, its fault of owner, not the thief.

Should we also lock our toothbrush or deodorant because the room steward (or any other crew) can use it because its not locked to safe. Also drink some water from my half left bottle because i forgot to lock it to safe.

There's no power in your cabin when you remove your cruisecard from the slot when leaving, so your items wouldn't be charging anyway L2C

Pop an out of date credit card in the slot and power stays on...done it for years. Always leave tv on in cabin at night while out too...

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Forums mobile app

Pop an out of date credit card in the slot and power stays on...done it for years.

Not something to be recommended as it's a fire hazard leaving items charging unattended - hence the reason there should be no power to the cabin when unoccupied. I really wish people would take fire risks more seriously on cruise ships.

I really wish people would take fire risks more seriously on cruise ships.

Bea ... Some people do not do it at home, only when you have had to deal with the devastation and aftermath can you really understand it.

I really wish people would take fire risks more seriously on cruise ships.

Bea ... Some people do not do it at home, only when you have had to deal with the devastation and aftermath can you really understand it.

Well I doubt MSC takes it seriously given that we saw several crew members smoking outside where it wasn't allowed (as soon as they saw us walking around they'd quick scurry away).

Not something to be recommended as it's a fire hazard leaving items charging unattended - hence the reason there should be no power to the cabin when unoccupied. I really wish people would take fire risks more seriously on cruise ships.

Oh goodness, i didnt say i left anything on charge, just tv on so people think we are in the cabin.....

Oh goodness, i didnt say i left anything on charge, just tv on so people think we are in the cabin.....

True ........... but your response when I was informing someone that their items didn't charge when they removed their cruisecard from the slot was:

"Pop an out of date credit card in the slot and power stays on...done it for years. Always leave tv on in cabin at night while out too..."

I'm curious to know what the "too" means :confused:

Edited by Beamafar

I believe the outlets still work. We had a clock plugged in and it continued to keep time. It was kept on the desk. Maybe only the lights turn off when the cruise card is removed. We did leave our phones charging when we left the cabin......happy to report no issues with anyone using our phone.

There's no power in your cabin when you remove your cruisecard from the slot when leaving, so your items wouldn't be charging anyway L2C

No ,I been stupid enough to believe many MSC agents that I will get credit once on board. But they tape conversations and they can easy find out if they really want to.

Of course they could have checked! I had printed proof that I had an on board credit, showed it on board and still got nothing, they said they had to check with shoreside. Got home and after 4 hours and 3 phone calls, got no... absolutely NO return call, email, nothing. Unfortunately, because of the total lack of customer service, MSC was a "one off" cruise for us.

(When we returned, our SIL, who is in a position to know for certain, said MSC is know in the shipping business for nickle and dimeing staff and clients - guess we had to find out for ourselves. :()

True ........... but your response when I was informing someone that their items didn't charge when they removed their cruisecard from the slot was:

"Pop an out of date credit card in the slot and power stays on...done it for years. Always leave tv on in cabin at night while out too..."

I'm curious to know what the "too" means :confused:

Petty.....and not helpful

Should we also lock our toothbrush or deodorant because the room steward (or any other crew) can use it because its not locked to safe. Also drink some water from my half left bottle because i forgot to lock it to safe.

You know, given that I have never encountered a room stewart with bad breath, unpleasant body odour or looks dehydrated, he/she could be doing all of the above while you are off to Lido for a bite. Think about it. :D