No news on more Coke Freestyle deployment

BillOh

Well it won't ruin my cruise but it will put a HUGE downer on it!! Going on the Liberty in August and I practically live off of Coke Zero. I absolutely can't stand soda from a bar hose. I don't drink alcohol or coffee but I do love my Coke Zero. I probably drink 3 a day more on a cruise. It kind of stinks to get a drink package and not have the soda machines but at least I'll have the bottled water and fresh OJ in the morning. I can only drink so many virgin frozen cocktails, they make me bloat from all that sugar. Oh well:(

Take a case of Coke Zero on with you. They rarely enforce taking pop or water on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone remember where the Freestyle machines are on the Anthem.

When we were on the Oasis, there were 2 in the Windjammer (1 each side), 2 at Sorrentos and 1 in the Arcade.

On the Granduer there was one by the Ben & Jerrys and 2 in the Windjammer.

Freestyle are only on ships that stay I. the US any ships that goes back and forth to Europe will not have them.

There's quite a bit more of the World than you've mentioned; arguably the majority of the best bits were missed :-)

Explorer is based out of Australia at the moment and I refilled at a freestyle machine ten minutes ago.

It truly puzzles me as to why Royal can't get their stuff together when it comes to the Freestyle machines. Sure, they're expensive: $50,000 each if you buy one outright, or $300 additional per month for leasing, plus the cost of supplies...but a big company like Royal should be able to absorb those kind of costs easily.

If it's a matter of ships being based all-year in the States, you'd think they could simply remove them from ships when they're about to deploy out of the region and store them shore-side, ready to install on the next ship that redeploys back to the States. Doesn't seem like it's rocket science and the machines are legitimately popular. Where else in the world can I get a Raspberry Diet Coke, or a Strawberry Fanta Zero?

And as for maintaining the machines...the high-school kids at my local Burger King, Wendys or Firehouse Subs don't seem to have a problem keeping the machines functioning pretty well. If Royal's employees can't manage it, the line is Doing Something Wrong.

Back in 2010 I was on Majesty for my first cruise ever, and I thought it was really nifty that they had self-serve soda machines (just the "normal" kind back then) that operated using your chipped beverage cup. Imagine my disappointment when I've sailed on Liberty once and Independence twice since then and, not only do they not have the much-heralded Freestyle machines, they don't have soda machines at all. Quite a step backwards for ships that are far newer and larger than dear old Majesty. :o

--And I dislike having to go to a bar for what amounts to a non-revenue transaction for the bartender. He/she would much rather be pouring a drink or getting a beer for someone -- and collecting a tip -- than getting me a soda, and the feeling is mutual.

C'mon, Royal. You can do better than this.

Anyone remember where the Freestyle machines are on the Anthem.

When we were on the Oasis, there were 2 in the Windjammer (1 each side), 2 at Sorrentos and 1 in the Arcade.

On the Granduer there was one by the Ben & Jerrys and 2 in the Windjammer.

If I remember correctly Oasis had 2 on each side of the Windjammer.