Need help deciding! Majesty or Enchantment?

A little backstory - my little brother is graduating college in March and we are planning a family cruise to celebrate. It will be me, DH, my brother and dad. Dad hasn't cruised since the 80's, brother since 2001 (both were on Carnival previously). DH and I are cruise junkies and so happy to finally get some family on board (literally).

We are trying to book the cruise and SO torn between Majesty of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas!! DH and I have been on Majesty twice and loved it's laid back charm but we aren't blind - it IS outdated and not nearly as showy or WOW'ing as the newer vessels. Neither of us have been on Enchantment of the Seas.

Right now, you're probably thinking "no brainer - Enchantment" but to add to our dilemma we all live in Orlando, an hour from Port Canaveral where Majesty is currently chillin'. We are 3.5 hours from Miami. Do we spring for the bigger/newer boat further away or go with the oldie-but-goodie from Port Canaveral, a mere hour away? Both are at a fairly similar rate right now. Decisions, decisions...

Since I have not been on Enchantment, can anyone chime in? Would you say it's "worth the drive"? Anything particularly unique there vs Majesty? So far, I've seen adults-only solarium and Ben & Jerry's ice cream...

Thank you as always!

... Since I have not been on Enchantment, can anyone chime in? Would you say it's "worth the drive"? Anything particularly unique there vs Majesty? So far, I've seen adults-only solarium and Ben & Jerry's ice cream...

Thank you as always!

Chops Grille, Park Cafe, bungee trampolines, huge pool deck, Diamond Lounge, Concierge Lounge, balcony staterooms that are not suites.

A little backstory - my little brother is graduating college in March and we are planning a family cruise to celebrate. It will be me, DH, my brother and dad. Dad hasn't cruised since the 80's, brother since 2001 (both were on Carnival previously). DH and I are cruise junkies and so happy to finally get some family on board (literally).

We are trying to book the cruise and SO torn between Majesty of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas!! DH and I have been on Majesty twice and loved it's laid back charm but we aren't blind - it IS outdated and not nearly as showy or WOW'ing as the newer vessels. Neither of us have been on Enchantment of the Seas.

Right now, you're probably thinking "no brainer - Enchantment" but to add to our dilemma we all live in Orlando, an hour from Port Canaveral where Majesty is currently chillin'. We are 3.5 hours from Miami. Do we spring for the bigger/newer boat further away or go with the oldie-but-goodie from Port Canaveral, a mere hour away? Both are at a fairly similar rate right now. Decisions, decisions...

Since I have not been on Enchantment, can anyone chime in? Would you say it's "worth the drive"? Anything particularly unique there vs Majesty? So far, I've seen adults-only solarium and Ben & Jerry's ice cream...

Thank you as always!

We live in Ormond and chose Enchantment. MJ has a better crew but that is about it.

Chops Grille, Park Cafe, bungee trampolines, huge pool deck, Diamond Lounge, Concierge Lounge, balcony staterooms that are not suites.

Thanks Bob! You're always so helpful on these boards. I can feel that extra 2.5 hour drive becoming more and more worth it... :D

Thanks Bob! You're always so helpful on these boards. I can feel that extra 2.5 hour drive becoming more and more worth it... :D

Just ASK BOB.... and you should do that extra driving. But while you are there, please ask the Captain to bring her back to her home port, PC.

We live 30 minutes from Port Canaveral and choose to drive to Miami last month to cruise Enchantment again for all of the reasons Bob mentioned. I do not have a problem with Majesty but prefer Enchantment. They need to bring her back to PC!!!!

We live 30 minutes from Port Canaveral and choose to drive to Miami last month to cruise Enchantment again for all of the reasons Bob mentioned. I do not have a problem with Majesty but prefer Enchantment. They need to bring her back to PC!!!!

We need to start a.... but wait, they took her away and left us nothing.... so I guess MJ is better than nothing.....

It's not worth the drive to Miami. Sure the EN has a little more to offer, but it's not worth the drive. Majesty has the best overall food quality and they do have Chefs Table and soon they will have Izumi. Also, the crew are are the friendliest in the fleet and the demographics of Port Canaveral just to me makes it a better choice since I also live in Orlando.

You're going to have just as great a cruise either way but I think Majesty may be a better overall cruise.. Now to be fair- if I loved in Miami, I wouldn't drive to Orlando to sail Majesty

I loved sailing on the EN when she was up here and would love to see her come back but I would still pick the MJ over driving the extra 3 1/2 hours down to Miami

Either way, we would have to fly, and I'd still pick Majesty, because I don't want to deal with Miami.

Thanks for your helpful advice everyone! You've swayed me!

We decided to spring for the extra drive and go on the Enchantment for March 17-20. We can always make a quickie drive to Port Canaveral when it is just two of us. If there was ever an incentive for an extra drive, it's a celebration cruise like this!

Excited to check out all the extras on Enchantment!

Totally hands down prefer Enchantment....but like some others....not worth the

three hour drive in that traffic IMHO to do a 3/4 night cruise when we can book

MJ close by. (Which we have done).

Include me in the many that want RCI to send our beloved Enchantment

back home to PC where she belongs!!

We have the largest ship and the smallest ship now...with nothing in between

at this brand new terminal here. :(