Sorry but another cheers questio

TheBubbs

I'm on the sunshine this march 25 and I will be buying cheers for the first time. No more smuggling for this guy .

My question: can I get drinks free in the steakhouse, main dinning room, shakes place, and spiked coffee?

From what I've found they upgraded cheers to include anything by the drink under 50$ is this still current?

Thanks everyone for your answers!

I'm on the sunshine this march 25 and I will be buying cheers for the first time. No more smuggling for this guy .

My question: can I get drinks free in the steakhouse, main dinning room, shakes place, and spiked coffee?

From what I've found they upgraded cheers to include anything by the drink under 50$ is this still current?

Yes. Drinks are included everywhere on the ship with Cheers.

You cannot use Cheers on HMC or Roatan, however.

Just go to the Carnival website:

CHEERS! INCLUDES:

All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $50.00 or lower menu price

Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages

Large format water bottles in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants

25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $50.00

25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

No idea which drink might come close.

gary

Any alcohol free drinks do not subtract from your 15 drinking allowance but if you have spiked milkshake or coffee then the alcohol does takeaway from your drinking allowance of 15

You are correct, any drinks in the steakhouse, bars, pool bar, shakes, and coffees are included in your Cheers package. The only things that are not are the drinks of the day in those souvenir cups, but you can still ask the bartender to make you it in a regular cup, and the shot guy in the dining room.

We skipped Cheers on our last cruise because we love cocktails from the Alchemy Bar and they were over the price limit. Now that the price point is MUCH higher, we're going for it on our cruise next month.

Btw, does anyone know how much Grand Marnier is?

Carnival announced the 'enhanced' program early last year, and I think it went into effect March 1st.

gary

It did. And I LITERALLY got off of the Carnival Dream (my first cruise ever) on February 28.:rolleyes:

Hmmmm... we sailed Carnival in September and the lower max value was what I remember coming across. We didn't buy Cheers however so good to know for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed in August and it was a $50 max then. I seem to recall that they changed it last spring.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

do the drinks with more then 1 oz of alcohol like some in the alchemy bar count as more then one drink towards your 15/day total?

No, if you order one drink that has a couple of different liquors in it, it counts as one drink.

Like a Long Island Iced Tea would be considered one drink.

do the drinks with more then 1 oz of alcohol like some in the alchemy bar count as more then one drink towards your 15/day total?

If it's on a bar menu, and is less than $50, it counts as one drink toward you 15. I believe if it's a custom order, they'd charge per shot toward the 15.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have purchased the Cheers program under both the old system and new and I can tell you I love the new program. I was able to get specialty teas, milkshakes, bottles of water for when we were getting off the ship in port, vitamin water, pop, anything and none of it counted toward the 15 max.

Specialty coffees etc - anything with alcohol in it will count toward the 15.

The only criticism I have is that you can order cocktails that have lots of shots in it (Tokyo tea or long island iced tea)and it only counts as one, but you can't order a double. For frozen cocktails they are VERY weak because they always mix way too much mix with your one shot of alcohol in the drink but only give you the one glass full. So there sits at least 1/2 to 2/3 of the shot you paid for in the blender. Not sure if they resell it, drink it themselves or throw it down the drain. I have asked a couple of bartenders about it and/or asked if they can put my shot in the glass and then add the mix and they say no, this is how we do it.