MV Mercury - Live!!

excitedofharpenden

Hi All

I'm re-assured to have found this thread. We are booked on Mercury for 12/23/05 and having been told/read repeatedly that the ship was shabby, worn and in desperate need of a re-furb, was very worried as to whether I would be wasting my mullah.

I have been on Millie and Summit which were really nice ships and I know the Celebrity service is second to none, so hopefully this trip will live up to all my expectations!

I know that 3 of the four stops are tendered, can someone tell me which one is berthed and how much hassle it is to get of the ship by tender, bearing in mind the Ixtapa stop is not very long.

Phil if you read this - I live a few miles from you and often visit Harpenden for the lovely clothes shops and restaurants. Small world!

C :)

In mazatlan today. only got off ship to do internet, and check out the little market by the ship

We are on the 10 day cruise, and only tender at Cabo and Ixtapa.

As I said the ship is in great shape. Our outside cabin is in good shape. Other than a few rust marks, and the wood floor in the elevators needs re-finishing. It is beautiful.

This is our first time cruising with Celebrity and would not hesitate to go on this cruise again. maybe do the 11 day next.

food is great,service good, and entertainment staff are good also.

We are at sea tomorrow, then Acapulco.

don't worry about any negative remarks.

chat soon:D

Hi Carina

We'll be on the cruise with you. This will be the fourth time for me on the Mercury, and I really love the ambiance of this ship. It is different then the Summit and Millenium but a class act in itself. I have been on Summit and Constellation and find the staff on the Mercury to be as wonderful if not more so and the food is always top notch.

ann

[quote name='kpalmer7']In mazatlan today. only got off ship to do internet, and check out the little market by the ship

We are on the 10 day cruise, and only tender at Cabo and Ixtapa.

As I said the ship is in great shape. Our outside cabin is in good shape. Other than a few rust marks, and the wood floor in the elevators needs re-finishing. It is beautiful.

This is our first time cruising with Celebrity and would not hesitate to go on this cruise again. maybe do the 11 day next.

food is great,service good, and entertainment staff are good also.

We are at sea tomorrow, then Acapulco.

Hi! Thanks for posting "live".:cool:
Could you please tell us is the ship's time changed from port to port. I have read that sometimes it is and sometimes not. I am especially interested in Puerto Vallarta because there is a tour I would like to take. Thanks
Eleanor

We were on the cruise with Phil .. sure wish we all were back on-board .. we all had such a fantastic time!

Yes, the ship does change the clock!! From San Diego to Acapulco we pushed ahead 2 hours .. and then fell back 2 hours on our return to San Diego .. the daily schedules outline when the time changes will take place, and the dining room staff will also remind at the end of the evening meal.

As to the condition of the ship ... we found really didn't find too much "shabby" .. very clean! Some of the furniture is in need of replacement .. the cabins have these very flimsy chairs .. I swear their sides are press card board! Both of our chairs were falling apart when we arrived .. no problem, we asked for both to be swapped with dining room chairs .. which they took care of ASAP. Other than a few worn chairs .. we really didn't notice anything else that was in need of repair.

We would ruturn to the Mercury and this cruise in a heart beat .. we had such fantastic weather and calm seas .. and the mexican ports of call were quite charming.

enjoy your cruise!

Charmie

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to decide on one cruise vs. the other? I know the 11-night adds a few hours in Ixtapa and a day in Manzanillo, but are they worth it for the extra day and cost? Thanks! Also, is the Ryndam coming back to the extended Mexico run now that she is out of drydock?

Hi Carina

We'll be on the cruise with you. This will be the fourth time for me on the Mercury, and I really love the ambiance of this ship. It is different then the Summit and Millenium but a class act in itself. I have been on Summit and Constellation and find the staff on the Mercury to be as wonderful if not more so and the food is always top notch.

ann

Thanks for that positive feedback, especially as there is another negative Mercury post above this thread complaining about the food. As long as I get my Eggs Benedict a couple of times I'll be more than satisfied!

I'm sure I'm going to have a fantastic time, really looking forward to it now.

My DW and I are going to be on the 1/23/06 Mexican Riveria cruise, prior posters have stated that late seating diners will see the shows after dinner. My wife and I love to go to the shows each night and would hate to miss them. BUT, she has had me taking ballroom dancing lessons for this cruise, does this mean that I will not be able to show off my new found talent?

We are in Acapulco today... "our" Summit is docked right behind the Mercury. We are having a fantastic cruise to date and hope to meet some Mercury pax today. Who knows someone might be in the dockside internet cafe next to my cubicle..

What Phil failed to tell you is the reason he had such a great time on that cruise. He was accompanied by his cousin, a true comedian. GrouchoofHarpenden

The first time I saw Phil on the cruise he had this get up on. I knew it was going to be good times with the Amigos!

ROFL

On the roll call for Mercury Jan.2/06 ....questions were asked about the day of sailing. The ship leaves in the evening...8pm. I think. Is there the traditional buffet when you board around noon and the usual seatings in the evening? On port days, was the dining room open @ breakfast and lunch in addition to the buffet and was dinner casual dress? What time were you allowed to board? Thankyou for your answers.

Anna:)

On the roll call for Mercury Jan.2/06 ....questions were asked about the day of sailing. The ship leaves in the evening...8pm. I think. Is there the traditional buffet when you board around noon and the usual seatings in the evening? On port days, was the dining room open @ breakfast and lunch in addition to the buffet and was dinner casual dress? What time were you allowed to board? Thankyou for your answers.

Anna:)

Ship departed about 8:00 on our trip... we had regular seating times for dinner (we were late seating at 8:30, and assigned seating).

There was the traditional 'welcome aboard buffet'.

I don't know about dining room hours on port days for lunch and breakfast since I didn't do lunch or breakfast in the dining room.

We boarded the ship about 12:30 pm.

In PV today. weather much cooler. Now 2 days at sea and then home:(

It's been a great cruise. Really can't complain about anything.

But maybe someone can answer this question. Do all Celebrity ships close their pools so early???

pools 8pm

hot tubs 9pm

I'm used to being able to get in the hot tub and watch the moon and stars at night.

Seems crazy to me.

Most other lines are either 24hr, or at least till midnight.

Hope the weather holds for the next 2 days

I'll post a review when I get home. If anyone has questions, i'll try to answer.

I've kept everything.

chat soon

Hi we're in Hitchin. Up the road from you. Ever do the Millenninum? We're doing it in Dec. islands then south america. back to back.

thanks

bryan & roger bryger2@aol.com:D

Hi in Frosty Hitchin

I was on the Millennium for Xmas cruising the Eastern Caribbean. A beautiful ship, service and staff second to none and nice ports of call. You will have a fantastic time. Make sure you find out where everything is and what's on offer, we didn't discover some bits until mid way though the cruise! Have learnt since to use these boards and research properly.

Archived