MV Mercury - Live!!

excitedofharpenden

Well I'm back and a bit jet lagged, but will work on my review and photos over the next few days. We all really did have a great time and I'm missing Mercury already. If you see some scratch marks on the door onto the Promenade deck, those were made by me as they dragged me off the ship:) Thanks for all the kind words, especially Joan and Lois. It was an [B]absolute[/B] pleasure meeting all of you too. Now I'm just going off to see if my head will fit through the door:D

Phil

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Phil, you're worried about getting your head in the door? When I get back from a cruise it's usually my gut and my #$$ I'm worried about.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Welcome home.[/FONT]

And a welcome home to joan too.

This is probably a stupid question and I hope I phrase it correctly. We are doing back to back Mexican Riviera Cruies on the Mercury in January. It has been 3 years since our last Celebrity cruise and we took a Carribean cruise and seemed like we spent way too much time getting up early getting through customs/ immigrations in the lounge before we could disembark at the various ports. We haven't done this before or since on any other cruise line. Could you tell us if you had to do this at each port or since all stops are in Mexico do that not do the long lines to clear you except on your return to USA

Thanks

Mar:)

Phil: Just wanted to jump on the bandwagon and say Welcome Home. Glad to hear your favorable report. Joyce and I are looking forward to our 4/17/06 Mexican Riviera cruise on the Mercury. My thread is still a little light, but hope to have as warm a group as we had on our Panama Cruise aboard Galaxy back in '04.

Hi everyone.....

Glad everyone had a wonderful time. We sail Jan. 2/06 on the Mercury and can't wait. What are the "must see" place in the ports?
Did anyone travel with their children? We are bringing our 17 yr. daughter with us. Any other info. is greatly appreciated? Thankyou in advance.

Peace.............Anna:)

[quote name='M&M CRUZERS']Glad you're having a great trip and enjoying the Mercury. We sail on her in just 32 more days. Frank does give a great tour -- went to Copola with him last year; doing Randi's horseback riding this time.

Looking forward to your review. Have a safe trip home!![/quote]

You well enjoy Randi, she is a class act. Bring camera(Tony will take pictures of you with your camera on the beach) and small USDs. Lunch after at Victor's (on the beach) is the best. Becky had BAR-B-QUE Shrimp <already peeled> and I (David) had Gralic Shrimp. When you meet Randi with her [COLOR=magenta]PINK SIGN[/COLOR][COLOR=black] at a table in the first shopping area off the Mercury, you can ask about the best shops, venders, and her favorite pharmacy. Wear Long pants or jeans. Make sure Tony or his father adjusts the stirrups. Water Taxi and Tractor Taxi and return are all included and loads of fun. Nonriders can also make the trip. We would be happy to answer any questions.[/COLOR]

Phil, Welcome home!! We agree, it was indeed a fantastic cruise. We couldn't have asked for better weather! Our first celebrity experience ... it won't be our last .. what terrific service we received, and every staff memeber we encountered was smiling, helpful and very enjoyable to chat with. We have a wonderful picture of you in the 'football hat" ... It was nice being neighbors on-board ..

It was a lot of fun running into all the folks from CC .. what a terrific group of people!!

Checked the web cam this morning and saw she's enjoying another beautiful day in cabo ... oh, if only we could all be back there too!!

Peggy Sue

[quote name='uktog']Phil
Glad to see that your UK timeclock continued to allow you to indulge in nocturnal activities!!
Hope you had a great trip - you did not miss anything decent back home, just the usual politicians, weather disasters, sports fiascos and celebrity bloopers[/quote]

''Celebrity Bloopers'' :eek: I don't think so :) . What a wonderful cruise line. And the "Mercury'' she is not a rustbucket, Phil is....;) Hope you are feeling better, tum tum, finger nails;) , etc.

Miss you,
Becky and David

p

Hello from the MV mercury.

We are in Cabo today. Very hot and sunny.

The ship is fantastic!!! I haven't noticed much wear&tear. We're in a deluxe ocean view near the end of the ship and it's perfect.

The service is great, food " to die for" I've never met so many friendly staff on a cruise ship. Everyone has a smile and a "good day"

The only complaint I have so far is that if you have late sitting for dinner, all the shows are after dinner, so it tends to be a very late night.
Not like other cruise lines that have the shows either before dinner for late sitting, or after dinner for early sitting.

I can't remember what port tomorrow, but if I find a internet cafe, i'll check in again.

chat soon:cool:

[quote name='kpalmer7']Hello from the MV mercury.

We are in Cabo today. Very hot and sunny.

The ship is fantastic!!! I haven't noticed much wear&tear. We're in a deluxe ocean view near the end of the ship and it's perfect.

The service is great, food " to die for" I've never met so many friendly staff on a cruise ship. Everyone has a smile and a "good day"

The only complaint I have so far is that if you have late sitting for dinner, all the shows are after dinner, so it tends to be a very late night.
Not like other cruise lines that have the shows either before dinner for late sitting, or after dinner for early sitting.

I can't remember what port tomorrow, but if I find a internet cafe, i'll check in again.

chat soon:cool:[/quote]
Becky and I just got off the Mercury 10/31/05 cruise. Late sitting really is the best if you go ashore and if you enjoy sushi :cool: (6PM-10PM). Some shows are before and the rest after late seating. Don't miss any show, just ask ''Over the Pond'' Phil;)
Becky & David:D

Archived