MV Mercury - Live!!

excitedofharpenden

OK, first of our final two sea days back to San Diego and am having a great time. Forget all the bad press on this rusty old bucket. She's wonderful:) Food has been good to excellent, especially liking the beef which has been uniformly delicious. Very surprised at just how good some of the entertainment has been. Yes, the aerialists, Jean Claude and Gaby were great and their daughter delightful. The banjo player was excellent too, as were the local folklore group. We have a great Cruise Critic gang and our yellow badged tee-shirts have been seen and commented on around the ship.

Anything bad? No, nothing, but them I'm on a CRUISE!:) :cool: Mexico has been a surprise. The people have been wonderful and the scenery and tours really very good, especially our day with Mazatlan Frank. If you have him on an upcoming tour you won't be disappointed! A Great sense of humour and informative too. The weather has been sunny all the way and the seas as calm as any cruise I've been on. I'm taking a couple of Bonine today, just so that I can say I found them useful;) No blue azure seas in Mexico and the one bit of snorkelling wasn't great, but then I knew that it wasn't the Caribbean.

I'll sign off now and do a review when I am back home, but you are going to love this ship if you are to be sailing on her.

Phil

PHIL!!! Thanks for checking in...nice to have some news from a place that's not cold,wet and miserable...amazing how people with good attitudes find the ships nice...

All the best and have a safe trip home.

Thanks for the great comments. We'll be boarding the Mercury just as you guys are leaving. Never cruised with Celebrity before so we're really looking forward to it.

I'm glad the weather has been good for you. Mexico is usually nice this time of yr.

Only 2 more sleeps:D

WHAT?????????.....................No stained and filthy rugs? No worn spots on the chairs? No bed bugs, lice, or roaches? No signs of p or poo or sea men showing up under the black light? No intestinal disorders, no canceled ports, no mildew in the shower or extra charges on the bill?

And You Call This A CRUISE?

FetchPic.jpeg.6e1b6fc2ef00331b99c44dc76ff03846.jpeg

Hi Phil, it's great to hear from you. I've been watching your progress on celebrityatsea and keep going to the archieves to see if I can capture you again (as in the photo above). Have a safe journey home! We all look forward to hearing from you.

Garry

Hey Phil, thanks for the update on Mercury. We are going on the 11 night cruise out of San Diego on Jan. 2nd., and are getting very excited.

We have already booked four shore excursions and are really looking forward to them. We were on Mercury for our first Celebrity cruise and loved it, even though my DW was ill [not sea sick], and everyone including our butler was very attentive to her - so much so, our upcoming cruise is our fifth on Celebrity in less than two years :D.

Phil,

Thanks for the update, it sounds like you are having a great time. My w ife and I leave in just 11 days for our vacation on Mercury. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity so any pointers you can give us will be appreciated.

We look forward to your review. Best wishes on your return home.

Thanks for the post - we too are sailing on Mercury 11/21 - we sailed her in 2002 and loved it. Here's hoping for a safe trip home and wonderful remainder to your journey!

PS - Have a drink for the rest of us during one of these sea days!!

Hi Phil!

Happy to hear you love the ship as well as the ports of call along the Mex. Riviera. Gwynn & I have been to most of the ports on your itinerary and loved them all. In fact, hoping to make a trip to Mexico on the Mercury some time soon.:D

Dianne

Hi Phil, glad you are having such a good time:) But I am not surprised

at all! Mercury is a lovely ship. Phil, Marti and I sailed her last year

and also had a wonderful week. Hi Phil:)

And I agree 110% with you about Frank's. We had a group

of 10 on Summit last month who toured with him. We had

a fun, fun day as well:)!!!

If you should read this thread before disembarking, please

give my love to Cathy and Dawn. Thanks:)

Safe flight home across the pond.

Phil, thanks for taking time during your cruise to say hello!

Glad to hear you found the Mercury as wonderful as we did. I still marvel at how good the staff was. They really did seem to enjoy their work and made our trip unforgettable.

And now I want to go again...

Susan

Phil, glad to hear you are enjoying Mercury. We left her on 10/31 and are now waiting for snow in Michigan!

Would you do me a favor if possible? Stop by the fine jewelry shop and tell Sass that her BCBG skirt is in the mail. My daughter and I went shopping for her. Nothing like forgetting to get her e-mail address. Thank you!!!

Archived