Crown Bay for Allure

I did not find anything inherently wrong with the port.

However, it is relatively far from the downtown area compared to Havensight.

And very many fewer shopping places right near the ship.

Confirmed.

In fact, I believe all RC ships are going to Crown Bay now.

Also Oasis class ships can't dock at West Indian Co. pier at Havensight as they have too much draft. Crown Bay west side was dredged out to accommodate this class.

As of October 2016 "all" RCI ships will dock at Crown Bay (no more Havensight for any RCI ships fleetwide)...due to a new contract being signed that will carry thru for the next 10 years.

I for one will miss docking at Havensight on RCI ships (other than the Oasis class which could never dock there and had to dock at Crown Bay due to the depth as it used to be a submarine pier)...

I much prefer the shopping and many of the restaurants in Havensight...also if your one that likes Havensight too...don't bother to make the trip over there if there isn't some other cruise ship docked there that day...We have and it's basically closed.

Is there a problem with Crown Bay?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Yes, there are many fewer shops, you can't easily walk to the lifts for Paradise Point, it is a much longer walk into town on sidewalks with little view as opposed to the nice walk along the water from Havensight into town, and it is a longer trip for those who want to go over to St. John for the day.

We docked there at the end of December. I didn't miss Havensight as much as I thought I would. There was a bar at the end of the pier (off to the right) that we absolutely LOVED, however, it closed permanently December 31.

I am curious, where there are too many ships in port, and a RCL ship has to tender in, do they still tender into Crown Bay? The DL concierge said the sailing prior to ours had to tender.

Will miss the convenient shopping at Havensight. Also our favorite St. Thomas

sushi bar "Benny Iquanas" for lunch. :(

Did some research on "that other travel website" and found a sushi bar/restaurant

on the water front somewhat near Crown Point called Enkai. Will check it out.

Anyone been there yet?