Church services- Glory

We will be on the Glory next week. Can anyone tell me if they have worship services on the ship? I have searched and can't seem to find any information. Thanks!

No regular organized church, temple, mosque, wiccan, etc. services scheduled on any ship.

You can organize a service for a special holiday and provide details to Carnival (or any other line) to get approval to use a venue for the time and occasion you seek.

I have seen Christmas and Hannukah services in small venues on several cruise lines.

No regular organized church, temple, mosque, wiccan, etc. services scheduled on any ship.

You can organize a service for a special holiday and provide details to Carnival (or any other line) to get approval to use a venue for the time and occasion you seek.

I have seen Christmas and Hannukah services in small venues on several cruise lines.

While I agree with what you said, last week on the Pride there was a menorah and daily service in the Atrium.

While I agree with what you said, last week on the Pride there was a menorah and daily service in the Atrium.

Jewish services can be lead by any Jewish adult, over the age of 13. No clergy needed. Hanukkah isn't even a service, just three or two prayers. Any Jew, including a child, can lead those.

Hanukkah 'services' are three minutes long the first night, two minutes on the last 7 nights. Takes longer to argue the correct way to light the thing than the time it takes to say the prayers.

Op-- see if there is a church service in a port of call. At times we've seen a church service in the Funtimes.

Carnival does do a nice job of doing it.

Jewish services can be lead by any Jewish adult, over the age of 13. No clergy needed. Hanukkah isn't even a service, just three or two prayers. Any Jew, including a child, can lead those.

Hanukkah 'services' are three minutes long the first night, two minutes on the last 7 nights. Takes longer to argue the correct way to light the thing than the time it takes to say the prayers.

Op-- see if there is a church service in a port of call. At times we've seen a church service in the Funtimes.

Carnival does do a nice job of doing it.

I certainly was not speaking from a point of knowledge, just stating that it was the first time I had seen it, also had a Carnival staff member assigned to assist. We have, on occasion seen a mention of a service (both non-denominational as well as specific - Catholic in our case) written up in the fun times as you mention as well.

I certainly was not speaking from a point of knowledge, just stating that it was the first time I had seen it, also had a Carnival staff member assigned to assist. We have, on occasion seen a mention of a service (both non-denominational as well as specific - Catholic in our case) written up in the fun times as you mention as well.

We had the Chanukah "service" on an Hawaii cruise two years ago and it is not a big deal just a bunch of us gathered around a Menorah.

Was kind of funny what they served as potato latkes. They had no idea what they were making.

Discussed with the chef who made it and he improved it the next night.:)

We had the Chanukah "service" on an Hawaii cruise two years ago and it is not a big deal just a bunch of us gathered around a Menorah.

Was kind of funny what they served as potato latkes. They had no idea what they were making.

lol

Sent from my iPhone

Heard from Mom and Sis about 'those' pancakes. The Inspiration did a nice job last year.

You'd think Carnival had a decent latke recipe as the Arison's are Israeli.

Hey, no problem. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Just didn't want anybody reading this think that it was an hour service or something.

Edited by SadieN

Heard from Mom and Sis about 'those' pancakes. The Inspiration did a nice job last year.

You would have thought:eek::eek:

We offered to go into the galley when they wanted to make them and show them firsthand but they said no to that.

They tried so give them that

While true, I doubt Micky does a lot of cooking or recipe referencing for any of the lines. I did meet him and his daughter once at the naming ceremony for the Magic in Galveston. I jokingly asked his daughter if she worked for Carnival, she said no she like basketball and daddy bought her a team.... the conversation was pretty much over from that point....:eek:

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately Sunday happens to be a day at sea for us next week on the Glory so as much as I would love to attend in port somewhere that is not an option. I appreciate all the help. We are Baptist Christians and will probably just have a small gathering together among ourselves.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately Sunday happens to be a day at sea for us next week on the Glory so as much as I would love to attend in port somewhere that is not an option. I appreciate all the help. We are Baptist Christians and will probably just have a small gathering together among ourselves.

An excellent plan according to Matthew 6: 5-8.

I find many spiritual moments sitting on deck and contemplating the vastness and beauty of the sea and the sky.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Good question.

We are going on the Glory in March, and someone said there was a chapel, and then someone said there was not. What a shame, as I always love to check them out, and spend some "quiet" time there. I believe every Carnival chapel I have been on so far has one, and this will be first for me, not having one.

Good question.

We are going on the Glory in March, and someone said there was a chapel, and then someone said there was not. What a shame, as I always love to check them out, and spend some "quiet" time there. I believe every Carnival chapel I have been on so far has one, and this will be first for me, not having one.

There is no chapel, but there is a room that is set up that resembles one where they have weddings. It's on Deck 4 and you can get there by taking the stairs by Creams on Deck 5 down. It has 2 small pillar things and some chairs on either side of an "aisle". It is called the Green Conference Room on the map.

I find many spiritual moments sitting on deck and contemplating the vastness and beauty of the sea and the sky.

This...have to agree as we have found many more deep spiritual moments just sitting together (me & DH), watching the sun rise on our balcony.