rcci prices

I have my RCCL records going back at least the last 7 years covering more than 1000 cruise nights. Over the last two years the bottom line prices have increased significantly, many during so called "SALES." This began when fuel prices were low and in spite of the increases (which were never lowered) several years before when fuel was very high. I will not speculate as to why costs increased and at the same time( doing more with less) the overall cruising experience has been negatively affected. By the way, RCCL is not the only cruise line/company that has had a similar history.

I will not speculate as to why costs increased .

I'll speculate. Supply and Demand. Cruise Lines are businesses. The obligation of the business is to be as profitable as possible. They flux in price and amenities rapidly. The passengers have let them know, like the airlines, that they prefer to "pick and choose" what they want to pay for. So they piecemeal things allowing you to buy what interests you and not what doesn't. Anyone seen a ship sail empty? Even 25% empty? Not me. Seems every ship is full. So they raise their prices as they can. It isn't any conspiracy, only maximizing profits. I suspect any business that any cruise critic member is in does the same thing.

I'm a massive RCL fan and really want to sail Anthem from NYC desperately, however I'm now looking at Breakaway. Same itinerary, cheaper (by almost £300 for an inside), AND includes a drinks package.

Cruising RCL has become too expensive for me given the $/£ rate :(

Edited by Mark_UK

Ever looked at prices for Disney Cruises? Whenever I think Royal Caribbean charges a lot I pull up the DCL page and calm myself.

Royal is not in the same league as Disney. Disney has a passenger to crew ratio in the same league as Azamara, Viking and Crystal. Royal is around Carnival level in most cases.

https://www.cruisewatch.com/top-10/ships-passenger-crew-ratio/

I'll speculate. Supply and Demand. Cruise Lines are businesses. The obligation of the business is to be as profitable as possible. They flux in price and amenities rapidly. The passengers have let them know, like the airlines, that they prefer to "pick and choose" what they want to pay for. So they piecemeal things allowing you to buy what interests you and not what doesn't. Anyone seen a ship sail empty? Even 25% empty? Not me. Seems every ship is full. So they raise their prices as they can. It isn't any conspiracy, only maximizing profits. I suspect any business that any cruise critic member is in does the same thing.

It doesn't seem like a hard concept to understand yet we get post after post of people who expect businesses to willing lower their profits. When ships stop sailing at capacity we will see adjustment made to quality or price.

Actually I charge what I feel is a reasonable fee for my services. I could charge more but I am pretty comfortable and don't feel a need to gouge people for more.

rcci prices to high this year must be the price of the pound or just a ripoff

100% agreed. We are loyal to Royal but just booked for the next New Year's on NCL due to a far better deal. We have not sailed with NCL for 10 years, so fingers crossed. I would love to book again with RCCL but I have to feel that the price difference is worth it and right now, I am doubting it is.

And for the comments above about Disney cruises, I could not agree more. Another reason this person is not in love with the mouse and I will likely never step onboard a Disney cruise.

Because I don't really need to be anywhere specifically apart from just being on a ship as often as possible I just pick the bargains as they arise.

Off the top of my head I doubt that I would have spent over a $100 AUD pp per night (that's about $73 USD and our prices also include all taxes and port charges) when averaged across our RCL cruises in the last year. This would include a mixture of insides balconies and even two junior suites.

So personally I haven't really seen price rises adding to our expense.

Still great value from my POV.