Allure Izumi Habachi Experiance What's it like?

Help! Going on Allure 2/26. What's involved with the experiance. The menu just shows what seems to be the basic menu. Has anyone done this. We've been on Allure and Oasis before. Does it grill beef chicken shrimp in front of you. Didn't see anything on the menu. Thanks in advance😉

Thanks. Was it worth the 39$. That's more then Chops. Been there done that.

Food is very subjective, but we did this on both the Oasis and Allure. The food on the Allure was so salty and not enjoyable. A lot probably depends on the chef. Our chef was just returning from an extended break, so maybe he was rusty?? However, he put way too much soy sauce on everything and we both agreed that it was just not good. The experience is fun, but we go to Benihana several time a year and the p/p charge is less than $39. Seems very steep.

We did Izumi on the Oasis in June and it was AWESOME!:D:D

You get to pick your protein, as you mentioned above, and then they do a ton of rice, veggies, eggs, etc.

The chef was EXTREMELY entertaining, with his cooking skills and jokes.

We really did enjoy the food and the experience. Would definitely do it again. Enjoy!!:D:D

It was a fun interactive experience, just like Benihana as mentioned by Bob. However, some of that will really depend on your tablemates.

I also agree with the comment about the food being very salty and is likely to vary from chef to chef but I've seen other numerous comments saying the same thing so it definitely has merit to it. Perhaps asking for less salt to the waiter prior to the chef coming out would help???

We found that they put way too much soy sauce on everything, even things that really didn't need it. Fried rice only needs a very little, but not enough to turn it dark brown. Do you really need that much on shrimp? everything taste like soy sauce, nothing tastes clean and natural.

We did last month. Not worth that price. Good entertainment. Food all flavored with the same sauce. Better options on board in my opinion. Wish we had done the Italian place. You have to pay extra for Sushi if you want that

We did Izumi Hibachi on Allure in November. It was $39pp for 1 item and $45 for 2 items. I wanted to try the lobster. It was only available with Scallops so I chose the Scallops and Lobster (see pic below). Was it worth it? Not really. Would we do it again? Probably not.

We were with another couple and had a good time but felt the food was not what we expected. As you can see in the picture my Lobster/Scallops were drenched in Soy Sauce and were overcooked and rubbery. Entertainment was good but for $45 I expected a better meal. DH had beef. When asked how he wanted it cooked he said "Medium Rare". Well....like my seafood his beef was overcooked and well done.

9f56e0632e3d68db45fd2606c2932e17.jpg

a8ea99f816571aa08211e69ea46c04bb.jpg

93fedc883142d27ec8ffb20b4d6d1187.jpg

614000fd95abbdd7cbeb75e385ee9cd5.jpg

4b194717c4b8855ecdfe7ad97fc4948c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I think a lot depends on the chef cooking. We did Izumi on Oasis and I had perfectly medium rare beef. My DH likes his closer to medium and his was cooked correctly too. Our server used very little soy but seemed to use a lot of a compound butter that had lots of garlic and other things in it.

We ordered gyoza from the sushi side of the restaurant, other ordered sushi. That came very quickly and could be enjoyed as the chef was doing his show.

We would do Izumi again.

Izumi is fine but it's nothing special. If you've ever been to a hibachi then this won't be anything that you haven't seen in the past.

I agree that they need to calm down on the soy sauce.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk