Embassy Suites 17th Street to Sawgrass Mills.

Reina del Mar

Staying at Embassy Suites pre cruise. Flying into FLL so no hire car.

Please advise whether Sawgrass Mills is doable .

Never used Uber or Lyft.(Bit of a technophobe)

Any suggestions for public transport ? Shuttle ?

Not sure taxi fare would make it a worthwhile experience

Help ? Ideas ? Suggestions >

Thanks.

We did it once by public bus, but wouldn't do it again. It was a long indirect journey and the bus got very crowded specially on the way back. I believe that a taxi would be $50+ each way.

Unless you want to hit a specific store/stores the Sawgrass Mall is huge. More than you can cover in one day.

For our shopping day now, we go to Galleria Mall, which has a Macy's (10% discount on most items on production of passport) and numerous other stores. Then we go over to TJ Maxx in Harbour shops (close to Embassy Suites) and buy a couple of bottles of wine in Total Wines.

We stayed at Embassy Suites three days ago. There was a pamphlet for Sawgrass Mills. It stated that there was a shuttle. Roundtrip was $30/pp. There is a concierge desk in the lobby, I guess you sign up there. Hope this helps.

Sawgrass offers their own shopping shuttle from various Ft Lauderdale hotel locations. On our last trip to the area, I recall reading something about this in the Pier 66 room literature. Contact your hotel, or google Sawgrass Shuttle. Since we had a rental car, it as an easy drive. IMO, not much different from premium malls near me, but a nice way to spend pre-cruise money.

Darcy

• 1 month later...
We stayed at Embassy Suites three days ago. There was a pamphlet for Sawgrass Mills. It stated that there was a shuttle. Roundtrip was $30/pp. There is a concierge desk in the lobby, I guess you sign up there. Hope this helps.

Thank you...this sounds easier than renting a car and paying for parking at the hotel....if we have to carry shopping might stop us over spending too.:):)