Question about Miami

ronrick1943

We'll be on the Explorer late this year, the ship states it will dock at 6:00AM in Miami. Since the ship will be at sea for 2 days before docking should be on time. It will dock on a Friday.

I have two choices to fly home, one is 12:15PM out of MIA on AA and the other is 2:00PM also on AA. Do you think we can make the 12:15PM without worry or do you think we'd be better off on the 2:00PM. We'll have a car pick-up and we're pre-check with TSA.

Thanks for your help.

Rick

We departed Miami last month after disembarking the Explorer. We had a 11:20 a.m. flight booked and were told by 100% of the posters on CC that we would not make the flight. However, the G.M. onboard and a friend in Miami told us that we would make the flight. Got to say that it was stressful but we were amongst the first off of the ship (9:00 a.m.) got our luggage, went through passport control, got a taxi and arrived at the airport by 9:30 a.m. - no problems at all! So, in my opinion, the earlier flight is doable!

Find out of you can book the later flight, then change to the earlier if you get to the airport early. We did this one time in FLL, but we had to pay a small fee as I remember (and it was still stressful getting through security in time!)

I don't like added stress when I travel.

Your earlier flight is doable. But if you want to consider a possibility of disembarkation delay like docking and clearance delays, it is better to be relaxed and choose the later flight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by easyboy

Greetings, Everyone, from South Beach. Travelcat2 is correct about the earlier flight being doable. However, we are full time residents of South Beach. As such, we recognize the favorite bird around here is the Crane (genus Construction) in assorted sizes.These birds show up everywhere, sometimes overnight. They build nests called condos, fit for human habitation. We live in one. The part that affects transport to the airport is the fact that streets and sidewalks are ripped up, sometimes for days.

Seriously, you may a have perfectly clear ride to the airport. I hope so.

Mary

We departed Miami last month after disembarking the Explorer. We had a 11:20 a.m. flight booked and were told by 100% of the posters on CC that we would not make the flight. However, the G.M. onboard and a friend in Miami told us that we would make the flight. Got to say that it was stressful but we were amongst the first off of the ship (9:00 a.m.) got our luggage, went through passport control, got a taxi and arrived at the airport by 9:30 a.m. - no problems at all! So, in my opinion, the earlier flight is doable!

May be doable if you want to roll the dice. I would never advise that and I live here and a native South Floridian.